North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather a couple of experienced players with mature heads/bodies, not another youngster to get tainted by the current situation the club is in
Would also be supportive of a temporary increase in the soft cap for North to go and head hunt as high quality assistant and line coaches as possible to help Noble (assuming you guys don't sack him).

Despite being self-inflicted can't fathom having to watch another shitful North side for another 2 years. Approaching fold/relocate levels now (not that it will ever happen but the while they perform at this level the journos will keep banging on that drum).

I see an end of 1st round and some mature selections.

Despite being self-inflicted can't fathom having to watch another shitful North side for another 2 years. Approaching fold/relocate levels now (not that it will ever happen but the while they perform at this level the journos will keep banging on that drum).

I see an end of 1st round and some mature selections.
End of first won’t do much unless it’s coupled with another first round pick

Eg) mid first plus end of first

Age isn’t an issue either we were older than the freo team when we played each other

End of first won’t do much unless it’s coupled with another first round pick

Eg) mid first plus end of first

Age isn’t an issue either we were older than the freo team when we played each other

More kids to throw into the meat grinder isn't really going to solve the competitiveness issue.

North need senior bodies and they need to sort out what's going on behind the scenes. Increasing soft cap spending for North will probably go a long way but I've no doubt the current administration will continue to cut corners as they always have done.

Absolute frauds they are up the top.

Have no issue if they receive similar compensation to that of Gold Coast 3 years ago.

They look in worse shape than Melbourne 2012-13.
Even half of that would suffice

They got a very good assistance package that we won’t get to that extent for many reasons but 2 picks at least should be given

And maybe a caveat that one of those picks must be traded

Would also be supportive of a temporary increase in the soft cap for North to go and head hunt as high quality assistant and line coaches as possible to help Noble (assuming you guys don't sack him).
Absolutely agree, get the structure right and give yourself an opportunity to properly build capability.

More kids to throw into the meat grinder isn't really going to solve the competitiveness issue.

North need senior bodies and they need to sort out what's going on behind the scenes. Increasing soft cap spending for North will probably go a long way
So this.
Maybe a salary cap increase and soft cap spend concessions for a two year period is more what is needed now. More 18 year old does not solve their issues now.

Veterans Assistance Package

Sign any out of contract / retiring / de-listed 30+ player they like outside the list outside the cap

Gives them some leadership and ready to go competitiveness from Rd 1 next year

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Regardless if 8 wins across 3 years doesn’t get you a start of first round at a min then nothing will
Nah maybe next year

3 spoons is a good case to argue 2 spoons just doesnt cut it. hat trick

I have seen alot of your posts constantly posting about PP picks etc but i think you are going to be extremely disappointing

2 x mature state players is the going rate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly this.
So as a league how do we engineer it that mature players that have actual ability for the now can help North in next couple of years be more stable whilst the young talent North already drafted develop together to impact games more?

Do we need to adjust the free agency system to make it more geared to help teams way down below? and if so, how do we do it?
Tom Lynch to Richmond when they were going well is probably not best for competition or what free agency was meant to lead to.
Swans years back got Lockett and Paul Roos to their club when they were s**t like this. That was well before free agency existed but in a way, worked for the time period of league then and what equalisation is meant to achieve. This is type of help North need now. A priority pick for talented 18 year actually does nothing in the now and just complicates things further and takes from another club down below that is early in the draft.
You seem to be a sensible poster on this topic so i would like to ask you this question
which would assist north situation more in the net 3-4 years

get a PP pick say pick #19 or
Get extra 5 Rookie spots and $500k extra in their soft cap for 3 more development coaches

Essendon deserve one more than North Melbourne. North Melbourne beat west coast, Essendon couldn't, therefore North Melbourne are a better team and shouldn't receive a PP

Essendon deserve one more than North Melbourne. North Melbourne beat west coast, Essendon couldn't, therefore North Melbourne are a better team and shouldn't receive a PP
Have you been shooting up freddy?

Offsite I assume...

If the dons want pick 1 in the draft, they just need to crank up the club sanctioned team wide doping program again and it’s all yours …

You seem to be a sensible poster on this topic so i would like to ask you this question
which would assist north situation more in the net 3-4 years

get a PP pick say pick #19 or
Get extra 5 Rookie spots and $500k extra in their soft cap for 3 more development coaches
Probably the later but I think because the 3 more development coaches means more attention to detail for all their youngsters to potentially develop more.
But as with anything they need to be good development coaches.

I think for the immediate impact it needs to be serious player or two or mature talented nature into the list.
Someone 25 or older that is already an established AFL player.
If they had a quality key defender like a Sam Taylor I doubt they would anywhere near as bad this season as they currently are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back