Toast Nonna's Joint. Vicariously living Tom Liberatore's Grand Tour of the known Universe and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a concussion in 2019 im pretty sure. And potentially had three more in a 10 game span from late 2023, to early 2024. That is just the ones I know of, yet alone we know of. Given we know Libba is likely the type to hide niggles and concussions from Doctors to battle on old school style.

An indefinite break is the right move by the club. Too many in such a short span of time is not a good sign. Hopefully he does not become prone to them and is able to see out a couple of more seasons with us.

He's done it all, even if he didn't get the AA recognition he deserved. A flag, a B&F, 200 games.

Gave his all for the club. Literally.

It's time to look after his future. Nobody will think any less of him if he hangs the boots up now.
It's over unfortunately.

The decision makes itself and Libba has always appeared to be an extremely pragmatic person who has a lot going on outside football and in that battered head of his.

Onto the next challenges in his life with nothing but eternal gratitude from every Doggies supporter for everything that he has given and done for this club and team in its many guises over the Grand Tour.

And collect one last concussion as a send off 🙄
Instruct him not to go anywhere near a contest. Make space and wait for the chip kicks.

Instruct Timmy and Astro to make sure they don't accidentally drop him as they chair him off the ground. (Tell them it would be added to their clanger count)

Why wasn't more made of Conor Nash's kick to Libba's head?

That is clearly not a natural motion with his left foot. I don't think he meant to kick Libba in the head, but he definitely meant to kick him out of frustration.

Why wasn't more made of Conor Nash's kick to Libba's head?

That is clearly not a natural motion with his left foot. I don't think he meant to kick Libba in the head, but he definitely meant to kick him out of frustration.

Agreed. Nash has form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our club seems to never kick up a fuss, I don’t mean like whiney Swans, but rightly pointing out that it was a sizeable kick in the head from Nash enough that it has caused concussion.

What if this causes Libba to retire?

Kicking in danger is one of those rules that has gone the way of the dodo in favour of the umps' rules of the week. Baffling really. First Jones's arm, now Libba's head.

kicking in danger is in relation to trying to kick the ball when someone is reaching for it.

no ball in that - that was just a straight up kick to the face

Remove this Banner Ad

Back