Places in Australia you'd least like to be stranded in

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Asgardian
Keith, SA

to be a local in this town you need 5 generations buried in the local cemetary, very "cliquey"

Drove through there! T'was yuck!!

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Any highway in the NT doesn't look particularly appealling at the moment!

LOL nice one mate.
heheh

anyway im going kidnapper hunting

Theres half a million up for grabs, or something like that

Now i havta be vewwwy vewwwy qwiet becaoz i dont wanna wake up the wabbit. :p

I should go to sleep, No?

Barrow Creek, NT - Nothing to do with the kidnapping at all.

Its just not a place i liked.

Anyone whos ever made the trip from Alice to Darwin or vice-versa woulda been there. Its not too far from the Devil's Marbles, but i guess i was put off when i first went there when i was like 6, and stuck in the car, while my dad was taking a piss, and all these people came out from everywhere, coverging on the car.

No it wasn't an episode of the X-Files.

hehehhe

Some suburbs in Sydney i wouldn't feel safe in after dark. Not to sure about Melbourne.

But otherwise, i don't mind be stranded. I guess living in Darwin, you get used to it. :D

no argument here...........Elizabeth is a sh*t place. Not quite as bad as Macca would have you believe but it isn't pretty. However to say the people there are all feral and drug addicted is pathetic. Got a wide experience of the northern suburbs then have we? If you made a generalisation like that about a race you'd be crucified, but you can say it about people in a region I guess heh?

Actually I honestly don't care...my suburb got rated nicest in Adelaide two weeks ago in the Tiser :D

Originally posted by CDFCLad
no argument here...........Elizabeth is a sh*t place. Not quite as bad as Macca would have you believe but it isn't pretty. However to say the people there are all feral and drug addicted is pathetic. Got a wide experience of the northern suburbs then have we? If you made a generalisation like that about a race you'd be crucified, but you can say it about people in a region I guess heh?

Actually I honestly don't care...my suburb got rated nicest in Adelaide two weeks ago in the Tiser :D

I agree with you comments CDFCLad, but that's our mate Macca for ya. Leads with his chin sometimes, but he's not afraid to say what he thinks.;)

Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel
However Cairns is lovely, Townsville, on the other hand, is easily the nastiest little town I've ever been to.

cheers

BSA, you must have had some freakin' lunatic with a blue singlet, beer gut and XXXX State of Origin Tattoo kick three colours of blood out of you, for you to have that opinion of Townsville!!!

Townsville is f*ckin' beautiful! Sure the mall can be a bit rough, but even from there you can almost torp a footy into the Whitsundays!

I was up there two years ago and I found myself laughing at every one else in Melbourne (raining of course), as I strolled down The Strand looking at scrumdidlyumtious babes sunning themselves on the white sandy foreshore, looking out at the most outstanding light blue water!

Magnetic Island is a $6 ferry ride away and is pub-city and is also paradise!

Then there is this waterfall up in the hills...mate P A R A D I S E!!!

You must be talking about somewhere else! I'm sure of it!!!

Originally posted by Macca19
Elizabeth - rated the worst place in australia.
About an hour out of adelaide.
If you would ever name street names which would suit a town you would have "Cocaine Ct, Heroin St, Brothel Bvd, 10 year old junkie Rd" etc etc

absolute hole in every sense of the word. The people up there are feral - all drug addicts or criminals. Dont leave your car for more than 5 minutes otherwise you might find the only thing left is the frame.

well well well. That's a very interesting stereotype to draw of many people in that area from a person who could well be stereotyped as a drunken metal head Port Adeladie thug (I say seterotyped as you have admitted you like dirnking metal music and port adelaide fc - a lethal comobination in the minds of some).

There are many good people that live in Elizabeth and that post just shows your ignorance.

DO you actually hang out there or did you just make that up based on cliches and perceptions??????

Its great coping a bagging on here when you say stupid stuff(as I do all the time) but when you say things like that about which you are clearly serious it really is poor form.

I think you should grow up Macca. Why did it not surprise me that Blues Brat agreeed with you.

It seems my inital judgments about you two were correct.

But then again - you may have been joking.

Cheers
Jars

Jars...what is your point and/or problem??
Port supporters get stereotyped all the time aobut a lot of things:
1) We always bring up are SANFL premierships
2) We dont know the difference between the Power and Magpies (i do not know 1 person who has ever got them mixed up)
3) We are all yobbos on the dole or with blue collar jobs, who have an average IQ of about 65 who are also alcoholics and addicted to 1 or many different narcotics

Are they true?? No they are not. Sure maybe 1 or 2 people fit the aboue mold, but you could pick 2 or 3 people from every footy clubs supporters that fit the above mold.

Elizabeth was rated the worst place to live in Australia - FACT. And i have to say i agree. Ive been up there a few times...one of my ex girlfriends used to live at Golden Grove which isnt very far away at all (she was slightly normal tho) and the place is a dump, i find the people to be shocking.

And i stand by my comment of not leaving your car alone for 5 minutes as it, or most of it wont be there when you return.

Originally posted by Macca19
Jars...what is your point and/or problem??
Port supporters get stereotyped all the time aobut a lot of things:
1) We always bring up are SANFL premierships
2) We dont know the difference between the Power and Magpies (i do not know 1 person who has ever got them mixed up)
3) We are all yobbos on the dole or with blue collar jobs, who have an average IQ of about 65 who are also alcoholics and addicted to 1 or many different narcotics

Are they true?? No they are not. Sure maybe 1 or 2 people fit the aboue mold, but you could pick 2 or 3 people from every footy clubs supporters that fit the above mold.

That's exactly my point.

you would not be happy to be sterotyped as such yet you do the same to a far worse degree to Elizabeth.

Golden Grove is a very different place from Elizabeth.

I think Port01 would agree with me on that one.

You were very harsh on Elizabeth, that's all I am saying.

Swimming centre up there is great.

Sydney, no question.
Nice place to visit, sh1te place to live.

"they" will probably revoke my South Australian-ness for this but....If I couldn't live in Adelaide, it'd have to be Melbourne. Pisses all over Sydney in that little "lets flop em out and check sizes" thing they've got goin on.

Number 2 on the Sh1te list is anywhere in america. Sorry to any seppos trawling the boards but couldn't stand to live there. (that doesn't mean that the people there aren't friendly BTW)

I'm originally from Golden Grove, didn't it win best suburb in OZ a couple of years back (in the category of build it from scratch). My point being is that yes, Elizabeth is a pube on the pie crust of humanity, and if I ever felt the urge to uggies, stonewashed skintight jeans and a flannie in public I could do it there and blend right in. My olds told me many years ago that it used to be the kind of place that Golden Grove is now. They said it all went pear shaped when the people that originally moved there could afford to move out did so and the gumment replaced them with housing trust. Christ, hope that never happens to the Grove.

Agree with Macca here

Elizabeth is the worst place in the world!!!!

The ppl are all junkies, prosti's, and the area can be mistaken with a rubbish dump.

Polluted, Isolated, pathetic

Elizabeth - worst place in the world!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elizabeth is easily the worst place I have ever been to.

Before last week I had never been there, and it has certainly left a lasting impression on me, for all the wrong reasons.

We trained it there from the city, and we had to travel through miles of absolute nothingness to get there. When we finally did get there, (we got off at Elizabeth South station), we were greeted with the most disgusting train station I have ever seen. The smell of urine made me actually dry reach at one point, it was that potent... and that's no exaggeration either, it was absolutely sickening. Add to that the graffiti, the beaten up look of it, and the fact that you almost needed a torch to make it through, and you have a pretty nasty combination.

Next, we had the journey from the train station to the ground. It was like travelling through the bronx. Obviously not all people from LZBF are like this, but many of the people we saw on our journey... were basically feral. Ripped clothes, dirty hair... they just looked unkept. Many of the houses had broken windows and were beaten up within an inch of their lives.

After being abused basically non-stop for the entire time we were at the ground itself, it made for a day to remember. Even as we left, a couple of Centrals bogans yelled out "How many Souff supporters showed up today, 4? Long way back to Nowunga isn't it?". I don't remember seeing them at Noarlunga Oval... maybe they should try it sometime.

I'm from down south obviously, and we've got a reputation of supposedly being feral, but LZBF makes Noarlunga look like Burnside. I mean down here, Christies Beach, Hackham etc have a reputation as being shockers, but when you look at Elizabeth... whoa... they look pretty f*cking good in comparison.

So yeah... Elizabeth... worst place in Australia - disgraceful.

When was the last time that South played there? Usually the league schedule games between South and Central at Adelaide Oval.

The Perth equivalent of Elizabeth is a suburb called Balga, fortunately there is no football venue there.

Last week... we played them at Adelaide Oval earlier in the year, and at Noarlunga last year. (the week I went to Melbourne with Anne, and we got up and f*cking won... not happy)

RABY in the western suburbs of sydney - arsehole of the planet

ORANGE - dont even talk about there. just not my place

PARLIAMENT HOUSE without a gun

TULOPIA STREET Lakemba - not a fun place to be unless you've got 10 tubs of gel through your hair

BANGALOW STATE FOREST - just be a little nervous (even if hes behind bars)

Originally posted by QT
Agree with Macca here

Elizabeth is the worst place in the world!!!!

The ppl are all junkies, prosti's, and the area can be mistaken with a rubbish dump.

Polluted, Isolated, pathetic

Elizabeth - worst place in the world!

QT at 16 years old you should know nothing about prostitutes and junkies

You are far too young to be making such generalised statements.

Football Park at Power home games is a far worse place than Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Jars458

QT at 16 years old you should know nothing about prostitutes and junkies

You are far too young to be making such generalised statements.

Football Park at Power home games is a far worse place than Elizabeth.

Defending Lizbeff as a place to live is like saying Saddam Hussein isn't such a bad guy.

The whole area should be walled off and high security gates should be installed. They could sell tickets at the gate, sort of like a safari park "Come see the genetic throwbacks!".... "Stay in your cars, its not safe to get out!".... "If you drive too slow the natives will take pieces of your car!".. etc. I'm sure David Attenborough would find it fascinating if he did a doco on the place, but I'm not sure he could describe it as 'life'. :D

My pick would be Melbourne. Everytime I've been to Melbourne it looks cold, dreary and decaying. I'm sure Satan lives in Melbourne because it looks like the gateway to Hell.

Also, Melbournians keep saying Canberra is a Public Servant Town, yet Melbourne has more Public Servants.

'Elizabeth was rated the worst place to live in Australia - FACT. '

Ok......when was this determined? Proof please. Show me, and I'll believe it until then it's just hearsay. Not withstanding that 7 out of the top 10 suburbs in Adelaide living below the poverty line are in the Western Suburbs. Want proof of this: Go to the Sociology Department at Flinders Uni.

'And i stand by my comment of not leaving your car alone for 5 minutes as it, or most of it wont be there when you return.'

My family and I have parked our cars across from the aquadome for nigh on 15 years for Centrals matches, and have never had so much as a graze inflicted on them.

Final point: Hillbank is an enclave of Elizabeth, it's a very expensive suburb and I doubt many of us could afford to buy a house there. Obviously they are all Bronxies who take drugs and steal cars. What an unbelievable load of stereotypes have been portrayed here.

Originally posted by DEVO
My pick would be Melbourne. Everytime I've been to Melbourne it looks cold, dreary and decaying. I'm sure Satan lives in Melbourne because it looks like the gateway to Hell.

Also, Melbournians keep saying Canberra is a Public Servant Town, yet Melbourne has more Public Servants.

Not that we're bitter or anything....:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back