Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great start by the Lions but we are 10 minutes into the game...

North were 20 points up by this point yesterday and we still won.
Because North and Brisbane are so comparable.

I just have some concerns with teams that race off to big margins this early in the game. Of course you want to start well (especially when on the road) but it leaves the home team plenty of time to make it up (if they're good enough!) ...

42 point lead early in the 1st Quarter or early in the last?

I'd love Brisbane to win (my tips not so much) and they have all the momentum now, but there might be some twists and turns to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't understand how the Bulldogs are so bad with the list they have? I mean all the fundamentals are there with a midfield core of Dunkley, Bont, Hunter, Macrae and Smith as inside mids with Lipinski, McLean and Richards as outside ones, a spine with players like Young (very good future IMO), Schache, Naughton and English and then guys like Sam Lloyd and Matt Suckling as experienced heads. Need a young key defender and a couple of small forwards still but sheesh they should be better than this.

I've held this view but you have to ask questions of the man.

I'm thinking less of him in light of the way things look to have turned around. It's ultimately up to him to get the players into a space in which they could perform and he couldn't do it.

We'll never really know whether he laid the ground work for what was always going to happen in the second half of 2019 (assuming they continue to have strong results).

Don’t get me wrong, he’s no genius, in fact I suspect his go might be more as a opposition analysis coach or some other support role. But if the powers that be just decided that he was the man and they were going to back him in no matter what the list would have naturally progressed and improvement would have come.

I still don't understand how the Bulldogs are so bad with the list they have? I mean all the fundamentals are there with a midfield core of Dunkley, Bont, Hunter, Macrae and Smith as inside mids with Lipinski, McLean and Richards as outside ones, a spine with players like Young (very good future IMO), Schache, Naughton and English and then guys like Sam Lloyd and Matt Suckling as experienced heads. Need a young key defender and a couple of small forwards still but sheesh they should be better than this.

It's like they can only play meat head footy.

Even though they have the class they cant score freely.

It's like they can only play meat head footy.

Even though they have the class they cant score freely.
Is it a coaching issue? A player issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back