Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you really trying to tell me that the Mitchell trade would have gone down to the last minute if we weren’t trying to deal with Geelong and Mackie?

Come on Dave, don’t be naive.

The Mitchell trade went down to the last minute BECAUSE we were dealing with Geelong and Mackie. Collingwood wanted more than what Geelong were offering so Geelong were forced to talk to hawthorn to give them something, so Collingwood could get mitchell and agree to offload Henry.

Of course we could have landed mitchell another way… but we didn’t. And didn’t need to.

The Mitchell trade went down to the last minute BECAUSE we were dealing with Geelong and Mackie. Collingwood wanted more than what Geelong were offering so Geelong were forced to talk to hawthorn to give them something, so Collingwood could get mitchell and agree to offload Henry.

Of course we could have landed mitchell another way… but we didn’t. And didn’t need to.
I think it was 3 separate deals tied together to keep us happy.

Are you really trying to tell me that the Mitchell trade would have gone down to the last minute if we weren’t trying to deal with Geelong and Mackie?

Come on Dave, don’t be naive.

Most Likely but that means the Club Lied to us

Literally what I just said…

The most likely scenario is that we gave up on negotiations with Mackie close to the deadline (as the club pretty much stated) and went to get the deal done with Hawthorn, and the Hawks saw an opportunity to get a slightly better deal for themselves if they got in to the Geelong deal.
Either way, Mitchell would have been a pie, his situation at Hawthorn had clearly become untenable and they wanted him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back