Rumour Pavlich to retire, signed to Channel 7 commentary for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Went on a year too long? The guy has been getting double teamed at the age of 33! All things considered, he's done very well to make it out there and come up and kick a few goals. He's actually done the right thing by the club to continue playing – helping old ******* useless Taberner out, being the only genuine tall option...

The guy is an absolute ornament to Fremantle and WA football history. He should be revered. People say he's up there with Riewoldt but Riewoldt was living in Melbourne and got the accolades. Pav lived in Perth and should've gone back home to Adelaide, instead he stayed loyal and played in so many abysmal teams you wonder how he made it through. The fact he tried so hard on Friday night shows the determination the prick had to go out with a flag... he is the last loyal clubman of the AFL.

I'll miss the guy. Absolute star and one of the only things Freo fans can be consistently proud of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact he tried so hard on Friday night shows the determination the prick had to go out with a flag... he is the last loyal clubman of the AFL.

Nick Reiwoldt, Boomer Harvey, Dustin Fletcher, Harry Taylor board.

PS.....J Brown and M Richardson were offered huge contracts to leave and stayed loyal.

Basically I'm trying to say stop pissing your pants:)

Matthew Richardson played at the MCG every weekend in front of 60,000 people. He also got attention and so many plaudits as a Victorian based footballer.

Jono Brown... what kind of player is going to leave a three-peat team?!

And Harry Taylor in the category of those three champions?! WHAT?!

Matthew Richardson played at the MCG every weekend in front of 60,000 people. He also got attention and so many plaudits as a Victorian based footballer.

So what you're saying is that Pav will be a straight swap for Richo in the commentary box. That would be good.

Went on a year too long? The guy has been getting double teamed at the age of 33! All things considered, he's done very well to make it out there and come up and kick a few goals. He's actually done the right thing by the club to continue playing – helping old ******* useless Taberner out, being the only genuine tall option...

The guy is an absolute ornament to Fremantle and WA football history. He should be revered. People say he's up there with Riewoldt but Riewoldt was living in Melbourne and got the accolades. Pav lived in Perth and should've gone back home to Adelaide, instead he stayed loyal and played in so many abysmal teams you wonder how he made it through. The fact he tried so hard on Friday night shows the determination the prick had to go out with a flag... he is the last loyal clubman of the AFL.

I'll miss the guy. Absolute star and one of the only things Freo fans can be consistently proud of.
yeah he played a year too long

Pav is the best Freo player ever IMO. I don't watch them much, but for his whole career, and what he has done for the team, he is the best. Fyfe might take it from him in a couple of years, however. This does seem true, and the book thing has it sealed that he's retiring.

Pav is the best Freo player ever IMO. I don't watch them much, but for his whole career, and what he has done for the team, he is the best. Fyfe might take it from him in a couple of years, however. This does seem true, and the book thing has it sealed that he's retiring.

This is probably true. His only competition is maybe Peter Bell?

Nick Reiwoldt, Boomer Harvey, Dustin Fletcher, Harry Taylor board.

PS.....J Brown and M Richardson were offered huge contracts to leave and stayed loyal.

Basically I'm trying to say stop pissing your pants:)

Even if Fletcher wanted to leave any time after he turned 30 he might not have been picked up. Had a very comfortable existence at Windy Hill.

Errr....I think you missed the point

he is the last loyal clubman of the AFL.

Taylor - got big offers to leave Geelong (after 2011 too)
Brown - big offers to leave Brisbane (well and truly after the threepeat, like 2007 or 2008, so that's irrelevant)
Richardson - could have left to go play in a good side, but tried his heart out year after year
Boomer and Fletcher - 400 games in their one clubs

Not really, I got the point. My point is that by staying, they retained something worth keeping. Paycheque aside, why did Pavlich stay at Freo? What was there for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back