No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want the media champion data access
So we can have a look at umpire stats
I will ask if they will give it to me for free to redistribute commercially.

I will ask if they will give it to me for free to redistribute commercially.
If they say no just say Muddiemoose sent you
I’m kinda a big deal

If they say no just say Muddiemoose sent you
I’m kinda a big deal
Yes! I was looking for something to really clinch the deal. That might be it. Wish me luck!

Give me a few weeks to trawl through the games this season and I'll get a thread started on goals from free kicks per team.
It should be noted that often the umpire will pay a free kick in the F50 and the player misses the shot (this happened with Lynch against Port). If the goal is kicked it makes a big difference. Perhaps a better stat is free kicks inside F50 which give the opportunity to have a shot. I've argued for years that the Eagles get so many frees right in front of goal and the oppo teams are lucky to ever receive one.

It should be noted that often the umpire will pay a free kick in the F50 and the player misses the shot (this happened with Lynch against Port). If the goal is kicked it makes a big difference. Perhaps a better stat is free kicks inside F50 which give the opportunity to have a shot. I've argued for years that the Eagles get so many frees right in front of goal and the oppo teams are lucky to ever receive one.
It's a fair point. Also worth noting if the free kick was fair or controversial.

Although I'd love to document free kicks inside 50, it's impossible without watching every minute of every match unless we somehow get the Champion Data info. I'll settle for goals from free kicks for now.

It's a fair point. Also worth noting if the free kick was fair or controversial.

Although I'd love to document free kicks inside 50, it's impossible without watching every minute of every match unless we somehow get the Champion Data info. I'll settle for goals from free kicks for now.
Sydney kicked 8 goals from 10 forward 50 free kicks v us in Rd 3. What was final margin 45 points? In the words of Gus from my big fat Greek wedding "so there you go"

Sydney kicked 8 goals from 10 forward 50 free kicks v us in Rd 3. What was final margin 45 points? In the words of Gus from my big fat Greek wedding "so there you go"
Exactly why there is nothing to be concerned about come finals time when the whistle gets put away.

Exactly why there is nothing to be concerned about come finals time when the whistle gets put away.
And also because that's when the ones that pay the ridiculous frees - or somehow don't pay the obvious ones - get told, "sorry, see you next year".

It will be interesting to see how we fair in the goals from frees.

Normally when you bring up that Richmond have the poor free kick differential over the last several years to opposition supporters whinging about umps favouring Richmond, their response is "it's not how many that's paid, it's where their paid."

This would reveal if there is any substance to that claim.

I'm curious where you got that stat from? I didn't know myself, but noticed Sydney did get a lot of goals from frees.

To the point I went to Kayo and viewed each Sydney goal from a free kick. I counted 6 (still a lot), and that is not counting the umpire non-decision of the obvious Nank mark which led to a Sydney goal.

Sydney still outplayed us that day and deserved the win, but the umpiring bias just added salt to the wounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm curious where you got that stat from? I didn't know myself, but noticed Sydney did get a lot of goals from frees.

To the point I went to Kayo and viewed each Sydney goal from a free kick. I counted 6 (still a lot), and that is not counting the umpire non-decision of the obvious Nank mark which led to a Sydney goal.

Sydney still outplayed us that day and deserved the win, but the umpiring bias just added salt to the wounds.
umps have taken 8 points off us last 2 weeks . we'll prob finish outside the 4 or have to go interstate again

Counted myself, but if you watched replay and counted 6 then I have missed by 2. Still 6 is quite high is it not?

Why not watch games to get the info yourself?

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back