North informally change home jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a fait accompli now it seems.

Expect 2017 onwards-

Bold Blue and Blue shorts vs Adelaide, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Port, Richmond, St.Kilda, West Coast and Bulldogs at Home.

Royal Blue and Blue shorts vs Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney at Home.

Royal Blue and White shorts for away games.

Is this legit tazza ?

Excellent news if so. :thumbsu:

I don't think of this as necessarily changing our home jumper.

I think of this as wearing the predominantly blue jumper when we have to in order to prevent other clubs running out in their home strip against us in white shorts in our freaking home games.

440771-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

So going by that pic, basically business as usual but this time with extra sky falling :)

I like the mainly blue jumper so I'm not too fussed. I am fussed about looking like the home team at home games - ie blue shorts. But I don't know if it's too hard and doesn't changing the whole jumpers.

The traditional jumper with blue shorts at home clashes with no one except Geelong and Collingwood. So wear the mainly blue jumper with blue shorts for these games, Geelong wouldn't have to change at all, Collingwood could wear their mainly white clash jumper with white shorts.
The traditional jumper with white shorts for away games - we're the away team so we conform to whatever the home team wants to wear.

The AFL say they want a 'light' team and a 'dark' team...but only sometimes. Essendon and Carlton are both 'dark' but never where away strips in their games. Likewise Carlton and Collingwood. Jeez, even our 'dark' strip was worn against the 'dark' Port and Carlton jumpers this year.

I just want them all to go out with a week or twos growth after having their heads shaved and looking like a mean bunch of hombres. Intimidate the opposition before the ball is even bounced.

(The logistics of such a look, week in week out, may be tricky though.)

Love the pictures of what it will be :D:thumbsu:. The only issue I've ever had with the jumper and colors has been the white shorts white jumper. They should never ever ever be worn for home games. Full stop. Ever. :mad::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think is a scoop or news in any way am i right tazaa
Rather comment on the reality that we never wear our home kit for home games.
Its not the best option but its by far better than the previous few years of wearing away strips for home games which was utter bullshit.
If the club continues this path, in the event of the other option not being possible due to AFL policy, then I'm all for it :thumbsu:

I dont think is a scoop or news in any way am i right tazaa
Rather comment on the reality that we never wear our home kit for home games.
Its not the best option but its by far better than the previous few years of wearing away strips for home games which was utter bullshit.
If the club continues this path, in the event of the other option not being possible due to AFL policy, then I'm all for it :thumbsu:
Yeh, its a subtle change by the club when I pressed them on it.
They are big on home games at Etihad and the whole match day experience and this strengthens that.

Yeh, its a subtle change by the club when I pressed them on it.
They are big on home games at Etihad and the whole match day experience and this strengthens that.
The Idiots that currently run our club would want to be very careful as to what I will press against them if this shit continues. :stern look

Our Home Strip is this:

37bc16e1ed067d2a42f637988b5eb41a

Not This:

52430-north-melbourne-kangaroos-2016-kids-official-away-guernsey-740.jpg

This is a Eddie Rip Off. And we mock the Dogs for lacking an original thought.

Just because we are forced to wear white shorts with our home jumper doesn't mean we abandon our home jumper for an away jumper.

The sooner this Turkey ****s off from my club the better. :stern look

193546-james-brayshaw.jpg

The Idiots that currently run our club would want to be very careful as to what I will press against them if this shit continues. :stern look

Our Home Strip is this:

Not This:

Just because we are forced to wear white shorts with our home jumper doesn't mean we abandon our home jumper for an away jumper.

The Pies almost never choose to wear their black on white jumper, even for away games.
We are maintaining that jumper.
Like I said the Bold Blue is to be worn against 12 other teams if we happen to play them at Etihad. Its 5-6 games a year that we are in all Blue.
Not really that much of a change to the last 5 years.

The Pies almost never choose to wear their black on white jumper, even for away games.
We are maintaining that jumper.
Like I said the Bold Blue is to be worn against 12 other teams if we happen to play them at Etihad. Its 5-6 games a year that we are in all Blue.
Not really that much of a change to the last 5 years.
I think it could have been the year before last that we pretty much wore our original strip for all our games except against Geelong and for the Disingenuous Round. This is certainly a change from that year and I for one doesn't think it is very fair. :stern look

So we have all spent our football supporting lives walking around in the blue on white stripes and exalting the virutes of how it is the greatest jumper in the league.

And then our short colour changes and you're all happy to throw the greatest home jumper in the league out with the bath water, to fall in love for a new piece of cloth.

You all make me sick.

Our Home Strip is this:

Not This:

I'm with you on this Zondor. A Richmond bloke said to me a couple of weeks ago that North have by far the best guernsey (he meant our historical version). It's the jumper I've literally fought for.

So we have all spent our football supporting lives walking around in the blue on white stripes and exalting the virutes of how it is the greatest jumper in the league.

And then our short colour changes and you're all happy to throw the greatest home jumper in the league out with the bath water, to fall in love for a new piece of cloth.

You all make me sick.
Exactly Chucks. Some of these simpletons are so fixated on the shorts we are forced to wear that they are prepared to forgo decades of tradition and don what in essence is a new top as our home strip. It is Stupidity in all its Glory. :stern look

We are North Melbourne but sadly we have been high jacked by a group of new age imbeciles that have no understanding of tradition. Our Traditional Home Strip is the Greatest Guernsey in the Comp. There is no need to change it. :stern look

The whole thing is completely unfair. And you are wrong regarding the year before last, no way did we wear home kit most of the time - it was usually with white, not blue.
In all seriousness. Because we wore white shorts with our traditional home jumper doesn't mean we wore our away jumper. :stern look

I'm with you on this Zondor. A Richmond bloke said to me a couple of weeks ago that North have by far the best guernsey (he meant our historical version). It's the jumper I've literally fought for.
Yep. Thanks Mate. It is a nonsense that we have started to wear our "Away" jumper at home games. Soon Brayshaws will have the guys waltzing out in a Wonder Woman Kit. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back