Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a long way from it. Certainly not seeing any of the tricks that have been talked up. But we need to remember, he has just been drafted, after missing his under 18 year. He should be a mile off it realistically (unless you're JUH or Nick Daicos level of talent 😀)

I dont care how bad he was. I'd rather lock him in for at least a small block of games. We just need to blood these kids and get as many of them up to 30-50 as quickly as possible . Stick with him and Ruscoe. Drop WHE. Thomas can be the sub.

Disagree.

While we are in need of a refresh it’s not good development to be no where near it. He needs to build confidence against VFL hacks and remind himself why he got drafted.

Cycle in McCreery and Macrae instead fitness permitting.

Can’t judge him on tonight’s showing. Zero fitness base - blew up in Q1 and was completely cooked after that. Never should have been selected.

Must be dropped. His opponents will savage him by running off on the counter-attack. Let him build fitness and confidence in the VFL, without the pressure of the AFL spotlight.

Macrae and even Poulter look more match fit. And Bianco and Rantall should have much better fitness bases after an extra year in the system. Play them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I dont care how bad he was. I'd rather lock him in for at least a small block of games. We just need to blood these kids and get as many of them up to 30-50 as quickly as possible . Stick with him and Ruscoe. Drop WHE. Thomas can be the sub.

He can develop in the VFL ffs, the kids completely out of his depth, he's drowning out there. Continuing to play him is like selecting David Warner for 5 tests against a swinging Broad, it doesn't help.

Selecting him was a terrible decision before the game and it was just as stupid post game, he shat the bed in a preseason game, he needs to get used to senior footy at VFL level because he's no where near it right now.

Good to see you have written off 2021. Bring on 2022...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a side with 20 less inside 50s, you cant make anything from that game. absolutely plays next week.

It's not about his limited opportunity, it's about when he has an opportunity he constantly drops uncontested marks, fumbles the ball and just generally completely butchers the chance. He's mentally shot and needs VFL game time to build some confidence and form.

Looked overawed and overwhelmed in his first game. Can't judge him on that performance but, probably needs senior experience at a lower level.

Come on TG, if you're not prepared to support Collingwood please go away and leave us genuine supporters in peace!! I think most people around here do know how to regard your posts!
Stephenson kicked 38 goals in his first season in this same crap forward line. What’s Henrys excuse? He can’t blame the forward line it’s the same players!

Stephenson kicked 38 goals in his first season in this same crap forward line. What’s Henrys excuse? He can’t blame the forward line it’s the same players!
It's his first game FFS, on a fast track against a sublime defensive side, give the kid a chance.

1998 rd 3 Collingwood played the Bulldogs. I remember this game for two reasons Buckley only got 10 touches playing in the midfield (probably only shocker he every played) and it was Tarrants debut. Tarrant got a handful of touches I do think he took a speccie in last 5 minutes other than that he was underwhelming. Henry reminds me a touch of Tarrant but with better foot skills.
Oliver Henry has had a shocking debut but I am super excited by him. He is quick, super agile and I do think he thinks he is one one of those players who will did some amazing/good things by instinct. I'd be prepared to carry him because I think he just might click and have a season like Stephenson did (who was awful his first few games before kicking 5 against the crows)
Lets back him I am confident we will be rewarded.

Neither Henry nor Ruscoe should have been picked, they’re not ready IMHO just yet. Henry struggled in his first game sure, but he’s just been drafted into the club, massive uptick from previous footy and up against a red hot Bulldogs. Not to forget this is round 1 where teams come out firing. Most his teammates were soundly beaten, and forget stats, most of our top ball getters were back men. Was named on the bench, so not sure what role he was expecting. Play some VFL, get some confidence, come back strong.

If we had nobody else to select, just goes to show where the list is at.

Stevo kicked zero goals zero behinds in his first three games. And his output gradually got worse.... 16 possessions, 13 possessions, and 6 possessions.

He was lucky to be picked for his fourth game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back