No more boomer bashing

Remove this Banner Ad

This bagging of boomer should cease now.
The blood , sweat and tears this guy has shed on the field for our great club.
The greatest highlights package that has ever been performed by one man.
Boomer has done us proud - on and off the field.

Did heaps for the club. One of my faves. Will forever be. Yeh he handled the axing crap. North handled it crap. Then heaps of supporters handled it crap. Then boomer handled it beautifully tonight. Bleeds blue and white. So no more... my heart just cant take it!
That's actuall a great way of putting it and yeah fair enough.

Thanks Boomer...

Is truly a champion of the club but l can honestly say l wont disappointed at no longer hearing "hear comes the Boom" every time he kicked a goal. Hearing it every time sounded like he became greater than the club and the other players....

Love Boomer and am so happy that he'll be forever seen in history as a 1 club player, but do you think that maybe the reason he isn't going to play on is because no other club is interested? I hate to put a sour spin on all this, but in the last couple of weeks I got the impression that Boomer was willing to continue if a half decent offer presented itself.

Or he wanted to wait til last night to announce his retirement to have some sort of a send off that he deserves! But who knows really. What we do know is that he was a true legend of our magnificent club!

Because he couldn't imagine not playing and needed time to think it through and be comfortable with retiring? Because every man and his dog had said all year that he could and should play on, and he has also been playing for much longer than anyone else ever has, so that took more time than some others would need?

Just watched some speeches from last night again and decided it's snobbishness to talk about the Harveys' "class". He and Shayne and their families might not be like my family and friends, but for Drew, for LT and his wife, for many others, they have been rock solid supports and generous friends. I'll take the word of longtime teammates about their quality over off the cuff outside impressions or what might be assumed from scuttlebutt in the media.

My sentiments exactly.

mam.png

Last edited:
There was no way the club had to handle this badly. It just goes to show how far off the pace NM are, on the field & off the field. Clubs do not treat 400 gamers like sh** , excepting for NM.

the problem was we as a club knew it would not stay quiet, look at Hawthorn and Mitchell no one talks, can you see Boomer not telling his old man and wife?

the problem was we as a club knew it would not stay quiet, look at Hawthorn and Mitchell no one talks, can you see Boomer not telling his old man and wife?

I just dont see why the club (or Scott, since he was the mouthpiece) could not have just said 'no news until after our finals series' despite how hard Boomer or the others were pushing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just dont see why the club (or Scott, since he was the mouthpiece) could not have just said 'no news until after our finals series' despite how hard Boomer or the others were pushing.

because he is a players coach and gave the players his word he would tell them when he found out, that was the problem, too friggen honest for his own good.

because he is a players coach and gave the players his word he would tell them when he found out, that was the problem, too friggen honest for his own good.

There are ways of avoiding the truth without necessarily being dishonest.

"Look Boomer et al, we're really focused on the finals right now (true). We need you to perform (true). If you can do that we give ourselves a chance (maybe true) and your situation will be clearer (true)"

"Look Boomer et al, we're really focused on the finals right now (true). We need you to perform (true). If you can do that we give ourselves a chance (maybe true) and your situation will be clearer (true)"

"Mate you're bullshitting me. That's just a snow job."

you and me both know this to be true, but I think we both also know that Brad has a very high morality around truthfulness.

"Call it what you want, but it's where we're at and it's the best I can give you right now."

If it were me I'd actually be happy with that. The fact that it was up in the air should have told Boomer something was up.

(Its still a something I'm really annoyed about too.)

Clubs do not treat 400 gamers like sh** , excepting for NM.

Determining how other clubs treat 400 gamers is using a sample size of a whopping 3 clubs. (And not sure one of those examples (Tucky) represents the best fit for your argument either.)

By my calculations, that leaves 14 other clubs that we collectively have zero idea of how they would handle such a situation.

Push the 'I'm pissed about Boomer's exit' line if you wish, but trying to sell it by claiming that other clubs do it better is kind of ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back