News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would still not choose either, to be fair it is funny this is still bought up, we have cleared our debt all while redeveloping Arden St, starting an AFLW team, starting a stand alone VFL, expanding Arden St with no pokies. In that time we have had less handouts from the AFL than WB, StK, and Melbourne. Not sure why we are seen as the drag on the comp. Does not really stand up to scrutiny
I think you're still seen as vulnerable because of your low supporter base, which if you take away Tassie members doesn't seem to be growing at all. You don't have the expanding western or south eastern suburbs to pull new supporters from.

Mate, you should stop while you think you're ahead.

I don't think he's aware that the RFC only exists today because of the Adelaide Crows licence fee saving them at the final bell.

It cannot be historically avoided that when confronted with extinction, Richmond supporters gave up. I'm not trolling, that's a fact.

No I wouldn't. Hence why if it was Richmond I'd take the play games out of Melbourne option.

I can only assume that you don't own an "I was there when we were s**t" T shirt, because the good blokes and die hards who I know, that have followed the club through 4 years of thick and 30 years of thin, would never have chosen that.

They would never engage in that shot with supporters from other clubs either. Why? Because they are heart & soul supporters of the game.

Basically, you're a franchise supporter attached to a traditional club. Did you pick Richmond because you like the colors? Did you only arrive in Australia in 2017?

I don't think he's aware that the RFC only exists today because of the Adelaide Crows licence fee saving them at the final bell.

It cannot be historically avoided that when confronted with extinction, Richmond supporters gave up.
This is the problem when I discuss this issue with North fans on Bigfooty. They take one look at the club I barrack for and immediately go the attack Richmond route.

I know you hate our club with a passion Snake, but I'm all also a passionate supporter of Tasmanian football, and I'm discussing this issue with my Tasmanian hat on. The fact that I go for Richmond is irrelevant to the discussion.

This is the problem when I discuss this issue with North fans on Bigfooty. They take one look at the club I barrack for and immediately go the attack Richmond route.

The whole idea of that is to convey an understanding to you of the absurdity of your premise.

If it seems ridiculous to you.....well guess what?

I know you hate our club with a passion Snake, but I'm all also a passionate supporter of Tasmanian football, and I'm discussing this issue with my Tasmanian hat on. The fact that I go for Richmond is irrelevant to the discussion.

Actually, I don't. I have no reason to hate Richmond and have regularly posted on their board over the years. I also have good Richmond supporting mates.

I mean, think about this, why would I hate a team who my club has kicked the s**t out of for basically my entire adult life?

I can only assume that you don't own an "I was there when we were sh*t" T shirt, because the good blokes and die hards who I know, that have followed the club through 4 years of thick and 30 years of thin, would never have chosen that.

They would never engage in that shot with supporters from other clubs either. Why? Because they are heart & soul supporters of the game.

Basically, you're a franchise supporter attached to a traditional club. Did you pick Richmond because you like the colors? Did you only arrive in Australia in 2017?
CBF09A92-09BA-4004-B5E8-91709CC86C04.gif

I think you're still seen as vulnerable because of your low supporter base, which if you take away Tassie members doesn't seem to be growing at all. You don't have the expanding western or south eastern suburbs to pull new supporters from.
Only if you look at the last few years when we have not been making finals. So sure we are not as big as the big Melbourne clubs, but when we were making prelims our membership numbers were bigger than StK, Melb and WB. Ow we still need to grow, and I am happy to look at ways to do that. But I will not entertain any merger or relocation. Especially when you look at off field achievements of the last 13 years. To highlight just how difficult some that has been is that your clib Richmond, inspite of the premierships and 100k members have done SFA in developing Punt road

Cool piss off and talk footy with ya tassie mates A43F99A8-9DB6-4672-91C0-9485D6862CCB.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if you look at the last few years when we have not been making finals.

Do you know what the North record v Richmond is between their 2017 grand final and the previous time they made a grand final in 1982?

It's 38-16 which included the biggest belting they ever received in their first 113 years in the VFA/VFL/AFL (141 points), we kicked 100+ points against this mob on 12 consecutive occasions between 1987-1993 and 7 consecutive occasions between 2010 - 2015, and they haven't beaten us in a final in 46 ****ing years!!!!

The whole idea of that is to convey an understanding to you of the absurdity of your premise.

If it seems ridiculous to you.....well guess what?

Actually, I don't. I have no reason to hate Richmond and have regularly posted on their board over the years. I also have good Richmond supporting mates.

I mean, think about this, why would I hate a team who my club has kicked the sh*t out of for basically my entire adult life?

That should get rid of him

Can I just clarify that I wasn't advocating that you merge, just asking the question of whether if forced into it you would prefer all home games in Hobart or a merger and all home games in Melbourne.

Its shame I didn't get a single sensible answer and a lot of you just chose to attack me rather than answer the question.

And for what's it's worth, if it were Richmond I would take the partial relocation, but I'm probably not the guy to ask because I live in Hobart.

And thank you for pointing out that my avatar is a leopard. I was very drunk on grand final day last year when I changed it, and hadn't really noticed it since :p
Lol

You came in here asking that question and are surprised by the result? (It's actually my honest preference. I really couldn't make that choice till you lot started dropping in a big pile of orifice bleeding, microwaved memberships.)

No wonder you can't tell a leopard from a tiger.

I was just trying to gauge whether retaining club identity is more important to North fans than being able to watch your team play.
Again, what kind of response are you expecting?
If the club sells out and strips it's 'identity', then it's not really the same club any more, is it?

I don't think you're trying to be a dick by any means, but I also don't think you've fully thought out your questions either.

I think you've got your leopard skin pillbox hat on actually.

Stop playing the "my intentions are pure" card, it's disingenuous (or mind-bogglingly ignorant).

The hypothetical you put to us is not inoffensive, concerned curiosity, you're asking us about which way we want our club killed.

Here's a hypothetical for you - if you had to shoot dead your mother or your father, which would you choose?

Can I just clarify that I wasn't advocating that you merge, just asking the question of whether if forced into it you would prefer all home games in Hobart or a merger and all home games in Melbourne.

Its shame I didn't get a single sensible answer and a lot of you just chose to attack me rather than answer the question.

And for what's it's worth, if it were Richmond I would take the partial relocation, but I'm probably not the guy to ask because I live in Hobart.

And thank you for pointing out that my avatar is a leopard. I was very drunk on grand final day last year when I changed it, and hadn't really noticed it since :p

The question would be fair from a fellow Roos supporter, sadly though, it has come from a position of arrogance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you know what the North record v Richmond is between their 2017 grand final and the previous time they made a grand final in 1982?

It's 38-16 which included the biggest belting they ever received in their first 113 years in the VFA/VFL/AFL (141 points), we kicked 100+ points against this mob on 12 consecutive occasions between 1987-1993 and 7 consecutive occasions between 2010 - 2015, and they haven't beaten us in a final in 46 ****ing years!!!!
Great stats Snake. No wonder the Toigs hates us. Just like the attitude of the other so called Big Clubs. 'How dare this club from Arden Street have success when we are the deserved natural winners.' It's just perfect when we stick it up their Ar...es.

Great stats Snake. No wonder the Toigs hates us. Just like the attitude of the other so called Big Clubs. 'How dare this club from Arden Street have success when we are the deserved natural winners.' It's just perfect when we stick it up their Ar...es.

Most of the Richmond folks I know are good grounded football people, it's just that the dick heads gravitate to bigfooty.

They would never talk sh1t like that about other clubs, or tolerate about their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back