Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry really has no idea does he of the wrath that awaits him whenever he plays against Collingwood.

Silly, silly, boy.

We never forget.
Henry is unwilling to commute up the highway for Geelong’s home games against us at the MCG so I don’t think it will matter

According to cat fans Mitchell is a one trick pony, a contested ball beast, who won’t improve us. Do they broadcast any non-cat games in Geelong? I only ask because that’s exactly what we lacked in ‘22.

If it was just 25 sure. This was the right decision. Pragmatic and fruitful.
When you look at what Geelong had to give up just to GAIN pick 25, only to find it wasn’t anywhere near enough and they had to throw a first round pick player in as steakknives (only a year older than Henry)’.... is comical
So effectively Geelong have parted with......

2 2nd round picks (38 / future)
2 3rd round picks (48 / 55)
1 4th round pick (future)
Cooper Stephens 2019 1st round pick 16 selection

for Oliver Henry 2020 1st round pick 17 selection.
it woukd have been far cheaper for them to just give us a future 1st.

We could easily have negotiated separately to land mitchell

Big win for gw.

Disappointed.
Had the opportunity to put him in the draft, make him nominate a huge number to ward off other clubs. Forcing Geelong to pay overs for what right now is a middling talent.
And I reckon every other club besides Geelong would have celebrated taking back the power that such a move would have proven. And emboldened them to not be held to ransom in the future.
Geelong have won a Premiership, and then splashed cash to further reinforce the superiority. That’s not how it’s supposed to work.
It's not about Geelong It's about us. We got 25 and Mitchell for someone who didn't want to be here and would have ended up where he wanted to be anyway. We have won this trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to cat fans Mitchell is a one trick pony, a contested ball beast, who won’t improve us. Do they broadcast any non-cat games in Geelong? I only ask because that’s exactly what we lacked in ‘22.
They are trying to convince themselves that they've "won" the trade (winning the trade period overall isn't enough apparently). I'm not saying they "lost" it, I think it ended up being fair enough in the end but... it seems they will not be satisfied with anything unless they are the only beneficiary. They do not want to leave a crumb for anyone else.
Chris Scott should've won coach of the year.
SDK should have won rising star. etc.

It's not about Geelong It's about us. We got 25 and Mitchell for someone who didn't want to be here and would have ended up where he wanted to be anyway. We have won this trade.
If anybody wants to make it about Geelong however..... one just needs to look at what they gave up just to land pick 25 only to find they had to give up more.

No one’s said it yet, so I will.

Finally, we get to see what the first night of the draft is all about… and then we can sit back and not give a s**t.

They are trying to convince themselves that they've "won" the trade (winning the trade period overall isn't enough apparently). I'm not saying they "lost" it, I think it ended up being fair enough in the end but... it seems they will not be satisfied with anything unless they are the only beneficiary. They do not want to leave a crumb for anyone else.
Chris Scott should've won coach of the year.
SDK should have won rising star. etc.
In all seriousness it was a pretty fair trade in the end for mine. Henry is talented and will replace Rohan long term, Mitchell is what we lack and we get a decent pick, hawks a young mid to replace Mitchell/O’Meara.

No one’s said it yet, so I will.

Finally, we get to see what the first night of the draft is all about… and then we can sit back and not give a s**t.
Good luck with the draft, but wrong board?

the only pony here is Oliver Henry.

total pony.

I am glad he is gone for many reaasons including his juvenilequine nature and his treachery which is entirely consistent with ponydom but mostly his name. Every ******* time I heard it it made me think of Elanor Rigby and I would get that ******* sing stuck in my head but with Oliver Henry in place of Elanor Rigby.

maybe that was a sign he really was a lonely person.

but i think hes just a ******* pony.

prove me wrong.

So effectively Geelong have parted with......

2 2nd round picks (38 / future)
2 3rd round picks (48 / 55)
1 4th round pick (future)
Cooper Stephens 2019 1st round pick 16 selection

for Oliver Henry 2020 1st round pick 17 selection.
And Jack Bowes and pick 7 which props them up. Bowes is a little meh but pick 7 a good get for premiership winning team.

Just added Uf Widerluege translated means until we see each other again, message from Maynard.:p

I prefer Auf Wiedersehen, fotze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back