Rumour Pavlich to retire, signed to Channel 7 commentary for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly didnt play a year too long. He was huge early on in the season. He just didn't receive any help. Getting double teamed every week caught up with him. He also wasn't managed as well as he probably should have been.

He'll do a good job on the commentary. Always came across as being a natural when interviewed.
Could be a bit like Bill Lawry in the twelfth man "The final Dig?" Hiding in the commentary box, knocking things over, poking people's eyes out. Let's hope he is better then Ling and moron man mooney

Pav is great, hold him in the highest regard and wish he had a flag to his name- a gentleman on and off the field. Pleasure to watch.
( and yep, went a year too long)

So what you're saying is that Pav will be a straight swap for Richo in the commentary box. That would be good.

Straight swap for Basil Z would be better. Nose for a nose

But if he does retire it will be as a champion. Future hall of Famer, insprirational leader and a good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely didnt go a year too long played very well early then the double teaming wore him down late in the year shame if he retires but happens too everyone.

Sad to say but pav really dropped off this year, it is probably the right time. It happens to everyone at some stage.

Cannot think of a more respected footballer

yep

a true legend. he could only have been better if he played in teal.

Yeah? As longs as he doesn't do a Ling or Harley and try too hard to be impartial.

Its funny you say this.
You make a valid point, but its funny that people dont want impartial but they dont want biased.
Its almost impossible to win.

In the same game this year there were crows fans accusing Roo for barracking for the other team, and opposition supporters saying omg I wish roo wouldnt do crows games hes so biased.

Its funny you say this.
You make a valid point, but its funny that people dont want impartial but they dont want biased.
Its almost impossible to win.

In the same game this year there were crows fans accusing Roo for barracking for the other team, and opposition supporters saying omg I wish roo wouldnt do crows games hes so biased.
I don't want Ling barracking for Geelong (actually I do!) but I don't want him doing the reverse. Several times this year he made calls on reportable incidents almost as though he was saying "See. I can be objective". Harley was worse. Mooney, on the other hand, has found the right balance. You actually believe what he says

I don't want Ling barracking for Geelong (actually I do!) but I don't want him doing the reverse. Several times this year he made calls on reportable incidents almost as though he was saying "See. I can be objective". Harley was worse. Mooney, on the other hand, has found the right balance. You actually believe what he says

I know the feeling.
my dad used to umpire my cricket, and fire me LBW any time the ball hit my pad.
He didnt wanna look like a cheat, plus he was a hard task master and said that if i missed it i deserved to be out.

I spoke to pav at the afl footy festival at yarra park last week. i told him not to retire because the afl needs more guys like him. he seemed pretty happy about my cmment and said thanks champ, really appreciate it. its not much to go by but i reckon hes happy to play on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back