No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't think of a club with less hope than north melbourne. If we don't defeat them next week it means we played 10 goals below our best.

There's always the bright hope of tomorrow ... GWS play Carlton. One of them has to lose.
Yeah, but GWS will kill Carlton. What fun is that? I think I'd rather see Carlton beat GWS by one point.

I'm having the rest of my chicken kiev unlucky meal tomorrow. Maybe that might help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This the first game of the year Carlton haven't been competitive in all year. Last week's fade out to pies must of sapped any confidence they had.

They were flogged by North 2 weeks ago

Had a chuckle at the AFL clickbait website which described the MRP outcome as "carnage". Turns out four players have been offered 1-match bans. Whoopee. If they want to see carnage, wait until Jordon Sweet gets a game.

Also Daisy Thomas has been sent straight to the headmaster tribunal for saying "You're a f***ing cheat" to a boundary umpire. Daisy must be seriously losing it if he thinks a boundary umpire is going to cheat. Why would he need to cheat when Carlton are losing by 12 goals anyway?

My two Uber trips today were spent mostly talking footy. The driver to the city is married to a Bulldogs fan. She was there in 2016 and even told me that her parents were a part of the Whitten Oval, though that turf is long gone. The driver coming home was an Essendon supporter. I did not mention drugs. He even remembers going to Windy Hill with his father.

My doctor has approved me going to our match on Saturday if I'm feeling up to it and the weather is OK. Uber to Essendon station from home- train to Marvel - reverse on the way back. I'll be taking my walker so will get a disabled spot on the main level. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
My two Uber trips today were spent mostly talking footy. The driver to the city is married to a Bulldogs fan. She was there in 2016 and even told me that her parents were a part of the Whitten Oval, though that turf is long gone. The driver coming home was an Essendon supporter. I did not mention drugs. He even remembers going to Windy Hill with his father.

My doctor has approved me going to our match on Saturday if I'm feeling up to it and the weather is OK. Uber to Essendon station from home- train to Marvel - reverse on the way back. I'll be taking my walker so will get a disabled spot on the main level. Fingers crossed.
How do you go about getting the disabled spots? Can you reserve them or is it just a case of hoping for the best?

How do you go about getting the disabled spots? Can you reserve them or is it just a case of hoping for the best?
When I rang Ticketmaster prior to the Carlton game I was told I can just get a ticket on the day at the ground. I basically just need a spot to park my walker and sit on the seat on it. My season seat used to be on Level 1 Aisle 35 Row C, but I can't walk up and down stairs anymore and I have to use my walker at all times for safety reasons. I might just sit on my walker in the standing room area right behind that section. It used to be so easy to go to the footy. Now, not so much. ;)

When I rang Ticketmaster prior to the Carlton game I was told I can just get a ticket on the day at the ground. I basically just need a spot to park my walker and sit on the seat on it. My season seat used to be on Level 1 Aisle 35 Row C, but I can't walk up and down stairs anymore and I have to use my walker at all times for safety reasons. I might just sit on my walker in the standing room area right behind that section. It used to be so easy to go to the footy. Now, not so much. ;)

Won’t they let you get the elevator to level two and sit on the designated disabled areas? Not saying you are disabled by the way

They are in great places to watch the game.

Won’t they let you get the elevator to level two and sit on the designated disabled areas? Not saying you are disabled by the way

They are in great places to watch the game.
I'll have to find out. I don't even know where the disabled spots are at Marvel. When I went to the Prelim at the MCG last year (Haw. vs Rich.), when my brother visited, a supervisor changed our seats to the disabled area behind the goals on Level 1 because I could not walk up to my MM row seat on Level 4. At that time I was just using a cane. Now I have to use my walker(rollator)at all times and need to use a disabled toilet for safety.

I'll have to find out. I don't even know where the disabled spots are at Marvel. When I went to the Prelim at the MCG last year (Haw. vs Rich.), when my brother visited, a supervisor changed our seats to the disabled area behind the goals on Level 1 because I could not walk up to my MM row seat on Level 4. At that time I was just using a cane. Now I have to use my walker(rollator)at all times and need to use a disabled toilet for safety.

There is defiantly at least two designated disabled areas on level two.

Both roughly on the 50 mt lines to the right of each goal.

There is an elevator directly behind the entrance to both areas.

There is defiantly at least two designated disabled areas on level two.

Both roughly on the 50 mt lines to the right of each goal.

There is an elevator directly behind the entrance to both areas.
Thanks for that. I've only been on Level 2 once and that was about eight years ago for the President's Luncheon. I think I've only been on Level 3 once also, in 2002, on my first visit back. I sat with a group of BF Doggie posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back