Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet our list smashed them.

I think they are just better coached imo.

That was in April.

A lot changes very quickly for sides like Brisbane.

They were also playing a style of footy that suited us and resulted in a game of circle work, in which we are basically unbeatable.

They've clearly improved a lot in the last 4-6 weeks or consolidated so that they are getting the most out of their list.

I think our list is probably a bit more rounded and might ultimately be better but we've got at least 4 key injuries and a few more players who are still finding their feet. I think part of our list (e.g. Laverde, Langford, Ridley, Francis, Begley, Parish, McGrath, Clarke) is really more where the equivalent part of their list was this time last year - we wasted a lot of opportunities to get game time into the likes of Laverde, Ridley, Francis and Langford in the last 2 seasons.

We're a much better side than the 1 that played Brisbane but they've probably improved even more.

You've got the same thing to look forward to with Carlton in the next 12-18 months.

Our talent should hold us in good stead. As long as we're okay off field.

I'm not saying that we don't have quality. I'm disputing that we have a "far superior" list to them. Brisbane's list is full of quality.

Maybe. But doesn't that mean they have better depth, ergo a better list?

Lions have had 13 blokes play every game.

They are seriously impressive but they’re also having a bit of a charmed run with injuries and a good draw, that depth has basically not been tested

How many have we had play each game? Actually, it would be interesting seeing the stat across the competition!
I actually have that data somewhere, been meaning to post it up on the DT&FA but haven't got there yet

edit: the section you want is this:

Number of players to have played 16 games in 2019 by team:
Adelaide 11
Brisbane 10
Carlton 5
Collingwood 9
Essendon 5
Fremantle 11
Geelong 6
Gold Coast 6
GWS 7
Hawthorn 7
Melbourne 8
North Melbourne 9
Port Adelaide 3
Richmond 2
St Kilda 8
Sydney 10
West Coast Eagles 3
Western Bulldogs 7

So four in a row against the pissant minnows people LITERALLY turn down a million dollars to avoid being associated with.

We’re ******* them so hard and frequent it’s now like tossing a hot dog down a hallway.

Nice Nat in trouble again injury wise, sounds like could be done for year yet again.

Isn't it just soreness in his ankle from the collision or has something else come out?

* he tries so hard to create a narrative that's not there, like the Crows coaches laughing, such a tosser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ratten confirmed as Interim.

That'll have Saints winning their next few if we go off what else has happened to interim coaches this year.

Ratten confirmed as Interim.

That'll have Saints winning their next few if we go off what else has happened to interim coaches this year.

Saints knocking off dogs, crows and Freo would be a nice bonus

What was he like as an opposition analyst? :think:

You mean previously? He has been Assistant Coach (Bulldogs, Essendon & Carlton), Development Manager (Collingwood) and Senior Assistant Coach/Director of Coaching (Power).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back