Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How the hell did anyone put Jordan on field? you must be rolling more expensive guys on bench?

I couldnt logically put a gulden/berry type on bench over Jordan.

Very lucky pick to have him on ground!

I feel like I'm losing just having him on my bench but not counting! haha. Atleast I have him i guess.

How the hell did anyone put Jordan on field? you must be rolling more expensive guys on bench?

I couldnt logically put a gulden/berry type on bench over Jordan.

Very lucky pick to have him on ground!

I feel like I'm losing just having him on my bench but not counting! haha. Atleast I have him i guess.
I don’t have him 😭

Looking at Dow to Jordon, pocket 100k and
De Goey up to Dusty/Dunkley

With Macrae VC and now Jordon midfield EMG, is there justification to trade in a donut ?

Maybe for the right donut. Not a spud donut.
I still don't think it's worth it though. Cash gen is king early.

Plus Merrett can/may go close to Macrae 135. All you lose is the difference between a Guldan/Berry type and whatever Jordan eventually finishes on. Could be 40-50pts gained to inherit a deadwood to start....

Maybe for the right donut. Not a spud donut.
I still don't think it's worth it though. Cash gen is king early.

Plus Merrett can/may go close to Macrae 135. All you lose is the difference between a Guldan/Berry type and whatever Jordan eventually finishes on. Could be 40-50pts gained to inherit a deadwood to start....
Thinking Pedlar/Phillips or Cockatoo
Also don't have Merrett, Danger would be my likely C so have to make this call in the next hour or so.

Gulden seems to have greater JS and better junior numbers than Berry.

Thinking Pedlar/Phillips or Cockatoo
Also don't have Merrett, Danger would be my likely C so have to make this call in the next hour or so.

Gulden seems to have greater JS and better junior numbers than Berry.

Dont let it be Cockatoo.
I guess you could roll Phillips and hope he comes in in the next fortnight?
Or if you have a spare trade swap him out asap, even first up. Potentially you won't have anything to do with your trades anyway.

Historically speaking I tend to butcher my team early as I dont have anything I desperately want to trade, but do it anyway as not using them feels like a waste.

So having something you HAVE to do might not be so bad?

Dont let it be Cockatoo.
I guess you could roll Phillips and hope he comes in in the next fortnight?
Or if you have a spare trade swap him out asap, even first up. Potentially you won't have anything to do with your trades anyway.

Historically speaking I tend to butcher my team early as I dont have anything I desperately want to trade, but do it anyway as not using them feels like a waste.

So having something you HAVE to do might not be so bad?
I am already lining up a Witts/Grundy downgrade to a 170k and then the upgrade of whoever this midfield donut spot is for week 1 trades.

Just worried how the ruck rookies are going to score If the premiums are this bad. Will have a flow on effect down the chain
Meek is scoring about half of what Gawn is right now, but Gawn is priced almost 6x as expensive. It is a salary game after all.

Just worried how the ruck rookies are going to score If the premiums are this bad. Will have a flow on effect down the chain

Gawn is on 37 over half way through the 3rd quarter..... At this point the gameplan is just spend as little as possible in rucks as they're all going to be equally garbage!

I think Gawn/Grundy will come good pretty quick though. Particularly later half of the year when as players get rested or the gameplay in general slows down while building for finals.

Gawn is on 37 over half way through the 3rd quarter..... At this point the gameplan is just spend as little as possible in rucks as they're all going to be equally garbage!

I think Gawn/Grundy will come good pretty quick though. Particularly later half of the year when as players get rested or the gameplay in general slows down while building for finals.
I can't see Max Gawn simply accepting that he's not part of the game.. he will already be thinking about how he can get more involved.

So true

Witts and Sam Berry
V
Flynn and Duggan?
In my opinion I'd go Flynn and Duggan (should get 50ish and 90+). Witts could either pull a Gawn and get 50 or a Grundy and get a respectable 80-90 (risky but possible). Berry is up against Geelong so I don't have any high expectations of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically speaking here... Gawndy advocates (aka me) were wrong...

...But the rookie ruck play also may not be entirely right... Meek 26 part way through the last quarter. They're not going to be the easy rookie 70+ scores everyone seemed to think.

If Flynn chalks up a similar sub 40 score then the best play may yet be a Grundy/Witts combo.

Do I hold ROB or drop him and bring in Mitchell?

Same dilemma here. Managed to avoid Gawn and Grundy but I have ROB at R1. I have the strangest feeling that he’s going to be the ruck that bucks the trend and kills it today so I think I’ll keep him, but I am tempted to go ultra cheap at R1 and change him to another gun mid.

Technically speaking here... Gawndy advocates (aka me) were wrong...

...But the rookie ruck play also may not be entirely right... Meek 26 part way through the last quarter. They're not going to be the easy rookie 70+ scores everyone seemed to think.

If Flynn chalks up a similar sub 40 score then the best play may yet be a Grundy/Witts combo.
Is Draper an option too? Priced at 60, sole ruck

Is Draper an option too? Priced at 60, sole ruck

I've honestly never considered draper even for a moment. Either stay high with Grundy/Witts.. or if you're dropping below that then go right down to Flynn and hope for the best.
Draper could come out and score a 50-60 which is so vanilla for his price tag. May aswell cop a 30-50 from Flynn

I've honestly never considered draper even for a moment. Either stay high with Grundy/Witts.. or if you're dropping below that then go right down to Flynn and hope for the best.
Draper could come out and score a 50-60 which is so vanilla for his price tag. May aswell cop a 30-50 from Flynn
True. Draper does have decent potential though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back