Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Selwood and Pendlebury. They both have the ability to average over 105 this year. Whereas Mitchell played a blinder of a season last year when our entire team was down on form, this year there will be more players to take points off him, the biggest thing with Mitchell this year is that he will be spending alot more time foward which I think could limit his scoring to 90-95, look at his history (he isn't a goal kicker).

LeCras vs McPhee
mcphee
more midfielde time
doubt lecras will get that much time in the mids
and he had an awesome year last year so he'll have to back that up to score around the same

I don't know a lot about Hunt, but I wait and see how Waters plays in the intra club tomorrow (assuming he is playing) and in the rest of the NAB.

Watson or Cooney?

polkinghorne or henderson

Personally I'd go Polks....will see some mid time plus questions over Hendersons durability....but may also be better options depending on who you have already....

Personally I'd go Polks....will see some mid time plus questions over Hendersons durability....but may also be better options depending on who you have already....
thanks for that
other fowards are dangerfield, ziebell, franklin gray pavlich and reimiers

^^^you must have a packed midfield cause you forwards are lacking^^^

I got a couple so I will fire away

Morabito or trengrove
suban or hunt
burton or ziebell
rick ladson or hunt
mcphee or fisher.

THANKS GUYS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morabito or trengrove
suban or hunt
burton or ziebell
rick ladson or hunt
mcphee or fisher.

THANKS GUYS

Thoughts in bold

Morabito or trengove
suban or hunt
burton or ziebell
rick ladson or hunt
mcphee or fisher.

THANKS GUYS
all of them will make money except fisher who is in a good team and should perform consistantly week in week out

Three questions: O'Keefe or Brown?
Trengove or Warnock?
Harbrow, Shaw or Carrazzo?

Three questions: O'Keefe or Brown?
Trengove or Warnock?
Harbrow, Shaw or Carrazzo?

First one is a toss up. Then Warnock, Shaw.

There are some question marks over what role Carrazzo is going to be playing in Carlton team this year. I cant imagine him getting much midfield time, he was used mostly in defence by Ratten last year and his price dropped accordingly.

First one is a toss up. Then Warnock, Shaw.

There are some question marks over what role Carrazzo is going to be playing in Carlton team this year. I cant imagine him getting much midfield time, he was used mostly in defence by Ratten last year and his price dropped accordingly.

The problem with Shaw is....can he handle a tag?

Recent years say No he can't, and i believe that is the reason why so many jumped off him. Yes he can score big if let free, but when tagged we have seen that he struggles to even get around 30-50 points.

Lets compare that with Harbrow. Rising player, just starting to fit into his shoes with his new HB rebounding role. Is in the company of a dangerous and damaging player in Gilbee, so will avoid the tag. Is in an improving side that share the ball around and are on a GF surge this year. All signs lead to him increasing his average, its just a matter of how much?

So i guess it comes down to whether or not you like to roll the dice, so to speak. By picking Shaw you take the gamble of whether or not he will get tagged or play loose. Its a big risk, but can reward big. As we have seen Shaw score many 100+ games, sometimes even 150+!

IMO i hate yo-yo players, so with that i would say Harbrow is the "safer" option. The "better" option is to hard to tell now, i guess we will find out round 22 this year.

Carrazzo is too hard to tell, as we don't exactly know what role he will play. So can't really comment much about him from me.

The problem with Shaw is....can he handle a tag?

Recent years say No he can't, and i believe that is the reason why so many jumped off him. Yes he can score big if let free, but when tagged we have seen that he struggles to even get around 30-50 points.

Lets compare that with Harbrow. Rising player, just starting to fit into his shoes with his new HB rebounding role. Is in the company of a dangerous and damaging player in Gilbee, so will avoid the tag. Is in an improving side that share the ball around and are on a GF surge this year. All signs lead to him increasing his average, its just a matter of how much?

So i guess it comes down to whether or not you like to roll the dice, so to speak. By picking Shaw you take the gamble of whether or not he will get tagged or play loose. Its a big risk, but can reward big. As we have seen Shaw score many 100+ games, sometimes even 150+!

IMO i hate yo-yo players, so with that i would say Harbrow is the "safer" option. The "better" option is to hard to tell now, i guess we will find out round 22 this year.

Some good justification on your points here mate, but I simply disagree with most of your statements. If Shaw plays predominately midfield this year, can you honestly see him getting a tag? Pendlebury, Didak and Swan are players that have shown that they can change a game from the midfield. Shaw is an unknown quantity in the middle, and I can't see opposition coaches identifying him as the number one man to stop. If he continues to play defence, granted he may receive some attention.

Which leads me to my next point. You've mentioned above that Harbrow is an emerging talent. The Heath Shaw demise all over again, anyone? I noticed towards the end of last year, opposition sides began to focus a bit on Harbrow. Gilbee is evolving more into a midfielder IMO to actually escape the tags he gets in defence, leaving Harbrow to play the link-man role. I'm not saying Harbrow will be dealt with the hard-tag, but he may not be allowed to run as freely as he did towards the latter stages of last season.

For these reasons, I don't think Harbrow is the 'safe option', as he indeed could become a 'yo-yo' player himself.

Oh and to the above question, Podisadly.

gday guys

sylvia and mitchell or
gibbs and cooney or
mitchell and kornes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back