List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They didn't succeeed, largely because they went for the wrong guys on or off the field (how handy would Lovett have been in the 2010 GF?) but the point is they saw their opportunity and went for broke.

Following your logic; The clubs I mentioned in my previous post ( close to a premiership ) made a massive blunder by not signing Sylvia - They should have pulled out all stops - Players like Sylvia don't win you premierships.

crameri set to sign on for another 3 - 4 much loved at efc
tbel set to sign to in further good sign
next is hardy licha colyer nob fletch
gumby pears jetta possibly trade bait
club will go after at least 2 of gartlett dal sylvia yarran
upgrade steinberg dalgliesh dell

Assuming this is right that means that we have lost

Davis
Hille
NLM

from the primary list.

Upgrade Steinberg/Dalgleish/Dell - That means those three spots are filled.

Assume that we get three draft picks in total for Gumby/Pears/jetta - That means 3 spots for new players.

This is assuming that the remaining players including Crameri stay.

Does this sound right ?

And it also means 4 new rookies.

Congratulations to Steinberg if upgraded. Has come a long way since his first year in the system. I suspect that other clubs have offered him a spot on the primary list.

ST KILDA is chasing contracted Essendon midfielder David Myers with the offer of serious centre-square action.
The Saints are one of a number of clubs pursuing Myers, who is unhappy with the lack of midfield time at Essendon.
Essendon wants to keep the former no. 6 draft pick, but is also keen to trade back into the draft after losing its first two picks through the supplements scandal.
Myers has one more year on his contract but the opportunities promised for sustained midfield time have not eventuated.
Essendon does not want to lose midfielders but given it does not have a first or second-round draft pick it might need to make a hard call on a player of the ilk of Myers.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/es...tom-bellchambers/story-fnfll94y-1226721181607

*Insert Myers.gif here*

Lack of midfield time? Where has he been playing exactly? Piss off Ralph.. I've just about had enough of trade rumors already...

was just gonna say, what an absolute sack of s**t.

When he's fit, he plays AFL, in the midfield. he's not jumping s**t into an absolute shitbox just so he can play equitable midifeld time in a significantly worse side.

ST KILDA is chasing contracted Essendon midfielder David Myers with the offer of serious centre-square action.
The Saints are one of a number of clubs pursuing Myers, who is unhappy with the lack of midfield time at Essendon.
Essendon wants to keep the former no. 6 draft pick, but is also keen to trade back into the draft after losing its first two picks through the supplements scandal.
Myers has one more year on his contract but the opportunities promised for sustained midfield time have not eventuated.
Essendon does not want to lose midfielders but given it does not have a first or second-round draft pick it might need to make a hard call on a player of the ilk of Myers.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/es...tom-bellchambers/story-fnfll94y-1226721181607

Myers will get more time in the middle next season because Goddard and Stanton will spend more time on the wing/flanks imo

Don't want to trade him (Myers) especially since he's a former number 6 pick and we wouldn't get anywhere near that for him but what do you think he's worth? And what would you be happy to take for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a cheap Didak in the pocket for a couple of years a terrible idea..? We'd have to smack the Collingwood out of him but he'd be more than capable of filling our small forward void as we enter our premiership window.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/de...-ever-to-play-on/story-fni5f6hd-1226721211136

LOL Didak is well and truly past it, I sincerely doubt any clubs would be thick enough to take the punt on him. At the absolute most he's got 1 year left in him, but for mine he is no longer good enough to play consistently at the top level. All introducing him to the side would do is having another small forward who is in one week and out the next (as per Jetta and Davey).

LOL Didak is well and truly past it, I sincerely doubt any clubs would be thick enough to take the punt on him. At the absolute most he's got 1 year left in him, but for mine he is no longer good enough to play consistently at the top level. All introducing him to the side would do is having another small forward who is in one week and out the next (as per Jetta and Davey).

He averaged 7 possessions a quarter this year in the AFL so to compare him to Davey and Jetta is just naive. He has struggled with injury at times this year but still posted solid numbers in the VFL and made an impact when played in the seniors. It may not be my finest of ideas but it's nothing to be LOL'd at.

HAHAHAHAHA. Myers is not going anywhere.

Bless.

Anyone who would even think for a split second that Myers is unhappy and would be looking at a trade are delusional.

If you look back at any win this season with him playing, he would have to be one of the most exhilerated and passionate people on the ground when the siren goes and is the one who would go close to singing the song the loudest in every post game huddle.

An incredibly passionate Essendon man who bleeds red and black *insert Myers gif here*.

Blind Freddy could see he isn't going anywhere.

End of discussion.

He averaged 7 possessions a quarter this year in the AFL so to compare him to Davey and Jetta is just naive. He has struggled with injury at times this year but still posted solid numbers in the VFL and made an impact when played in the seniors. It may not be my finest of ideas but it's nothing to be LOL'd at.

He did not average 7 possessions a quarter at all, if you'd looked at his stats he played in 5 games this year and averaged 17 disposals a game, which is admittedly decent but he only kicked 3 goals. We do not need an old player who would only last another year at the most, as essentially that just someone taking up cap/list space that could be used for someone younger and for a longer term.

Agree with Sosa.

Crazy to lose Myers after his rate of improvement in 2013.

Anyway he is contracted and we can play hardball.

With respect, you guys cannot afford to play hardball. If you want draft picks you will have to cough up big time... if. At best you might get a 2nd rounder for him.

Cheers.

He did not average 7 possessions a quarter at all, if you'd looked at his stats he played in 5 games this year and averaged 17 disposals a game, which is admittedly decent but he only kicked 3 goals. We do not need an old player who would only last another year at the most, as essentially that just someone taking up cap/list space that could be used for someone younger and for a longer term.

He played 3 of those 5 as the sub, so yes he did average 7 a quarter. I just don't understand why you have this ignorant belief that he's past it that's all, Buckley and him obviously just don't see eye to eye as his form warranted more opportunity in the ones but Buckley chose to play Dwyer, Elliott and the like. Regarding cap space, as a delisted player he would come very cheap. I don't see us picking him up but I believe it's something our recruiters would be considering.

With respect, you guys cannot afford to play hardball. If you want draft picks you will have to cough up big time... if. At best you might get a 2nd rounder for him.

Cheers.

Myers won't be going anywhere.

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back