Player Watch Pick #52 (2013) - Darcy Byrne-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

I get rhyming slang, but what is a woofter? On a search it appears just to be the word NTTAWWTter with a w instead of a p? Not only is it horribly homophobic rhyming slang, it's not in the least bit creative.

I always thought it was a clunky reference to a dog. Either way it's s**t and should be jettisoned from the lexicon.

It's certainly official warning material

I get rhyming slang, but what is a woofter? On a search it appears just to be the word NTTAWWTter with a w instead of a p? Not only is it horribly homophobic rhyming slang, it's not in the least bit creative.

It's so simperingly, mortifyingly idiotic, the terminology alone is actually more offensive to me than the homophobia.

The more I think about this, the more I think it warrants a complaint to the station!

Its little wonder that there hasn't been any AFL players "come out" with stains like Steven Rowe in the media!

This is beyond his usual Crow biased opinions, I would be just as upset if the interview was with any Crow player - it's flat out inappropriate!

This clown needs to be removed from the airways.

Edit... * it - 84191395 is 5aa's reception number if anyone else feels like making it officially a complaint... As I just did!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cockneys are all campaigners.

People reckon we live in a politically correct society but guys like Stephen Rowe and Brian Taylor can get away with calling people NTTAWWTters on live broadcasts.

I think you under estimate how much that word was used in the 70s and 80s just in casual language.

I think you under estimate how much that word was used in the 70s and 80s just in casual language.
No, I know. I read the book Don Dunstan: Intimacy and Liberty a few months ago, which goes into a lot of detail about the history of homosexuality in Australian and particularly South Australian culture throughout the 20th century. Made me sick to the stomach reading it. The word still gets thrown around at local football clubs.

The fact that it can still be used for zero consequences by national broadcasters is shithouse.

I have friends who still reckon it's alright to throw around the word 'faggot' or 'f**' as a general insult. When I was in school it was one of those default insults in the way that flog seems to have ascended as the default insult among football fans.

No, I know. I read the book Don Dunstan: Intimacy and Liberty a few months ago, which goes into a lot of detail about the history of homosexuality in Australian and particularly South Australian culture throughout the 20th century. Made me sick to the stomach reading it. The word still gets thrown around at local football clubs.

The fact that it can still be used for zero consequences by national broadcasters is shithouse.

I have friends who still reckon it's alright to throw around the word '******' or 'f**' as a general insult. When I was in school it was one of those default insults in the way that flog seems to have ascended as the default insult among football fans.

Unless they are in fact tying a bundle of sticks together that they intend to use for fuel then they have no excuse for using that word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back