Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

I spent this season watching some of you blokes bagging Schwarz thinking "nah, it's an injury/depth problem, not a coaching one."

But those of you who were criticising him were right all along. We had the full team on the field today, we were playing a journeyman QB - albeit one who is probe to lights out games - and there wasn't a moment during that second half that I thought we were going to produce a stop.

I dunno what the answer is, but we're not going to be able to turn that SB squad into a repeat winner. We've got some handy pieces - Wentz, Johnson, Cox, Darby - but this isn't a top up situation. This is hang onto your best 7-8 and blow the rest up.

I guess the positive about the Howard injury is that it's been the making of Sanders. We haven't looked like a team who was going to have a bell cow under Pedersen, but I think Sanders could be that guy.

very well summed up.
eagles were up 28-14 and couldve/shouldve put the game away on offense by tiring out the Fins D on the ground.

We absolutely should have run more- but this misleads a bit.

We went up by 14, they immediately answered. Then on our next drive- Ertz drops a catch that would have given us first and goal from the three. Wentz is sacked on third down, we miss a field goal. The sole problem with that is that Ertz dropped a wide open catch he got both his hands to.

I spent this season watching some of you blokes bagging Schwarz thinking "nah, it's an injury/depth problem, not a coaching one."

But those of you who were criticising him were right all along. We had the full team on the field today, we were playing a journeyman QB - albeit one who is probe to lights out games - and there wasn't a moment during that second half that I thought we were going to produce a stop.

I dunno what the answer is, but we're not going to be able to turn that SB squad into a repeat winner. We've got some handy pieces - Wentz, Johnson, Cox, Darby - but this isn't a top up situation. This is hang onto your best 7-8 and blow the rest up.

I guess the positive about the Howard injury is that it's been the making of Sanders. We haven't looked like a team who was going to have a bell cow under Pedersen, but I think Sanders could be that guy.

I genuinely can't remember the last time we did something on defence that confused a quarterback, or produced anything schematically that suggested we'd had some advantage in game planning or strategy that would give us an edge. We turn up and do the same things week after week- sometimes the opposition isnt good enough, but on days like today where the QB just hits the open man- and there's always an open man- we get killed.

Having said that- it shouldnt have been a massive suprise. The defence has always been far far better at home than away during this era.

I recently posted I wasn't convinced by the defences recent form & previous to that also posted that Schwartz is a fraud & has been for a long time now. This team won't go anywhere without major coaching changes.

Hollins has been cut. Finally. Definite scapegoat.

Also insider has said that unless we make a playoff run there will be plenty of coaching changes.

Bring in Rivera as DC I would be all around

Reckon if Nagy got fired it could be a shout. Reckon Doug would only give it to someone he's familiar with

Team is cooked, everyone is dropping like flies. Hopefully they don’t win another game this season.

Offence did what it had to to win in the end so there's that. Maybe the making of Boston Scott, smart player with some jets. Ward & Perkins standup when needed, kudos to them. Down to 1 fit WR on the roster, what a ******* joke this fitness staff are.

& love ya BG:D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perkins also played plenty of WR as they were running out of players. There was a quote from I think Rueben Frank that Josh McCown even swaped his QB helmet for a regular helmet in case someone else went down.

P.S. If the 1 fit WR you are referring to rumply was Ward, he was seen limping after the game also

We suck, but it was good fun watching us grind out a win while going deep into the playbook, and deep into depth chart with guys like Scott, Perkins, Arcega-Whiteside and Ward.

I might even delve into the All-22 film this week, cos Vaitai seemed to have a great night as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought Perkins and Ward were very good. Think they got separation and didn't drop any passes. Scott also excellent in 2nd half. Saved the season really.

Now got to get the W next week and hope Dallas loses. That would mean a W over Dallas wins the division and makes week 17 meaningless

We suck, but it was good fun watching us grind out a win while going deep into the playbook, and deep into depth chart with guys like Scott, Perkins, Arcega-Whiteside and Ward.

I might even delve into the All-22 film this week, cos Vaitai seemed to have a great night as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope you're being sarcastic here?

Sanders has proven he can catch a reasonable pass or two as well as digging in on the running game.

Will come down to how well ErtzAndGoedes go at TE plus (much more importantly) how well our LBs and patchwork DBs do against a Washington run that lacks what Guice has given them in the last few weeks - so sad to see such a good young player go down to injury yet again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back