Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

There aren't a lot of things that we should be grateful to Chip Kelly for, but my god we owe him for hiring Stoutland.

So much about that superbowl run and rebuilding our team in the time that we have can be attributed to him. I mean, my god, people often forget that we lost our franchise LT as much as our QB that year.

That we plug in guys when we have key injuries and it's rarely a cliff drop off in performance is such an advantage.

There aren't a lot of things that we should be grateful to Chip Kelly for, but my god we owe him for hiring Stoutland.

So much about that superbowl run and rebuilding our team in the time that we have can be attributed to him. I mean, my god, people often forget that we lost our franchise LT as much as our QB that year.

That we plug in guys when we have key injuries and it's rarely a cliff drop off in performance is such an advantage.

Yep, the Oline hardly missed a beat after Mailata went down. Stoutland can take any half decent talent & turn them into more than serviceable NFL calibre players, guy is a freak.

I quite enjoyed todays game, simply for the reason that I've long believed the measure of a really good team (in any sport) is how they persist, bounce back and hopefully win despite not playing ver well. I thought we were ordinary today. Sanders might've played his best game for the Eagles, and Bradbery and Reddick were really good on defence - but for the most part, I think we pulled out a result today despite not playing very well. Which at the end of the day is a positve.

Happy memories seeing the Jets pull off the Philly Special today exactly how the Eagles drew it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was probably the worst draft class I’ve seen in my 20 years following nfl. You could argue that we got the only player out of that top 10 really worth drafting on the first 2 days.

Hard not to be confident in Arizona. Arguably our toughest test so far though.

Our fixtures are bloody soft haha
not as soft as we thought before the season started though. Lions and Jags are much better teams than last season.

Don't want to jinx anything by looking up the last time the birds started 5&0, it's great fun having something football wise to look forward to esp as an Essendon tragic😂.
Was 2004. Supa Buwl appearance ensued.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back