MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd thinks we need to be careful to become a soft society. I think that ship has sailed.

You gotta tip toe around the softy's or they'll become outraged that they are being called soft

I don’t really care either way if people want to boo or not boo, but the mental gymnastics going on about this are ridiculous.

Collingwood’s statement says you should never boo a champion of the game. So by that statement there’s no issues booing Horne-Francis or Daicos, until they win a Brownlow or Norm Smith and then you have to stop it?

Pretty odd moral standard if some other young kid who is never gonna be a star can get booed but a 15 year old veteran who’s lived in the public spotlight for all that time apparently can’t cope, according to the media.

I love Thursday night games. I also like the concept of Friday double headers, especially when it could be an average game so you can watch for a bit and turn it off if its a blowout.

WC v GC might be OK, but more potential for an average game that would waste a Thursday or Friday primetime spot.

2d53e0063b935ff0d14cdb2bf50f2cb7.jpg

Port not doing themselves any favours with this. They just had to find a way to laugh along, like Lobb did with that Lobster beer earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t really care either way if people want to boo or not boo, but the mental gymnastics going on about this are ridiculous.

Collingwood’s statement says you should never boo a champion of the game. So by that statement there’s no issues booing Horne-Francis or Daicos, until they win a Brownlow or Norm Smith and then you have to stop it?

Pretty odd moral standard if some other young kid who is never gonna be a star can get booed but a 15 year old veteran who’s lived in the public spotlight for all that time apparently can’t cope, according to the media.

Collingwood's statement makes absolutely no sense and it illustrates the underlying problem with the booing saga (and most other contentious issues of public life) - where we're pretty much incapable of having a sensible, nuanced discussion about it.

The booing directed at Adam Goodes, for some people (not all) had racist undertone to it. It wasn't helpful though when you had people like Chris Scott say that everyone booing Adam Goodes was a racist. Many people rarely understand what motivates their own actions - when it came to Goodes and booing, there was probably a broad spectrum from overt racists all the way to people just succumbing to herd mentality of the crowd - but I digress.

With the booing of Franklin, who actually knows why Collingwood fans booed him - again it's likely a spectrum of racists, idiots, people that just don't like champion players for other teams, the herd. But from the AFL's perspective, it thinks it has to take a no tolerance approach now after what happened with Goodes and the reality that, at least some of the people booing are racist.

But to say you can't boo or express dislike of champions is ridiculous. Most champion players I've seen, particularly when playing on a interstate opposition ground have been booed, mostly as Lloyd said, to put them off their game. Then there's champion players that were involved in dog acts - like Michael Long knocking out Simmonds in the GF - its less likely to have such incidents nowadays, but are we seriously saying that we couldn't boo Long for a similar (even more less serious) incident - because he's a champion indigenous player?

Overall, I don't particularly like booing but this selective censorship is absurd.

We should go hard at the prospect of picking up zac Butters when his contract finishes at Port.
He's a Ballarat product, I'm sure he love to come back to melbounre
I doubt we have the cap space, unfortunately. Even Melk and Hibberd would be on low cash at the moment. We may have a little more when Brown and TMac go at the end of next year.

Port not doing themselves any favours with this. They just had to find a way to laugh along, like Lobb did with that Lobster beer earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is the brewing company paying JHF ? After all they are using his likeness to make money ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re not getting Zak Butters and that is a very very good thing.

There are so many players on Port’s list I rate extremely high, I think the coach is the problem. He looked awesome when he had all the best assistant coaches available at the time, they all got poached and he still has a job because of it.

Port can do better.

What's wrong with Butters?
I know that everybody loves Butters but I have an ITK caravan level of gossip insight that would metaphorically knock some posters’ teeth out. This includes explosive revelations about a bizarre personal life which gives some insight as to why he hasn’t quite hit the heights forecast earlier in his career and in my opinion will end up being a Chad Wingard level waste of talent.

I know that everybody loves Butters but I have an ITK caravan level of gossip insight that would metaphorically knock some posters’ teeth out. This includes explosive revelations about a bizarre personal life which gives some insight as to why he hasn’t quite hit the heights forecast earlier in his career and in my opinion will end up being a Chad Wingard level waste of talent.
Wowee! ITK caravan level of gossip! Can't beat that

Wowee! ITK caravan level of gossip! Can't beat that
Shaun The Sheep Winner GIF by Aardman Animations

Butters has a long history of strange behaviour and not all of it is his fault. One time, he accidentally let it slip to his Mum that his Dad was doing amyl nitrate and getting rub and tugs in gay spas. His Mum flipped out and attempted a murder suicide which thankfully failed…
butters stotch door GIF by South Park

He also fell in love with a waitress at a Hooter’s type set up…
sitting eric cartman GIF by South Park

He also wore tin foil hats and had megalomaniac tendencies…
south park butters GIF

His eyesight is also poor from a childhood ninja star injury
professor chaos eye GIF by South Park

He also has been a victim of willy mouthing by a childhood friend…
eric cartman kyle GIF by South Park

I’d be willing to overlook all of this but he went to school in Maribyrnong and not bayside so it’s just never going to work…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back