Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same here ... I was really disappointed we missed out on Smith & Caldwell with our second pick. I really expected the Crows to pick Hately, which probably would have pushed him to us. So what about Butters? Is the Robbie Gray interest just a bit of hype? Well looking at his extended highlights, you can see some really exciting bits of play ... Robbie Gray-like in fact! I just edited a few of the clever things he as done, but take a note of the last few seconds - BLINK, and you will miss what he does!

He will end up being the Wingard replacement IMO

Wow, movement in the first bit of play was fantastic.

There’s a lot to like. He regularly wills himself into the play which is fantastic given that we have other players who lazily fall out of the game for long periods (Motlop especially). Got himself into trouble a couple of times by playing on from a stop ball situation, but was by far and away our most energetic contributor.

Looked great and if he can back it up Robbie Gray is a pretty good judge of talant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hnnnnnnng
bd9c17552875c7798b6f1c5053733b16.jpg

Really liked his game, impressive and I think definitely adds immediate value to our best 22.

Saying he was as good as Walsh was though is having a bit of a lend.

Really liked his game, impressive and I think definitely adds immediate value to our best 22.

Saying he was as good as Walsh was though is having a bit of a lend.

It’s not every day a player gets the endorsement of Port Adelaide star Robbie Gray before being selected.
Zac Butters, who did enough with his eight TAC cup games, and his performance at the AFL Under 18 National Championships to impress the Power’s three-time club champion and four-time All-Australian.
Robbie saw his potential, looks like Robbie was correct.
Think we have a very good player here. :thumbsu:

It’s not every day a player gets the endorsement of Port Adelaide star Robbie Gray before being selected.
Zac Butters, who did enough with his eight TAC cup games, and his performance at the AFL Under 18 National Championships to impress the Power’s three-time club champion and four-time All-Australian.
Robbie saw his potential, looks like Robbie was correct.
Think we have a very good player here. :thumbsu:
Robbie clearly knows talent when he sees it. We should give him a job in our list management team when he retires, if that's something he would be interested in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back