News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

But.. a model that's sees Tassie only viable due to an influx of mainland visitors for games actually suits us?
I suppose if you like the current set up then yes. As you well know I don't like the idea of the NMFC playing any home games outside of Victoria. :stern look

Now listen up Turkeys at the Club. How about putting in more effort in having Melbourne Based Supporters attending Melbourne Based Games. The last time I checked Tasmanians on this forum were wanking on how without them and the Tasmanian Games we would be dead. So where are all these Tasmanians jumping over each other to go to these games?

I will not go to Tasmania to support this nonsense. If you need to make this Tasmanian Venture Viable by having Melbourne Based NMFC members going over to watch games then I suggest that it is time to pull the pin on this idiotic idea and play all our "Home" Games in Melbourne. :stern look

Can someone explain to me how to put a poster on "ignore" please?

I suppose if you like the current set up then yes. As you well know I don't like the idea of the NMFC playing any home games outside of Victoria. :stern look

I'm not a fan of having to prostitute ourselves either but if we do have to, I'd rather it's dependent on Melbourne rank and file support to sustain it (ie via tourism $) than building a groundswell of support in a viable heavily populated area that would force our hand.

Face it we've made a deal with the devil. The trick now is to go no further.

I'm not a fan of having to prostitute ourselves either but if we do have to, I'd rather it's dependent on Melbourne rank and file support to sustain it (ie via tourism $) than building a groundswell of support in a viable heavily populated area that would force our hand.

You're right. The idea of Melbourne based NMFC members making the Tassie Deal viable is the preferable option of a very ordinary list of options. The question though KC is do we have to prostitute ourselves moving forward? There are those at the club that see this as a Long Term Venture and that ain't right. Ideally I believe that almost all of us would like to see the NMFC play all 11 home games back in Melbourne. Now that should be the aim within the club. :stern look

You're right. The idea of Melbourne based NMFC members making the Tassie Deal viable is the preferable option of a very ordinary list of options. The question though KC is do we have to prostitute ourselves moving forward? There are those at the club that see this as a Long Term Venture and that ain't right. Ideally I believe that almost all of us would like to see the NMFC play all 11 home games back in Melbourne. Now that should be the aim within the club. :stern look

We probably both share the same answers here.

"Do we have to prostitute ourselves moving forward?" - No probably not. If the ship has been steadied then an all out attack on the growing Victorian population seems viable.

But..

"Now that should be the aim within the club" - I agree but all signs suggest a mentality of bending to accommodate city hall. Maybe through necessity, maybe through a compliant collective view.

We had to put on our own Live Aid to justify a crack at Good Friday, we cupped Gillion's balls over the stupid AFL X circus, we tacked a map and state name onto our AFLW venture just to get it through the door. There is no reason to see this approach changing so best get used to the Hobart phenomena and hope it stays with Hawthorn style parameters..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a question which not sure has been addressed before here, I had a quick search but couldn't see it.

Attending 1st game at Blundstone next year. Mate who organised tickets could only get them in the Hill stand, reserved seats in front of the designated dry area grassed - does that extend down to these seats? Cheers

I have theory, once the North and Hawthorn TAS deals are up the AFL will shut down GC and open a brand new TAS team in its place. Jeff K probably realised this hence why he went on a tirade recently. Thoughts?

I have theory, once the North and Hawthorn TAS deals are up the AFL will shut down GC and open a brand new TAS team in its place. Jeff K probably realised this hence why he went on a tirade recently. Thoughts?

Never thought about it but as long as we thrive sounds like a good deal all around.

That would leave no team on the Gold Coast, worth a look as a secondary market?

Just a question which not sure has been addressed before here, I had a quick search but couldn't see it.

Attending 1st game at Blundstone next year. Mate who organised tickets could only get them in the Hill stand, reserved seats in front of the designated dry area grassed - does that extend down to these seats? Cheers

Dry if memory serves, to get to that area from the southern stand bar you have to get past a multitude of security bloke who love nothing better than telling you to nick orf.

Dry if memory serves, to get to that area from the southern stand bar you have to get past a multitude of security bloke who love nothing better than telling you to nick orf.
Really? Surely they've been trained to help and assist in their customer service role!

At the end of the day, we have to bring more people through the gate for home games and it is going to be interesting to see what we are playing with in terms of the kind of crowd we generate with a s**t draw and while rebuilding, it gives you a good look at the sustainable base.

Last year we had the lowest average attendance since 2002, it didn't help that the Tasmanian games didn't draw that well, however, it is our ability to pull a crowd, or lack thereof, in Melbourne which is ultimately why we sell games.

We got 21,997 against the Eagles (Sun)
15,431 against Gold Coast (Sat Night)
21, 589 against Swans (Sun)
19,267 against Dockers (Sun)

We got 42,814 vs Dogs from our Good Fridy night game.
35,100 vs Richmond (Sat Night)
25,107 vs Saints (Fri Night)
33,394 vs Magpies (Sat Night)

We really need to get the games against interstate sides up to 30k for Eagles, Crows, Swans and 25k for the rest. Crowds against other Vic teams to 35k for Saints, Demons, Cats, Dogs and 45k for the rest.

It seems we need another sustainable 10k attendees across the board that will help us to achieve that kind of benchmark, it is a target we can achieve gradually, we have on average grown our membership base by about 2k each year but we have been a bit stagnant in relation to attendance growth.

I think a big part has to do with our brand of football, it has been over the last 5 or so years, hard to watch at the best of times. It isn't a brand that is going to naturally make a lot of supporters want to go to games, I think being competitive at all costs irrespective what calibre of football you play or how high you can achieve taking that route has cost the club. I am unsure if we are seeking to address that or are just looking to get competitive again as soon as possible.

Don't tempt him into another stupid tirade.

Stupid is a subjective term. i.e your post is stupid.

...and ignorant, and short sighted.

Not one poster has come up with anything to counter my 'tirade'. The best I've got is 'morally responsible'

btw. Morality is subjective too.

Let's combine these in a sentence

'your morality is f***ing stupid'

New Tassie record set

The response to North Melbourne’s first game at Blundstone Arena for 2018 has seen records tumble.

The clash against Carlton in Round 4 under lights has attracted unprecedented attention with more than 1500 tickets sold on the day tickets became available to the general public.

Corporate hospitality is close to being sold out already – some four and a half months ahead of the opening bounce.

The numbers have North on track to beat its previous attendance record, set in 2016 when the Roos took on the Tigers in Round 11.

Those wishing to attend the game – Carlton’s first in Hobart – are encouraged to get in quick to avoid missing out.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2017-11-29/new-tassie-record-set

The fact it will be Carlton's first game in Hobart should be the lesson in this. A whole new oppo group excited to venture down there would make all the diference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back