MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, certainly a fine. But the AFL will bend the rules so he doesn't miss a granny for that. And rightly so. Sometimes corruption is ok.

If they did do that then just scrap the whole 'three strikes' rule altogether.

What's interesting about the whole Cotchin thing is its impossible to see how the AFL come out of this looking good. Given his two strikes already - it definitely should be worth a third fine at the least, so a week off seems inevitable - if based on sanctions handed down at any other point of the year.

If the AFL find a way around it, it will be very conspicuous that they were reaching for a way around their own rules. If they suspend him, a good portion of crazies will lose it altogether.

Most diverting!

I hope he gets suspended. They challenge it, the suspension is upholded and they appeal.

It would make for a great sideshow during the week and I reckon we'll get some absolute gold from talkback.

Im in disbelieve the attitude my Richmond mates have right now, in regards to making the big dance.
One girl said "F Yeah were in the granny, wake me up if im dreeming blah blah blah". To which i replied with "Save the celebrating for 1 more week".
She an her mother then tell me they dont care if they win or lose, the happy they just got there. Dont care what the result is please. The aim is to win the damn thing. Getting there an being pleased regardless of the outcome didnt make sense to me.

Epitomized by that sniveling little girl Jack Riewoldt post game, If he's crying getting into the GF, i sincerely hope he crys when Adeliade take the cup over the border.

Rant over

I think Shiel was responsible for his own demise, that's why I don't support Cotchin's suspension. The way he entered that contest was unbelievably poor. It's equivalent to crossing a busy street in Bangalore without looking and then being surprised when an Indian bumps into you. Did nothing to protect himself. When a rule is poorly conceived and poorly implemented generally, I don't think it's a travesty of justice to bend it for a grand final. For me, all the arguments about how it would have been a suspension or a fine in the H&A season really mean nothing because there are plenty of examples of such incidents getting nothing - like Zak Jones. So if the system is inherently unpredictable and inconsistent, I'm happy for that to continue because I don't think Cotchin deserves to miss the grand final and because I think if he does, it'll be a very crap match. Richmond needs him to have any chance of making it a contest against the Crows.

I think Shiel was responsible for his own demise, that's why I don't support Cotchin's suspension. The way he entered that contest was unbelievably poor. It's equivalent to crossing a busy street in Bangalore without looking and then being surprised when an Indian bumps into you. Did nothing to protect himself. When a rule is poorly conceived and poorly implemented generally, I don't think it's a travesty of justice to bend it for a grand final. For me, all the arguments about how it would have been a suspension or a fine in the H&A season really mean nothing because there are plenty of examples of such incidents getting nothing - like Zak Jones. So if the system is inherently unpredictable and inconsistent, I'm happy for that to continue because I don't think Cotchin deserves to miss the grand final and because I think if he does, it'll be a very crap match. Richmond needs him to have any chance of making it a contest against the Crows.

You know me, I'm a stickler for processes being good. Upholding the only precedent and rubbing him out is the only way the process gets any better.

Plus the melts would just be too funny.

I'm glad he wasn't suspended as you want the best players playing in the GF, but you can't blame Shiel for that. That is modern footy in a nutshell - put your head over the ball, draw high contact and win free kicks. Players are less likely to protect themselves now because the onus is on the tackler not to hit them high.

Not sure the lack of competence of the MRP is a great defence, either. "They let things go and get things wrong all the time, but this time I applaud their inconsistency"... Given consistency is absolutely necessary for this process, you really can't dismiss the double standard leading up to a GF as a good thing.

Not sure the lack of competence of the MRP is a great defence, either. "They let things go and get things wrong all the time, but this time I applaud their inconsistency"... Given consistency is absolutely necessary for this process, you really can't dismiss the double standard leading up to a GF as a good thing.
I can't, and yet I am! ;)

I know it's internally inconsistent, but I'm making an exception just because I can imagine how awful it would be for Cotchin to miss the GF. When it comes to the general season and the inconsistencies, no, I'm not happy about that. But until they get their ship in order, I wouldn't want to take a GF off a bloke who's worked his whole career for it. And I didn't think he was really at fault anyway.

I'm making an exception just because I can imagine how awful it would be for Cotchin to miss the GF.

Come on, imagine how wild his missus would get and how mental a Twitter / Instagram rant she'd go on.

Daniel Rioli goal of the year??? WTF??? Biggest joke of the year. How it made the top 3 is beyond me let alone winning it. Buddy and Eddie goals were a thousand times better. Even Clarrys goal against the Crows was much better. Rediculous decision. Must be a fan vote, it's the only way it could have happened. Needs to change..

Daniel Rioli goal of the year??? WTF??? Biggest joke of the year. How it made the top 3 is beyond me let alone winning it. Buddy and Eddie goals were a thousand times better. Even Clarrys goal against the Crows was much better. Rediculous decision. Must be a fan vote, it's the only way it could have happened. Needs to change..
Keep in mind fans vote for the mark and goals of the year. I'd assume Richmond fans just spammed it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how the **** did Howe not win mark of the year? the look on his face when joe was announced was priceless however!

Haha its funny because he's a knob but the Queens birthday one might have been the best since Moorcroft crazy it didn't win.

Haha its funny because he's a knob but the Queens birthday one might have been the best since Moorcroft crazy it didn't win.
I have no idea how Grundy was even in contention, there was better marks than that.

Also, the melts if Dangerfield finnishes on top at the end of the night. I've never wanted something so much. Geelong fans will lose it completely! And no doubt Paddy will be hiding back how salty he is

This whole program is cringeworthy. Needs an overhaul. Mark and goal of the year were a joke. Too many ads. Too many gambling bits. Bruce has just turned into a creepy old man. Bontempelli is now the love child of the umpires. 19 votes and I thought he was just ok this year. Probably shows how bad his teammates were. And the whole event just stinks of 'trying' to be politically correct. And haven't the Dees been stitched with the votes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back