No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good grief, how dramatic. Why would the club turn off your auto-renewal when everyone else in here is complaining that it was done against their will?

You either:

a) got a new credit card and forgot to update it
b) cancelled it yourself and forgot; or
c) were never on it

It's unlikely the club makes a habit of taking people off auto-renewal without asking.
Welcome back Heath!

Still no snail mail renewal papers, but i did receive a text message this morning informing me i had to renew by tomorrow to retain my usual reserved seat, went down and paid it and let them know a 36 consecutive years member was not impressed with the service.

As a bit of a bonus on the way home, waiting at lights on the corner of Boundary Rd and Macauley Rd, there is a huge new green and white billboard for the new Kayo sports streaming service, and who is up there as the poster boy ? none other than our own Jy Simpkin :thumbsu:

Still no snail mail renewal papers, but i did receive a text message this morning informing me i had to renew by tomorrow to retain my usual reserved seat, went down and paid it and let them know a 36 consecutive years member was not impressed with the service.

As a bit of a bonus on the way home, waiting at lights on the corner of Boundary Rd and Macauley Rd, there is a huge new green and white billboard for the new Kayo sports streaming service, and who is up there as the poster boy ? none other than our own Jy Simpkin :thumbsu:
Is it like a nostalgia thing preferring to do the renewal by snail mail? Ritual of sorts?

Good grief, how dramatic. Why would the club turn off your auto-renewal when everyone else in here is complaining that it was done against their will?

You either:

a) got a new credit card and forgot to update it
b) cancelled it yourself and forgot; or
c) were never on it

It's unlikely the club makes a habit of taking people off auto-renewal without asking.
Been on it for 8 years or whatever it is now since I signed up. Got all the emails and text saying it was coming out. Card hasn't changed (Its 3 different cards across 5 people). At some point in between those emails and texts and the payment actually coming out it just got switched off.

Pretty sure the "debt reduction" campaign is just strategic now - ie. they are using it to ensure healthy revenue. Part of the reason why things like removing games and increasing costs are quite insulting. We're paying more, coughing up for "debt" that in reality they could have paid out if they chose and now losing more home games.
You're right, the Box On Campaign was originally supposed to fund the Club's debt reduction campaign and nothing else. Given the number of members who contribute $40 per membership signup/renewal I would have thought that it should be automatically reducing the debt by at least $250,000 per year. That is of course assuming that at least 6250 paying members are contributing to it each year.

Been on it for 8 years or whatever it is now since I signed up. Got all the emails and text saying it was coming out. Card hasn't changed (Its 3 different cards across 5 people). At some point in between those emails and texts and the payment actually coming out it just got switched off.
Today they decided that I no longer wish to be on a monthly payment plan and took out the full years worth of payment for 4 memberships, one of them not being ours and they still hadn't set up my kids membership which was meant to follow on from last year. So now I have to wait for a refund for the money they took from my account for my sisters membership.

Man I love having to call this club up every year because they have somehow ****ed my membership.

Today they decided that I no longer wish to be on a monthly payment plan and took out the full years worth of payment for 4 memberships, one of them not being ours and they still hadn't set up my kids membership which was meant to follow on from last year. So now I have to wait for a refund for the money they took from my account for my sisters membership.

Man I love having to call this club up every year because they have somehow ****** my membership.

It seems to me that this year the renewal of memberships has turned into a debacle. I refuse to sign up to auto renewal so wait for the version in the mail.

However about a fortnight or maybe longer ago, I got an email saying "we tried to renew your membership by auto renewal but were unsuccessful using the card details we have recorded".

Really?

I decided to ignore that email, assuming it was a mistake and expected to see the hard paper version turn up any day. Then earlier this week another email to say renew by today or you will lose your reserved seat.

So I rang today and discovered they did have a card recorded, which they must have used last year when I paid over the phone. I don't recall authorising them to change my details to that extent. The details they had was my old card, which I misplaced during the year and had to cancel and get a new one. And that was a nuisance at the time but I'm glad now, because otherwise they would have just taken the money and ran.

Which brings me to the point which is causing me some real discontent. We have reserved seats on the Southern Cross Station side of Marvellous or whatever its called and I'm absolutely certain that they cost me $195 this time last year. This year to my astonishment, they are costing $250 a seat. So this year we got 8 games for $195 or $24.38 per game, while next year we will get 7 games costing us $35.71 a game.

Am I missing something here (apart from the extra money I am paying)?

I took the opportunity to tell the very reasonable person on the other end of the phone that this is getting close to the tipping point for us. 1 less game and an increase of nearly 50% on the cost of each game. I think the club needs to tread carefully here. We also pay for 2 AFL memberships, which are a fair bit more expensive, but in the event we make a GF (which we will next year and win it) they almost guarantee a seat. It may be time to just rely on these.

It seems to me that this year the renewal of memberships has turned into a debacle. I refuse to sign up to auto renewal so wait for the version in the mail.

However about a fortnight or maybe longer ago, I got an email saying "we tried to renew your membership by auto renewal but were unsuccessful using the card details we have recorded".

Really?

I decided to ignore that email, assuming it was a mistake and expected to see the hard paper version turn up any day. Then earlier this week another email to say renew by today or you will lose your reserved seat.

So I rang today and discovered they did have a card recorded, which they must have used last year when I paid over the phone. I don't recall authorising them to change my details to that extent. The details they had was my old card, which I misplaced during the year and had to cancel and get a new one. And that was a nuisance at the time but I'm glad now, because otherwise they would have just taken the money and ran.

Which brings me to the point which is causing me some real discontent. We have reserved seats on the Southern Cross Station side of Marvellous or whatever its called and I'm absolutely certain that they cost me $195 this time last year. This year to my astonishment, they are costing $250 a seat. So this year we got 8 games for $195 or $24.38 per game, while next year we will get 7 games costing us $35.71 a game.

I took the opportunity to tell the very reasonable person on the other end of the phone that this is getting close to the tipping point for us. 1 less game and an increase of nearly 50% on the cost of each game. I think the club needs to tread carefully here. We also pay for 2 AFL memberships, which are a fair bit more expensive, but in the event we make a GF (which we will next year and win it) they almost guarantee a seat. It may be time to just rely on these.
Those are all good points and should be addressed. I wonder if the club has changed the renewal program or something. I would say though that these days $35 for a reserved seat to a premium sporting event is pretty reasonable.

Really?

No doubt Flunky Carls will sort this out. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those are all good points and should be addressed. I wonder if the club has changed the renewal program or something. I would say though that these days $35 for a reserved seat to a premium sporting event is pretty reasonable.

It may well be reasonable, but one less game for close to a 50% increase per game, is not all that smart in my opinion.

Why did it take me a couple of seconds to work out who.....hah

View attachment 591659

Send the word

giphy.gif

FWIW I agree re the % of the increase, just saying it’s still pretty good value to watch the boys run out in primo seats.

It's a bit of a mixed message from the club. On the one hand they're saying premium seating isn't that big a deal, here take a replacement game and that'll be basically as good. On the other hand a 50% increase implies a high quality product worth buying.

The question is - which is it? Are the seats worth the money or not? If they are - then why are we not encouraging more of them, higher uptake, charging more for 11 home games. If they aren't worth the money why are we charging so much for them...

Funny how all those anti Joyce posters disappear after seeing the latest membership numbers...

Well let's be fair here, his recruiting at the draft hasnt been flash and this years was father sons predominately so as Mr Wolf said "let's not suck ...... ."

Send the word

giphy.gif

Warriors was a great film to get s**t faced on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back