Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do enjoy how offended those pissant minnows are.

The thinly veiled happiness at the Hurley injury, the raging at non existent umpiring issues.

All to try and alleviate the very simple fact that their list is absolute s**t.

Their ruck division was dominated by Zac Clarke FFS, and the midfielder they desperately want to convince people is elite was bitched up by a bloke who hasn’t played ten games.

Rubbish club, choke on it you permanent rejects.

I really do enjoy how offended those pissant minnows are.

The thinly veiled happiness at the Hurley injury, the raging at non existent umpiring issues.

All to try and alleviate the very simple fact that their list is absolute s**t.

Their ruck division was dominated by Zac Clarke FFS, and the midfielder they desperately want to convince people is elite was bitched up by a bloke who hasn’t played ten games.

Rubbish club, choke on it you permanent rejects.
Not enough likes can be given to this post.
Some of your best work Jade.
LOL Norf.

Swans and Saints games.
We don't balls them up - we're equal with the top 4.
I'm not sure what's hurt us more, the fact we've lost games that we should have won or the fact we haven't won any games that we should have lost.

For example, Brisbane have put up two great wins on the road against top 8 teams in the last two weeks and stole a win against the Eagles at home. That's a big reason why they're sitting top 4 and we're not; aside from GWS at home (which most of us probably expected to win) we haven't taken a big scalp this year.

I'm not sure what's hurt us more, the fact we've lost games that we should have won or the fact we haven't won any games that we should have lost.

For example, Brisbane have put up two great wins on the road against top 8 teams in the last two weeks and stole a win against the Eagles at home. That's a big reason why they're sitting top 4 and we're not; aside from GWS at home (which most of us probably expected to win) we haven't taken a big scalp this year.
Stole a win against WCE? Lions flogged them.

We beat Brisbane. I wouldn't say that's insignificant.

Brisbane only won 5 games last season and it's unacceptable that they are better than us we have a far superior list compared to them
You seriously underrate Brisbane's quality. Their midfield has Zorko, Neale, Lyons, Clug and Berry as quality inside midfielders and guys like Christenson and Witherden on the outside. You add in Key Position talent like Stef Martin, Eric Hipwood and Harris Andrews and the quality is there for all to see, not to mention small forwards like Charlie Cameron, Lincoln McCarthy and Cameron Rayner. Their list on talent is top 4 in the AFL.

You seriously underrate Brisbane's quality. Their midfield has Zorko, Neale, Lyons, Clug and Berry as quality inside midfielders and guys like Christenson and Witherden on the outside. You add in Key Position talent like Stef Martin, Eric Hipwood and Harris Andrews and the quality is there for all to see, not to mention small forwards like Charlie Cameron, Lincoln McCarthy and Cameron Rayner. Their list on talent is top 4 in the AFL.

Midfield of Shiel,Merret,Heppel,Smith,Parish,McGrath

Forward line of Joe,Fantasia,Stringer,Tippa

Two AA key defenders in Hurley and Hooker and your saying it's not qaulity? the list has underachieved imo

I know we are going ok right now but with a list like that we should be sitting top 4 comfortably

Last edited:
I reckon our best 22 is equitable. They just don't get on the park at the same time.

Midfield of Shiel,Merret,Heppel,Smith,Parish,McGrath

Forward line of Joe,Fantasia,Stringer,Tippa

Two AA key defenders in Hurley and Hooker and your saying it's not qaulity? the list has underachieved imo

I know we are going ok right now but with a list like that we should be sitting top 4 comfortably
I'm not saying that we don't have quality. I'm disputing that we have a "far superior" list to them. Brisbane's list is full of quality.
I reckon our best 22 is equitable. They just don't get on the park at the same time.
Maybe. But doesn't that mean they have better depth, ergo a better list?

We beat Brisbane. I wouldn't say that's insignificant.
Notwithstanding that their last two weeks have been seriously impressive, Brisbane are massively overachieving with an easy draw, which makes them look further up the pecking order than they actually are. Do we seriously see them as flag contenders this year, on par with the Eagles, Cats, Tigers, Pies etc? I don't.

Notwithstanding that their last two weeks have been seriously impressive, Brisbane are massively overachieving with an easy draw, which makes them look further up the pecking order than they actually are. Do we seriously see them as flag contenders this year, on par with the Eagles, Cats, Tigers, Pies etc? I don't.
I do, but they're also my second team so I'm probably biased. They believe they can beat any of those on their day and so do I.

I'm not saying that we don't have quality. I'm disputing that we have a "far superior" list to them. Brisbane's list is full of quality.

Maybe. But doesn't that mean they have better depth, ergo a better list?
Not sure about the quality of their list. We've beaten what was a top 4 side, as well as a resurgent Sydney and North with a lot of significant players missing. Brisbane are going into the back end of the season with only Cutler and Hipwood missing. I have no doubt our best 22 can match theirs. Under the circumstances - top of the VFL and seconds players getting AFL exposure - maybe our list bats deeper.

SOOOONS OF THE SCRAAAAY

It's their original song, back when they used their real name.

They need to work that bulldog into their insignia. That dog is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back