MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's Dane Swan's purpose nowadays? Professional bogan?

We get it mate - you're a loose unit, how much longer you gonna ride that gravy train?
He's gonna milk it like Jacko or Capper because he hasn't got any other skills

Just came to the realisation that Richmond have two brownlow medalists playing for them now

Indeed - meanwhile, we look at at the litany of the high draft picks we had in the same period - none of them even close to being Brownlow medallists. Only one who possibly would be pissed off to GWS.

I believe good professional clubs win flags, not high draft picks. Look at Adelaide. But Richmond would not be in a GF without Martin and Cotchin. So many missed opportunities in the last decade.

Bont in 4th place! Hhahahahahaha what a ******* joke.

Not even close to the 4th best player in the AFL this year.
100%.
The blokes who just poll because of who they are is disgusting. The voting has become a bit of a joke.
Pendles gifted votes this year too

100%.
The blokes who just poll because of who they are is disgusting. The voting has become a bit of a joke.
Pendles gifted votes this year too
AFLCA voting is so much better, they got the brownlow winner right at the end of the day, but there were quite a few undeserving of their votes

I don't blame the umpires of course, they're too busy trying to interpret the 16,000 AFL rules with multiple grey areas to know who the influential players are most of the time, so media darlings continue to poll well.

Indeed - meanwhile, we look at at the litany of the high draft picks we had in the same period - none of them even close to being Brownlow medallists. Only one who possibly would be pissed off to GWS.

I believe good professional clubs win flags, not high draft picks. Look at Adelaide. But Richmond would not be in a GF without Martin and Cotchin. So many missed opportunities in the last decade.

Just think. While Cotchin Martin Rance and Riewoldt are taking the Tigers to a flag. Scully Trenners Morton and Frawley are no longer with the club and Watts is barely a top 100 player in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLCA voting is so much better, they got the brownlow winner right at the end of the day, but there were quite a few undeserving of their votes

I don't blame the umpires of course, they're too busy trying to interpret the 16,000 AFL rules with multiple grey areas to know who the influential players are most of the time, so media darlings continue to poll well.
It's always going to happen unfortunately, because as you say, the last thing on an umpires mind during the game is who to give votes to, particularly in tight games with plenty happening.

I had a laugh at Geelong fans blowing up because Danger didnt get votes in a game he had 32 disposals and 12 clearance etc etc, when the umpires aren't allowed to look at the stats before they give the votes out.

I find it strange Collingwood polled Brownlow votes in 21 games out of 22, most in the league tied with GWS. Not bad for a team not playing finals. Adelaide for example polled in 18 games.

To start the season with a 14 point loss to the dogs, they recieced 4 votes to 2

Round 2, 19 point loss to Richmond, again receiving more votes 4 to 2

Round 3 they get a win, by 1 point but received all 6 votes.

Anzac Day 18 point loss but Treloar gets best on, votes split 3-3

Queens birthday, loss to the Dees. Sidebottom 3, Petracca 2, Grundy 1. 4-2

Must just have players that standout

I find it strange Collingwood polled Brownlow votes in 21 games out of 22, most in the league tied with GWS. Not bad for a team not playing finals. Adelaide for example polled in 18 games.

To start the season with a 14 point loss to the dogs, they recieced 4 votes to 2

In fairness, they did manage to keep their margins to a minimum for most of the year ... however, we were similar, and while they had multiple players polling in loses, we had games we won where only one player polled, and close games we lost where no one did. It was really odd, perhaps next year will be a year of realisation for the whole team, not just Clarry.

I don't find it strange at all, this is just over glorified umpires votes from what 'they' noticed
Yep, and I'll go one step further and say that if an umpire is doing his job - that is, judging hundreds of events per game in a detached and impartial way, he should have no way of assessing the best player on the ground. His job is to be indifferent to who's playing well or not, and just judge the infringement/non-infringement. As the game has got faster and faster, and the number of rules has expanded, the idea that umpires should be able to judge the impact of each player is absurd. They need to make a change and take umpires out of it - or get a panel of umps to watch all the games later on replay. But don't get umpires to vote straight after a match. This medal means less and less each year.

Yeah I seem to remember Treloar getting (I think) 3 BOG's in losing games.
Now I know it's possible to get the 3 in a losing side but to do it 3 or more times in a season and when you kick it like a mule is what I find strange.

Yeah I seem to remember Treloar getting (I think) 3 BOG's in losing games.
Now I know it's possible to get the 3 in a losing side but to do it 3 or more times in a season and when you kick it like a mule is what I find strange.
Must be their #1 ranked midfield.

Richmond from 13th to Grand Finalists. Not a bad effort.

Reckon the Dees will top it next year though and go the whole way. Oliver for the Brownlow, T Mac the Coleman, and our first pick for the Rising Star isn't out of the picture either.

Remember everyone, you heard it here first.

Well s**t. Too bad we couldn't get Hodge for 2 years and give them Lewis instead. Even a broken busted Hodge would have got us into the finals next year no doubt.
I'd still take him next year with the view moving to the coaching staff the year after in a heartbeat!

I'd be disappointed if we haven't teed up Lewis to give his mate a call to sound him out.

I'd still take him next year with the view moving to the coaching staff the year after in a heartbeat!

I'd be disappointed if we haven't teed up Lewis to give his mate a call to sound him out.

Reckon Fagan has had this in motion for a while now as well as mark Evans. Might even get a little here ya go from the AFL as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back