List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So apparently Terry Wallet has come out today and said that we don't have the depth or players to make top 8 next year and we'll go backwards significantly. To anyone that actually listened, is there any truth to this?

disagree.
In defence, we have Fletcher, Carlisle, Hooker, Pears, Hibberd, Baguley, Hardingham, Dempsey and Dalgleish and Van Unen coming through the ranks. Hurley, Heppell, Goddard, Ryder and Myers all adept at playing defence.

Middle: Watson, Goddard, Myers, Stanton, Hocking, Melksham, Zaharakis, Howlett, Kavanagh, with Chapman coming in and Jetta, Kommer and Colyer available as options

Rucks: Bellchambers, Ryder, Daniher.

Forwards: Hurley, Daniher, Ryder, Bellchambers and Carlisle all options as talls. Plenty of mids to rest with the new interchange rules.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the possibility of luring Shaun Edwards, wouldn't mind seeing him running around for us next year. Could compensate for losing our draft picks as he's only about 19 years old and has genuine potential.
None of us really know much, if anything, about him. And it appears he will be a Crow anyway.

Melbourne signs Daniel Cross..

So Roo's has gone out and signed an entirely new midfield.. says a lot about his opinion of the list..

I don't think this could be further from the truth. He's brought in experienced heads to fill the void which was crippling the development of guys like Trengove and would have been a massive problem for Toumpas and Viney next year.

With Cross and Vince in there with Jones, maybe Michie and a motivated Tapscott, Matt Jones and maybe Magner they've got some bodies to go in there and win the ball and take the heat off the youngsters giving them time to find their feet. Clearly the class is going to come from the young brigade and it will take a while but Trengove, Viney, Toumpas, Tyson and Watts is a pretty darn good start.

Still a long way to go but things already looking much better. Reckon things will turn quickly from here.

We are in the hunt for Top 4 as a minimum..

We will have kept the bulk of a list that went through the season from Hell basically in 2-4th spot.. and we have added Chapman for the loss of Crameri..

Add to that another year for guys like Melksham, Daniher, Hurley, Carlisle, Hooker, Hibberd... Winderlich being fit from day 1.. Hopefully Watson not doing another injury in the middle of our toughest month..

No way we go backwards..

Going a bit early saying Winders fit from day 1....

I don't think this could be further from the truth. He's brought in experienced heads to fill the void which was crippling the development of guys like Trengove and would have been a massive problem for Toumpas and Viney next year.

With Cross and Vince in there with Jones, maybe Michie and a motivated Tapscott, Matt Jones and maybe Magner they've got some bodies to go in there and win the ball and take the heat off the youngsters giving them time to find their feet. Clearly the class is going to come from the young brigade and it will take a while but Trengove, Viney, Toumpas, Tyson and Watts is a pretty darn good start.

Still a long way to go but things already looking much better. Reckon things will turn quickly from here.

And hogan, Crawley, Mitch Clarke they have something to build on, oh plus a pretty good coach that knows how to coach.

Just wondering, does anyone know what is going on with Clothier?

not sure, we haven't nominated him, but we don't really have to, since scholarships don't have a bidding system.

Looks like we'll pass though, if anything, we'll grab him as a rookie

Reading in the herald sun that bulldogs offering pick 26 and 42 for crameri and 48 but we've said no because we want to us 48 in a trade to gws for a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do
guessing gws intend to on-trade 48 to the swans for lamb. they don't have any other use for 48
you reckon this means where front runners for this Edwards bloke or some other no name who no one knows anything about? If we get pick 55 for gumby why not just upgrade that to 42 :D

guessing gws intend to on-trade 48 to the swans for lamb. they don't have any other use for 48

Lamb is leaving sydney? I thought I heard he signed on again

Well why upgrade 48 to 42 if there willing to take 48? And try and squeeze something else out. That what it looks like we are doing...
Possibly pick 55 to 42
Yeah if 48 gets it done, now I get it!

i thought the idea was that we would just take him as a regular draft selection, so in theory he could be taken earlier.

I reckon there's a fair chance Jake will play very little footy next year in an attempt to hide him.

I wouldn't worry about Jake. A player must nominate for the draft. We could ask him to play for our VFL team in 2015, as the reality is that first year players have limited impact. And you don't have to drfat a F/S at 18 - Read Steve Morris.

I wouldn't worry about Jake. A player must nominate for the draft. We could ask him to play for our VFL team in 2015, as the reality is that first year players have limited impact. And you don't have to drfat a F/S at 18 - Read Steve Morris.
Firstly a lot if young mids can have decent first years if there first round picks, viney wines from this years batch plus more but yes I agree if rather Waite a year and get him, not sure he would though,
Secondly, wasn't Morris pre listed by gws and on trade to Richmond, like kracker was to collingwood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

just got an apology from terry wallet on twitter for his lack of research into our rookie list after i pulled him up on it

Gotta say that was one of Terry's poorest efforts. He is usually around the mark with his assessment of team lists, but today he was under-researched, and he poorly articulated his thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back