Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Beautiful moment from the highlights on the AFL website. Go to about 2.10 into the video and you'll see a bit of a scuffle, Naicos comes in and lays a finger on the blokes wrestling, gets a slight nudge and goes catapulting away from the contest. He must've thought the ball was in play and he could win a free kick.

View attachment 1942526

1711660793243.png

Slight nudge? Okay!

Are anyone still trying to argue that he could be? Wonderful player in his half back role, but too many holes in his game to be anywhere near a Ablett / Matthews.

But Nick Daicos would be leading the Phantom Brownlow count with 10 votes I reckon.
I’m sure he’s going to “receive” it at his table at the back, it’s not like he’s going to go and get it himself.

Are anyone still trying to argue that he could be? Wonderful player in his half back role, but too many holes in his game to be anywhere near a Ablett / Matthews.

But Nick Daicos would be leading the Phantom Brownlow count with 10 votes I reckon.
I’m sure he’s going to “receive” it at his table at the back, it’s not like he’s going to go and get it himself.

I don't know, are anyone?

When he lots of kicks from half back, he's criticised for not getting enough contested possessions. When he gets contested possessions, he's criticised for not getting enough metres gained. When he gets metres gained, he's criticised for not being stormy enough.

It would be good if he could put it all together one day then.

Bit much to expect that from the biggest squib in the universe though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like Nick hit the sweet spot last night... enough possessions and good use to avoid being overly criticised by the haters, but nothing outstanding enough to be GOAT anointed by the fanbois.

Of course, there will be exceptions on both sides.

Lol Fadge. 8th highest rated player in the game despite being fed by far the most uncontested possessions with 22 + kick ins. He has your whole franchise trying to make him BOG and they can't get the squib into the top 7 on the ground. :tearsofjoy:
And today's entertainment was brought to you by the warped 'Player Ratings' algorithm, that had Bobby Hill the 13th highest rated player in the 2023 Grand Final.

Seems like Nick hit the sweet spot last night... enough possessions and good use to avoid being overly criticised by the haters, but nothing outstanding enough to be GOAT anointed by the fanbois.

Of course, there will be exceptions on both sides.
Jack Sinclair is far better at this role

Back