2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am heavily invested in Beavis.

He has got the best hair. Really jealous as am mostly bald now. Number 29 in this photo of Swans u15 from last year.

193A1913.jpg

IMO, these are the best players across the 3 games from each age group:

U19's
Max Rider
Jeromos Mills-Vasas
Ned Hawkins
Lachlan Cabor

U18's (2024 draft)
Joel Cochran
Joe Harrison
Tom Ryan
Nicholas Andreacchio
Felix Rugge-Price

U17's (2025 draft)
Lachlan Carmichael
Noah Chamberlain
Max King
Louis Jans
Oliver Baget-Juleff
Kaiden McNamara
Reeve Simmons
Completely irrelevant I know but some incredible names there.
Baget-Juleff our next superstar
Ollie Baget Juleff, Lucien ??? (cant remember surname) and Eli Oldfield all played in my nephews team in Kiama Power. I remember watching them thinking these kids will be drafted for sure. Eli just ran and ran and moved different to the other kids (opposition included). Impressive player. Moved to Melb Grammar under scholarship (pretty sure still tied to Academy though) so havent seen him for a while but i still reckon he will make it along with the other 2 mentioned above. I will be keeping a keen eye on them come their draft night.

IMO, these are the best players across the 3 games from each age group:

U19's
Max Rider
Jeromos Mills-Vasas
Ned Hawkins
Lachlan Cabor

U18's (2024 draft)
Joel Cochran
Joe Harrison
Tom Ryan
Nicholas Andreacchio
Felix Rugge-Price

U17's (2025 draft)
Lachlan Carmichael
Noah Chamberlain
Max King
Louis Jans
Oliver Baget-Juleff
Kaiden McNamara
Reeve Simmons
I only follow the Academy kids casually but Cochran's name is the one that has come up most since the start of the season. Good to see doing well. A certainty to be drafted from what I read? And for those that have watched him, he looks a good size but is he also relatively agile?

I only follow the Academy kids casually but Cochran's name is the one that has come up most since the start of the season. Good to see doing well. A certainty to be drafted from what I read? And for those that have watched him, he looks a good size but is he also relatively agile?
He's the one all of the journos seem to be focussed on

Got a mention in this Fox write up - "The other northern academy prospect to track is Joel Cochran – an athletic and versatile 195cm utility who’s tied to the Swans."

Link: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dr...s/news-story/201ed8b934322fecc6c6cb3969f8e1ae

Ollie Baget Juleff, Lucien ??? (cant remember surname) and Eli Oldfield all played in my nephews team in Kiama Power. I remember watching them thinking these kids will be drafted for sure. Eli just ran and ran and moved different to the other kids (opposition included). Impressive player. Moved to Melb Grammar under scholarship (pretty sure still tied to Academy though) so havent seen him for a while but i still reckon he will make it along with the other 2 mentioned above. I will be keeping a keen eye on them come their draft night.
Crazy that I have lived in Kiama for 15 years and have never seen the Kiama Power play. Great stuff and good luck to them!

The 2024 Marsh AFL National Championships schedule has been released

2024 Marsh AFL National Championships – U18 Boys
Teams:
Allies (ACT, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland and Tasmania), South Australia, Victoria Country, Victoria Metro, Western Australia

DATEHOME TEAMAWAY TEAMLOCATIONTIME
Sun, May 26South AustraliaAlliesSA10:05am
Sun, June 2AlliesWestern AustraliaNSW10:35am
Sun, June 9Victoria MetroAlliesVIC10:35am
Sun, July 7AlliesVictoria CountryQLD10:35am

2024 Marsh AFL National Development Championships – U16 Boys
Teams:

Pool A: South Australia, Victoria Country, Victoria Metro, Western Australia
Pool B: Brisbane Lions Academy, Gold Coast Suns Academy, GWS Giants Academy, Northern Territory, Sydney Swans Academy, Tasmania

DATEHOME TEAMAWAY TEAMLOCATIONTIME
Sat, June 29GWS Giants AcademySydney Swans AcademyACT12:00pm
Thu, July 11TasmaniaSydney Swans AcademyQLD11:45am

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few observations after re-watching yesterday's game.

We played pretty well, just turned the ball over too easily, and Brisbane took advantage.

A few players I noticed were missing from the Summer Series - Cochran (U18's), Harrison, Rider. Did think we missed not having them playing.

IMO, Best were Chamberlain (by quite a distance), Hawkins, Carmichael, Mills-Vasas, King

Cabor played both forward and back, but was much better when he was playing up forward

I think Caleb May (#36) was back in the ruck for the first time this year?

Last edited:
A few observations after re-watching yesterday's game.

We played pretty well, just turned the ball over too easily, and Brisbane took advantage.

A few players I noticed were missing from the Summer Series - Cochran (U18's), Harrison, Rider. Did think we missed not having them playing.

IMO, Best were Chamberlain (by quite a distance), Hawkins, Carmichael, Mills-Vasas, King

Cabor played both forward and back, but was much better when he was playing up forward

I think Caleb May (#36) was back in the ruck for the first time this year?

Chamberlin, King and Carmichael are the three who I think are best chances of getting picked up next year.

Reckon Harrison and Cochran are monties for this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back