Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 114 27.6%
  • No

Votes: 299 72.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Also....

Jason Akermanis (not sure I ever saw Diesel kick a 55 metre goal from the pocket on his opposite foot... this guy did it for fun).
Simon Black
Sam Mitchell
Scott Pendlebury
NICK DAICOS

To say these guys aren't even close to Diesel is standard Carlton supporter delusion.

Then we have the guys like Ablett Snr, Knights and Blight who had the high marking 'skill' - not sure that was in Diesel's repertoire...

Nathan Buckley.

Given the data is from the last four weeks only, of which Pittonet has played ALL four games, and as a primary ruckman has attended significantly more centre clearances than Daicos, it does say something about Daicos' uniqueness.
Not sure why you expecting a Bagger to understand!

GOATcos in just his 3rd season is now the most impactful stoppage and clearance player in the game.

He already showed how good he is with ball in hand on the outside.

And he is has just ticked over 50 games and still putting size on his small frame.

Gaz Jnr was still a speculative small forward at this point of his career, it wasnt until his sixth season after had already played 100 games, when he had the size, power and endurance to be moved to midfield.

fudgey no one is suggesting that Daicos is anything except a very good player- the hyperbole you started with was funny at the beginning - but the carry on frenzy is now just banter. the references are to 5 games played ( huge sample space eh) Pittonet hasn't played 5 games even - and the list included the top 4 players - two of which were Carlton...

it is a rabbit hole of nothing you are going down.
So you've gone from 'Pittonet has only played half the games' to 'the data is from 5 games, and Pittonet hasn't even played 5 games', despite Pittonet having played the last 5 games (the data set from which the statistics have been referenced).

Greg Williams is the most skilful player I have ever seen. Second is not even close

It is close. What the hell are you talking about? Ablett Sr and Jr? Wayne Carey? Leigh Matthews? Shaun Burgoyne? Williams was perhaps the best handballer the game has ever seen, but he would not even play in today's game, he'd be running around the VFL picking up 50 touches, the AFL would be too fast for him.

It is close. What the hell are you talking about? Ablett Sr and Jr? Wayne Carey? Leigh Matthews? Shaun Burgoyne? Williams was perhaps the best handballer the game has ever seen, but he would not even play in today's game, he'd be running around the VFL picking up 50 touches, the AFL would be too fast for him.
And you know this because....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one said he ISNT a star ? Who said he wasn't I dare you to find where anyone said he wasn't a star.
Read the thread !! Is about being the GOAT which he isn't. Comprehension isn't your strength really is it ?
Comprehension ok.
Nobody is claiming he is the GOAT, how can he be, he has played just over 50 games (but what a 50 games) ;)
This thread is about can he get to the level where he can be the GOAT.

I say yes he can. So can Harley Reid and also a couple of the other young up and coming stars.

Long way to go obviously but he has the potential to do so, as he has excelled in each area of his development thus far.

If somebody put a thread stating Harley Reid- can he be the GOAT, I wouldn't deny the possibility, as he has obvious star factor qualities but again a long way to go in his career.

As for Nick, he is arguably the best user of the ball in the comp, now he gets CP's and kicks goals.

Tracking beautifully in my opinion.

So again, can Nick (in the future) be the GOAT?

My bloody oath he can.

Comprehension ok.
Nobody is claiming he is the GOAT, how can he be, he has played just over 50 games (but what a 50 games) ;)
This thread is about can he get to the level where he can be the GOAT.

I say yes he can. So can Harley Reid and also a couple of the other young up and coming stars.

Long way to go obviously but he has the potential to do so, as he has excelled in each area of his development thus far.

If somebody put a thread stating Harley Reid- can he be the GOAT, I wouldn't deny the possibility, as he has obvious star factor qualities but again a long way to go in his career.

As for Nick, he is arguably the best user of the ball in the comp, now he gets CP's and kicks goals.

Tracking beautifully in my opinion.

So again, can Nick (in the future) be the GOAT?

My bloody oath he can.
Can he be the GOAT ?
Yep.
Close thread

Not at all.

He's clearly a kid who wants to be the very best footballer he can be, and as his coach says about all his players 'he has no ceiling'...
Daicos historians will be grateful for threads like these, we're documenting history as it happens

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s 3 years into his career of course he isn’t the goat or even in that conversation yet, fadge just getting carried away.
I think Fly suggested he's a future club captain. Can easily see that happening.

(He'll still have that irritating private school accent though...)

Back