BigFooty Official Official BigFooty Phantom Draft - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Order

1. Adelaide - Elijah Hollands
2. North Melbourne - Riley Thilthorpe
3. Western Bulldogs - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (matched bid)
4. Sydney - Logan McDonald
5. Hawthorn - Denver Grainger-Barras
6. Gold Coast - Will Phillips
7. Sydney - Braeden Campbell (matched bid)
8. Essendon - Archie Perkins
9. Essendon - Nikolas Cox
10. Essendon - Nathan O'Driscoll
11. Port Adelaide - Lachie Jones (matched bid)
12. Adelaide - Finlay Macrae
13. GWS - Tanner Bruhn
14. North Melbourne - Zac Reid
15. Fremantle - Heath Chapman
16. Collingwood - Reef McInnes (matched bid)
17. GWS - Oliver Henry
18. GWS - Jack Carroll
19. Collingwood - Eddie Ford
20. Richmond - Brayden Cook
21. Melbourne - Zavier Maher
22. Melbourne - Blake Coleman (unmatched bid)
23. GWS - Errol Gulden (unmatched bid)
24. St Kilda - Sam Berry

25. Adelaide - Caleb Poulter
26. Adelaide - Tom Powell
27. Hawthorn - Jackson Callow
28. Brisbane - Max Heath
29. Gold Coast - Alex Davies (pre-listed selection)
30. Melbourne - Fraser Rosman
31. Fremantle - Brandon Walker (matched bid)
32. GWS - Tom Highmore
33. North Melbourne - Joel Western (unmatched bid)
34. Carlton - Bailey Laurie
35. Richmond - Jack Ginnivan
36. Carlton - Brodie Lake
37. North Melbourne - Oliver Davis
38. Adelaide - Kaine Baldwin

39. Essendon - Liam McMahon
40. Hawthorn - Luke Edwards
41. Hawthorn - Zane Trew
42. Sydney - Shannon Neale
43. Hawthorn - Connor Downie
44. Western Bulldogs - Isiah Winder
45. Geelong - Kalin Lane
46. Brisbane - Jake Bowey
47. Western Bulldogs - Corey Durdin
48. Fremantle - Liam Kolar
49. Fremantle - Finn Gorringe
50. Brisbane - Conor Stone
51. Port Adelaide - Zac Dumesny
52. Richmond - Josh Treacy

53. West Coast - Luke Pedlar
54. Richmond - Maurice Rioli Jnr (matched bid)
55. St Kilda - Jackson Cardillo
56. Essendon - Cody Brand (matched bid)
57. Collingwood - Tariek Newchurch
58. St Kilda - Max Pescud
59. Collingwood - Ollie Lord
60. Sydney - James Borlase
61. Collingwood - Ryan Angwin
62. North Melbourne - Malachy Carruthers
63. Port Adelaide - Phoenix Spicer
64. Gold Coast - Joel Jeffrey (pre-listed selection)
65. Carlton - Charlie Lazzaro
66. West Coast - Max Holmes
67. Geelong - Cam Fleeton

Preseason Draft

1. Adelaide - Jackson Hately

Rookie Draft

1. Adelaide - Henry Smith
2. North Melbourne - Seamus Mitchell
3. Sydney - Dominic Bedendo
4. Hawthorn - Jackson Ramsay
5. Gold Coast - Rhys Nicholls
6. Essendon - Josh Eyre
7. Fremantle - Hugh Dixon
8. Carlton - Riley Holder
9. GWS - Nick Stevens
10. Melbourne - Callum Park
11. Western Bulldogs - Ewan MacPherson
12. West Coast - Jack Avery
13. Collingwood - Taj Schofield
14. St Kilda - Connor Ballenden
15. Brisbane - Carter Michael
16. Port Adelaide - Matthew Allison
17. Geelong - Patrick Walker
18. Richmond - Campbell Edwardes

Last edited:
Rookie Pick 2: North Melbourne – Seamus Mitchell
Pick #2 North Melbourne | Seamus Mitchell | 182cm 72kg | Bendigo Pioneers | Midfielder/Forward

Comparison:Zac Williams

- has speed to burn,
- beautiful kick
- strong game sense.
- can break the lines, can be played at HB.

andleanback

Pick #2 North Melbourne | Seamus Mitchell | 182cm 72kg | Bendigo Pioneers | Midfielder/Forward

Comparison:Zac Williams

- has speed to burn,
- beautiful kick
- strong game sense.
- can break the lines, can be played at HB.

andleanback
Crazy he didn't go National for this imo

Crazy he didn't go National for this imo
I seriously considered him at the Newchurch pick, but I just have Newchurch's upside that bit more and then didn't want to take take him along with Newchurch and Ford. He was the one I suspected briztoon meant when talking about one of eDPS favourites left, that or a Gold Coast Suns Academy forward that no one apparently has talked about.

I seriously considered him at the Newchurch pick, but I just have Newchurch's upside that bit more and then didn't want to take take him along with Newchurch and Ford. He was the one I suspected briztoon meant when talking about one of eDPS favourites left, that or a Gold Coast Suns Academy forward that no one apparently has talked about.
Any news on the the nominated NGA's yet?

I reckon Brodie Lake could be a real bolter if the Suns don't/haven't nominated him?

Any news on the the nominated NGA's yet?

I reckon Brodie Lake could be a real bolter if the Suns don't/haven't nominated him?
Nothing public I've seen yet. If anything pops up we'll put something up.

As far as I was aware they weren't nominating Lake. They have three list spots they want to use, two to pre-list Davies and Jeffrey and of course they don't rate Lake top five, so he's unlucky. They rate what they have rather than cutting another player. I agree think he's stiff, but could easily end up on another list. Will be the same for Brisbane's Academy kids outside of Coleman I'd say. Adelaide were trying to get Newchurch and Borlase on the rookie list, but that's basically saying they don't think a team will bid on them in the National and that's a stretch, I think they will have to just do some sort of trade to allow them to come on and not happen what happened in this draft. The rest are all fairly straight forward with who is going to be nominated/not nominated I think.

andleanback
I'm probably a little biased as I live in Bendigo, but he looks a real talent. The first time I saw Mitchell play he really "popped" playing at half forward - decent evasion, speed and managed to snag a couple of goals as well. There's just that something about him that's exciting. Other games I've seen him play he's been real quiet but that first game has always stuck in my mind.

Nothing public I've seen yet. If anything pops up we'll put something up.

As far as I was aware they weren't nominating Lake. They have three list spots they want to use, two to pre-list Davies and Jeffrey and of course they don't rate Lake top five, so he's unlucky. They rate what they have rather than cutting another player. I agree think he's stiff, but could easily end up on another list. Will be the same for Brisbane's Academy kids outside of Coleman I'd say. Adelaide were trying to get Newchurch and Borlase on the rookie list, but that's basically saying they don't think a team will bid on them in the National and that's a stretch, I think they will have to just do some sort of trade to allow them to come on and not happen what happened in this draft. The rest are all fairly straight forward with who is going to be nominated/not nominated I think.
I'd take Lake before both Borlase and Newchurch personally.

I'd take Lake before both Borlase and Newchurch personally.
Yeah I think most would agree there. The issue isn't that Gold Coast don't rate him, it's that he's rated below Davies and Jeffrey and is not rated in the Top 5, so they are hamstrung unless they cut another player.

Adelaide were trying to get Newchurch and Borlase on the rookie list, but that's basically saying they don't think a team will bid on them in the National and that's a stretch, I think they will have to just do some sort of trade to allow them to come on and not happen what happened in this draft.

I reckon Adelaide will miss out on Borlase. You just know GWS are taking him in the second round. And I don't think it would be a bad pick either, more than handy Corr replacement. I'd be fairly comfortable that Newchurch makes it to the Cat B list though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Adelaide will miss out on Borlase. You just know GWS are taking him in the second round. And I don't think it would be a bad pick either, more than handy Corr replacement. I'd be fairly comfortable that Newchurch makes it to the Cat B list though.
Yeah that's a fair comparison. Newchurch could be anything at his best, I remember earlier in the year, well in a couple of games, but in Round 1, he was pretty quiet in the first half then booted three second half goals and you just could see he had 'it' and what he could do. It's not the consistency of some others for sure, but boy when he gets a look around goals...

I agree re Newchurch I watched every game he's played this year and the more I saw of him the more unsure I am as to whether he makes the step up to AFL.
Outstanding speed, athleticism and plenty of X factor but picks and chooses what contests he goes all in at too much for my liking, would need to work way harder to make it as an AFL player IMO.

I agree re Newchurch I watched every game he's played this year and the more I saw of him the more unsure I am as to whether he makes the step up to AFL.
Outstanding speed, athleticism and plenty of X factor but picks and chooses what contests he goes all in at too much for my liking, would need to work way harder to make it as an AFL player IMO.
His offensive best is an A, but he's a D defensively, and the latter can often impact on the former. It's not completely rare for small forwards to have this issue - they've often grown up being the best in their junior teams and don't need the defensive attributes, but agree that at the higher levels - especially if he played Champs - he would needed to have really stepped up in his defensive pressure.

Rookie Pick 4: Hawthorn – Jackson Ramsay
Pick 4 - Jackson Ramsay - East Perth - 184cm 82kg

picking up a 26yr old and depth for our midfield, this guy is too good for the WAFL, he was a defender at Collingwood previously, but has moved to the midfield where he has won 2 best and fairests in 2 years and 3rd in the Sandover medal this year, really clean hands and skills, we potentially need to change up our midfield as it gets embarrassed far too often in recent years and i think he could be a player to play straight away and challenge our established mids for dominance of the centre square, maybe like a Tim Kelly type impact, which is the hope here as a rookie pick up.

i also contemplated Josh Gore and Harry Sharp here, but i really like Jackson Ramsay and what he could bring to the AFL in the midfield.

Snoop Dog or whoever is doing Gold Coast

Rookie Pick 5: Gold Coast – Rhys Nicholls
Pick 5 Gold Coast - Rhys Nicholls

Gold Coast Academy prospect, Nicholls is a 188cm half back - good intercept player, AFL level speed and just a good overall package. I think he's the most likely of the Suns players to be listed (outside of Davies and Jeffrey).

eDPS for Essendon

Pick 5 Gold Coast - Rhys Nicholls

Gold Coast Academy prospect, Nicholls is a 188cm half back - good intercept player, AFL level speed and just a good overall package. I think he's the most likely of the Suns players to be listed (outside of Davies and Jeffrey).

eDPS for Essendon
yeah i think twomey said it on a podcast today he believes nicholls will be preselected on rookie list

Rookie Pick 7: Fremantle – Hugh Dixon
Who do you rate higher if you had to select 1 of Eyre or Brand nd where do you think the bombers will and wont match on these 2 boys

Probably what will happen...

Rookie Pick 7: Hugh Dixon - Key Forward (Fremantle)
194cm

ModernArtillery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back