Traded Picks 2, 20, 72 for Dom Tyson, Picks 9 and 53

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with this deal. Tyson had a couple of injury concerns in first 2 years but will be right to go come pre season. Quality mid in the making. Also pick 2 just wasn't as valuable this year. So the swap for Tyson znd upgrade of 20 to 9 works for me. Should be able to pick some talent there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You must be one of those rare people who believe that some form of balance, fairness and equality exists in the AFL.... Kudos sir, kudos..... Most of us lost the faith years and years ago....

I don't blame you, and I am with you now.

The AFL is no longer a sport. It is just a toy for Vlad the Fat Controller to reward those he likes, and shaft those he does not.

We won the flag this year which was a great achievement. Now I would like to take the premoership Cup, go around to Vlad's house, and insert it...

GWS big winners

Dom Tyson when they were asking for Luke Shuey + Rory Sloane is a huge drop.

The difference between pick 2 and 9 is enormous this draft. Biggest gulf in recent times
They were never asking for Sloane for christ sake. He just won our B&F, and is under contract. The only reason the rumour is out there is because Roo put out an article during the year saying Sloane could be an expendable player, and he was laughed at for it because it was a rubbish article. He even admitted it was a silly thing to write. Shiel, Shuey and Rockliff seem like the three they inquired about, but they were never a realistic chance to get any of them.

They were never asking for Sloane for christ sake. He just won our B&F, and is under contract. The only reason the rumour is out there is because Roo put out an article during the year saying Sloane could be an expendable player, and he was laughed at for it because it was a rubbish article. He even admitted it was a silly thing to write. Shiel, Shuey and Rockliff seem like the three they inquired about, but they were never a realistic chance to get any of them.
Sloane may have won your B+F but he's not vastly superior to those other 3. I'd say he'd be inferior to Rockliff but I'm a Rocky fan. That said asking for any of those 4 was a 30 second conversation in terms of clubs. We would've tried speaking to their managers to find out if any of them were grossly home sick and desperate to come home for that or any other reason and offered their manager big cash and put pick 2 up. But it seems none of them were although Shiel will be one to watch there might be something there.

At the end of the day pick 2 is really only tradeable as a pick downgrade unless you have a guy desperate to come home. So we went for the pick downgrade from 2 to 9 method (or upgrade from 20 to 9 if you see it that way).

Either way it's a pretty clean cut deal. Sit back in 10 years time and see who had the better careers pick 2 and 20 or pick 9 and Tyson. With all that in mind if its a draw long term then Melbourne will be very happy because we need immediate impact. Obviously asking 13 gamer in his 3rd year for immediate impact is a big call but he should at least play some decent games at a minimum.

So GWS is just a feeder club. Build up a bank of early draft picks, play them for 2-4 years, then trade them for early draft picks. And the cycle continues. Wow !

Sloane may have won your B+F but he's not vastly superior to those other 3. I'd say he'd be inferior to Rockliff but I'm a Rocky fan. That said asking for any of those 4 was a 30 second conversation in terms of clubs. We would've tried speaking to their managers to find out if any of them were grossly home sick and desperate to come home for that or any other reason and offered their manager big cash and put pick 2 up. But it seems none of them were although Shiel will be one to watch there might be something there.

At the end of the day pick 2 is really only tradeable as a pick downgrade unless you have a guy desperate to come home. So we went for the pick downgrade from 2 to 9 method (or upgrade from 20 to 9 if you see it that way).

Either way it's a pretty clean cut deal. Sit back in 10 years time and see who had the better careers pick 2 and 20 or pick 9 and Tyson. With all that in mind if its a draw long term then Melbourne will be very happy because we need immediate impact. Obviously asking 13 gamer in his 3rd year for immediate impact is a big call but he should at least play some decent games at a minimum.

This has made me think, is there anything that stops a club slipping a manager some money under the table to help sway their player to come to that club? Not that Melbourne have the funds for this

So GWS is just a feeder club. Build up a bank of early draft picks, play them for 2-4 years, then trade them for early draft picks. And the cycle continues. Wow !

With the ridiculous amount of talent on GWS this was bound to happen with a few players, especially those not playing regularly. They have still retained many many young players who will have very strong careers. And it looks like they will be getting a seasoned player for Adams, which is what they need really. So I disagree they are a feeder club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS big winners

Dom Tyson when they were asking for Luke Shuey + Rory Sloane is a huge drop.

The difference between pick 2 and 9 is enormous this draft. Biggest gulf in recent times
apparently not, lets not ignore pick 8 is ignored, the draft in the top 10 is evenish ive read

I'm torn on this, knowing Dom personally, I'm stoked for him that he can come back to Melbourne. But surely they could have enticed a big name player to their club for pick 2?

GWS would be happy as Larry, they cut their losses from using pick 3 on Tyson in 2011, and get to have another crack sat drafting a young gun who wants to stay.
clubs kept saying no, wce footy manager said they blocked it, not the player

Oh dear! Did they get spooked by the pressure of maybe stuffing up pick 2?

Taking such a risk on a player who has been injured for most of his AFL career. You wonder if he has actually done a proper pre-season at all.

GWS must know something to flick him across like that.

What madness drove the Demons to do that deal. They've done some really crazy deals in the last couple of years.

Would you take cotchin? Hasn't done a complete full preseason yet.

Are you familiar with the player at all?

He's a goal kicking midfielder, not to mention a clearance machine. He has grunt and silk to match. Injury is what has held him held him back, that is the concern, not his ability. If anything "beggars belief", it is your bizarre underselling of a player of Tyson's quality. No power? Look at the rig on the kid.

Relieved and happy at this trade. The Bugg/Buntine option being floated had me very worried. 2014 will be another development year but things should start to gel from there.

You are kidding yourself if you think he is a clearance machine. He Kicked 15 goals in 24 games in the TAC Cup. Come on mate. I saw many of his TAC Cup and championship games. He is clever and a good decision maker but as GWS have found his game has shortfalls.

You are kidding yourself if you think he is a clearance machine. He Kicked 15 goals in 24 games in the TAC Cup. Come on mate. I saw many of his TAC Cup and championship games. He is clever and a good decision maker but as GWS have found his game has shortfalls.
Look at his reel - http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-10-18/demons-land-giant-recruit

We don't have anyone other than Jones that can work their way through traffic like that.

I know the done thing on bigfooty is for the peanut gallery to put a negative spin on every single trade, but I'm pretty happy with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back