Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Some tough games coming now. Cowboys v Eagles will be a cracker.

I doubt it. I've had two awful realisations today - the first is that the Eagles aren't particularly good, the second is that Dallas probably is very good :(

Vaitai was clearly overwhelmed, but this wasnt on the offence. They went 20+ minutes without even getting on the field!

The defence could not make a stop if their life depended on it, and gave up massive run after massive run.

Vaitai was clearly overwhelmed, but this wasnt on the offence. They went 20+ minutes without even getting on the field!

The defence could not make a stop if their life depended on it, and gave up massive run after massive run.
This Is a major concern for me as we got gouged repeatedly last season with a terrible system... it was not supposed to happen again.

I had this seasons hopes on a top 5 D that can carry a rookie QB & give the run game a chance to manage the TIP, with little risk for Wentz to perform at a high level every game yet still let him be able to take his shots.

It's poor player management. They knew he was going to be suspended. Why didn't they sign an adequate replacement? Already Pedersen is looking mediocre. Plays it safe always in first half and if team doesn't have lead they're stuffed

They covered their bases in a couple of ways. Vaitai was a 5th round pick.

We also had Gardner on the roster on and off who had played RG/RT.

Then there was the expected option of Wis to LG and Barbre to RT where he played at an alright level last year

They covered their bases in a couple of ways. Vaitai was a 5th round pick.

We also had Gardner on the roster on and off who had played RG/RT.

Then there was the expected option of Wis to LG and Barbre to RT where he played at an alright level last year

We have to make that move this week. Wis to LG and Barbre to RT. Concerning Pederson has said we are rolling with Big V against, I worry for Wentz against the Vikings pass rush this week, yikes.

Yeah those long runs were really disappointing, losing Logan did not help.
Pinning the loss on the defense is a bit extreme, they got a pick 6 after all. I understand that is just one play, but its a really huge play. Missing McKelvin really hurts, as we have to play Mills, the 7th rounder.

What lost us the game was not really the number of penalties, but the timing of the penalties, the unfortunate roughing the passer to set up a skins td right before the half and the smallwood block in the back standing out.

We have to make that move this week. Wis to LG and Barbre to RT. Concerning Pederson has said we are rolling with Big V against, I worry for Wentz against the Vikings pass rush this week, yikes.
You have to give it more than 1 week before you go to plan b. Sticking with it will hopefully get him more reps and improvement. It did not help that he was going against their best edge defender. In the 2nd half Petersen started to use the back and the tight end to chip him, which I would assume he will do earlier on moving forward.

On the bright side, another Marcus smith sighting!!!

Will be interesting how many sacks Robison gets against V.

Hopefully the kid improves, because if he doesn't his confidence will be completely shot and will be a tough road back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schwartz has mentioned Barwin isn't playing fresh, so will reduce his snaps in an attempt to get him playing at a higher level.

Reckon anything that gets Curry on the field more is a good move

I think the new QB gloss has well and truly washed off of Wentz. Those first quarter turnovers were brutal.

I think the new QB gloss has well and truly washed off of Wentz. Those first quarter turnovers were brutal.

He's a rookie. Patience.

What would help is if we could establish a running game, or if a receiver could make a catch or two.

s**t, i'd settle for us just not putting him in third and long all the time with stupid penalties.

Well that was unexpected!

I missed the first half (which doesn't sound like a bad thing). The 2nd half we looked alright. Moving the ball on offense is still a concern but that will come.

Our D was outstanding today though, summed up in those massive stops on 3rd/4th and 1. Not to mention Bradford being stalked all game. Was a good performance after a couple of average ones.

Two signature wins.

Couldn't keep my eyes open second half so need to rewatch it. But incredibly impressive display from both our lines.

Gonna watch the condensed version later - must be pretty happy with beating the Vikings.

It was an ugly win however.

Offence was painful. Heap of turnovers.

Got a big leg up with ST TD, and defence just overwhelming the Vikings. Plus Bradford not willing to throw past the sticks

Caught most of the 2nd half live & watched the 1st just now...I am fairly sure 5 consecutive turnovers is a first for me;).

Very nice drive by Wentz in the 3rd quarter - when he puts it together, he makes it look easy despite a couple of ordinary snaps. & really enjoyed him drawing the Ravens D offside when we were planted around the 1 yard line early in the game.

But despite looking very good at times, Ryan Mathews has got to go, enough's enough with these late game fumbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back