FB: McMahon Grima Firrito

HB: MacMillan Thompson Wright

C: Anthony Wells Adams

HF: Thomas McIntosh Edwards

FF: Harvey Petrie Harper

R: Goldstein Swallow Bastinac

Int: Greenwood Atley Cunnington (Sub) Mullett

Emg: Pederson Campbell & L Delaney

I reckon Grima will play, Mullett has earned his spot, and you really can't leave anyone else out. Didn't want to leave Pedo out as he could easily play to give some flexibility. But who would you drop for him?

Can anyone please put up the team that was shown on the Footy Show tonight as I missed it please.

Shane Crawford selected the players in the positions he feels they'll play in. The way they announced it sounded like this could be the final squad, but you can forget these positions:

B. Tarrant Firrito Cunnington
HB. McMahon Thompson Anthony
C. Wells Harvey Adams
HF. Campbell Edwards Atley
F. Thomas Petrie Wright

R. Goldstein Bastinac Swallow

Int. McIntosh Harper Gibson C.Delaney Mullett MacMillan

As I said, a side placed in position by someone who knows SFA about our lineup and our preseason, but it sounded like it was a squad sent to them by North (names only).

Now, IF that is the squad, how would you line them up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare keys ahead of Car Keys? might be some brotherly friction if that's the real squad.

But given that squad I'd go with:

B: Mullett C Delaney McMahon
HB:Firrito Thompson Anthony
C Wells Cunnington Adams
HF Harper Tarrant Thomas
F Edwards Petrie Harvey

Int. McIntosh McMillan Wright s. Atley
Em: Campbell, Gibson, a.n.other

Shane Crawford selected the players in the positions he feels they'll play in. The way they announced it sounded like this could be the final squad, but you can forget these positions:

B. Tarrant Firrito Cunnington
HB. McMahon Thompson Anthony
C. Wells Harvey Adams
HF. Campbell Edwards Atley
F. Thomas Petrie Wright

Int. McIntosh Harper Gibson C.Delaney Mullett MacMillan

As I said, a side placed in position by someone who knows SFA about our lineup and our preseason, but it sounded like it was a squad sent to them by North (names only).

Now, IF that is the squad, how would you line them up?

B: Michael Firrito Scott Thompson Scott McMahon

HB: Jamie Macmillan Cam Delaney Sam Wright

C: Liam Anthony Andrew Swallow Daniel Wells

HF: Aaron Edwards Robbie Tarrant Leigh Adams

F: Lindsay Thomas Drew Petrie Kieran Harper

R: Todd Goldstein Ryan Bastinac Brent Harvey

I: Ben Cunnington, Hamish McIntosh, Shaun Atley, Matt Campbell

E: Aaron Mullett, Sam Gibson

If Delaney doesn't work then we throw Tarrant back and either try the ultra small forward line, with Edwards at CHF, or we shift Petrie out to CHF and put Hamish at FF to try and compete in the air at both ends.
Doubt Cam will be ahead of his brother or Pedersen though.

Interesting if it is in fact C Delaney. We appear to have plenty of flank/pocket options, Gibson would have to be a huge chance imo to boost the midfield rotations.

If that's the squad (assuming it should be L not C) it's as expected except for Speight and maybe Pedersen & Greenwood.

McMahon L Delaney Firrito

Macmillan Thompson Wright

Wells Swallow Anthony

Thomas Tarrant Adams

Edwards Petrie Harper

Goldstein Bastinac Harvey

McIntosh Atley Cunnington Speight

Gibson Greenwood Pedersen Campbell Mullett

Assuming Gibson has to be promoted before being named, then we should hear about his promotion today right? Also, would they promote him now just to name him emergency?

I like the squad though

Assuming Gibson has to be promoted before being named, then we should hear about his promotion today right? Also, would they promote him now just to name him emergency?

I like the squad though

I believe it will be Car Keys not Spare Keys and Pederson not Speight Atley as sub other than that good team Gibson wont be elevated for Emergency I think it may have a bit of a crawford's mate thing going

I think we can pretty much take the side that played against Carlton 2 weeks ago as the starting side, and make at most 2-3 changes to it. Levi didn't play in it, and perhaps oneo or two key defenders may be added. But that side is 95% guide to what's going to happen IMO.

I can't believe people have Greenwood out of their 22.

This is going to be a WAR and we need a biggest bodies playing - I think he has to play.

He can also go to Watson, Hocking or Howlett should they begin to get on top.

I can't believe people have Greenwood out of their 22.

This is going to be a WAR and we need a biggest bodies playing - I think he has to play.

He can also go to Watson, Hocking or Howlett should they begin to get on top.

Greenhead would be in the top 10 that I'd pick.
The tagging job that he can do would be immense. Shut down Heath Hocking who is their second best ball winner and we completely shut down their supply from the midfield. Nobody can kick in that midfield, and if we really apply a physical and hard-tackling approach in the centre, then we're going to restrict quality ball movement in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back