News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

How many games will Ablett play for Geelong in his second stint

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we play ablett forward for a few years for longevity. Or do we play him midfield and flog him for that one big crack at the flag..

He is in a position to force himself well and truly into the conversation for GOAT, and I think he will take advantage of it.
Nothing surer. He'll go hard for the next 50 games. One more flag or Brownlow and he's be right up there. Add another AA or so. 120 goals.

Goes from 2 flags, 2 Brownlows, 8 AAs and 380 goals ->
------------3 flags, 3 Brownlows, 10 AAs and 500 goals...

Do we play ablett forward for a few years for longevity. Or do we play him midfield and flog him for that one big crack at the flag..
Play him till he's no good in the middle and then move him forward. I reckon that he and Danger will just swap between forward and mid - we should really try to do that with Joel too - he's a good enough mark and kick, decent tackler too and it might add a season or two to his lifespan as an AFL player.

If you like long, wanky reads - and I warn you this is long and wanky - I wrote something on a basically worthless blog that no one knows exists back in April on Ablett and his family. I must've been particularly bored that week; however like thousands of other men in my age bracket Ablett senior was a genuine hero to me growing up and he and his story have had a big impact on me ..
I just had a peak at the post again in light of Gary's return to Geelong; thought I would share a link; it is pretty long and wanky, like, don't bother unless you have 10+ minutes to read ..

http://johnnysegment.kinja.com/theyre-altogether-ooky-the-ablett-family-1794207553

Dangerfield Ablett Duncan Selwood.

That’s 4 A graders.

Perhaps we can just start respecting it and calling it a good midfield?

It's a beautiful midfield!

Also take the first letter of each last name and you get: SADD, which is what opposition supporters will be when we beat them :D

Or I guess you could get DADS too which would also make sense because Gary will start a family soon and father 10 sons for Geelong :)

Okay it's after 1am I really need to get some sleep :p

Back