Player X v Y v Z - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KK vs Tuohy?

People looking into the 1 JLT game to much regarding Tuohy.

He is good but i doubt he gets that much space in the season proper and once a defensive tag goes on to him he goes to water, IF allowed to run free on his own all day he will score well but teams are awake to that and it was frustrating at Carlton cause once an opposition team played a negative tagger on him he failed to get the ball and even when he did not much happened when he got it. Simpson and Doc helped him to get free with us as they got more attention but i cannot see that with the Cats backline currently regarding running playmakers from defense, hence why the Cats went hard to get him.

Tuohy needs free space to cause damage running off half back while taking free handballs from free kicks as he runs past etc.

KK i will just never touch again though /discussion.

Both players will burn you this season IMO as you get multiple 65 odd scorers 3 times a month!

4 fwd mid-priced options that are all making a case, I think a lot of people would be having this debate:

Heeney v Roughead v Miller v Wingard - in order

Roughy, touk, Chad, heeney

People looking into the 1 JLT game to much regarding Tuohy.

He is good but i doubt he gets that much space in the season proper and once a defensive tag goes on to him he goes to water, IF allowed to run free on his own all day he will score well but teams are awake to that and it was frustrating at Carlton cause once an opposition team played a negative tagger on him he failed to get the ball and even when he did not much happened when he got it.

Tuohy needs free space to cause damage running off half back while taking free handballs from free kicks as he runs past etc.

KK i will just never touch again though /discussion.

Both players will burn you this season IMO as you get multiple 65 odd scorers 3 times a month!
see your point on Tuohy.

but KK had no pre season last year, missed round 1 and 2, then got ill but still played, hence the s**t season. Still averaged 75 or so. had 19 touches for 94 SC on the weekend. if he keeps that up, will be a great defensive POD

Wingard
Heeney
Miller
Roughead

I'm not worried about Roughy coming back cancer, I'm worried that the Hawks might not win 17+ games, so the goals will be harder to come by for him

I'm thinking the same. 2013 & 2014 he averaged 98 & 95, but kicked 62 & 67 goals. 2015 he kicked 43 and averaged 90. I think 86-91 is more likely, still great value at 367k though.

see your point on Tuohy.

but KK had no pre season last year, missed round 1 and 2, then got ill but still played, hence the s**t season. Still averaged 75 or so. had 19 touches for 94 SC on the weekend. if he keeps that up, will be a great defensive POD

KK is never again basket for me and MUCH better options out there for similar or less $$$.

see your point on Tuohy.

I wouldn't read too much into the 19 for 94SC. Scores tend to be inflated in JLT.
I rate KK but it's a very risky pick.

KK is never again basket for me and MUCH better options out there for similar or less $$$.
just wondering who you think are the better options?

I wouldn't read too much into the 19 for 94SC. Scores tend to be inflated in JLT.
i would, 19 touches at 94% with one goal for 94 SC is very good. No Malceski now and he is fully fit. expecting a 90+ year from KK

I'm not worried about Roughy coming back cancer, I'm worried that the Hawks might not win 17+ games, so the goals will be harder to come by for him
he's not just a forward.
will probably get used on ball and even down back when required or just to get him involved if he's having a quiet one

KK at 375k and i expect an average of 70 maybe with a low ton thrown in about once every 6 weeks with plenty of sub 70 scores to.

Now look at Scharenberg at 164k a highly regarded youngster who was injured last year and now gets his chance in a depleted Pies defense that has seen many changes.

I see Scharenberg scoring nearly identical to KK from what i mentioned above and only 1 of these players is making you cash as KK will stagnate or maybe get to 400k at some stage MAX!

I would only be looking at taking KK if you think he will get to 500k and i seriously doubt this happens.

i would, 19 touches at 94% with one goal for 94 SC is very good. No Malceski now and he is fully fit. expecting a 90+ year from KK

It was a good game from him, but what I mean is it wouldn't get him 94 SC in the real stuff. Aaron Hall went at 60% EFF and had 5 clangers and still outscored his DT score 127 to 147. (Last year he averaged 111 DT, 95 SC). KK's game was really worth about 75 IMO. I agree KK could average 90+ but I think it's just as likely he could average 80-85 which wouldn't be good enough for D6.

KK at 375k and i expect an average of 70 maybe with a low ton thrown in about once every 6 weeks with plenty of sub 70 scores to.

Now look at Scharenberg at 164k a highly regarded youngster who was injured last year and now gets his chance in a depleted Pies defense that has seen many changes.

I see Scarenberg scoring nearly identical to KK from what i mentioned above and only 1 of these players is making you cash as KK will stagnate or maybe get to 400k at some stage MAX!

I would only be looking at taking KK if you think he will get to 500k and i seriously doubt this happens.
thats your opinion.

Shaz looked terrible on Thursday, KK from all reports was great.

KK is a class player and he wont have 2 down years in a row

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's not just a forward.
will probably get used on ball and even down back when required or just to get him involved if he's having a quiet one
fair enough

general question, how do you think the Hawks will go this year? What's the general consensus among supporters?

It was a good game from him, but what I mean is it wouldn't get him 94 SC in the real stuff. Aaron Hall went at 60% EFF and had 5 clangers and still outscored his DT score 127 to 147. (Last year he averaged 111 DT, 95 SC). KK's game was really worth about 75 IMO. I agree KK could average 90+ but I think it's just as likely he could average 80-85 which wouldn't be good enough for D6.
how many contested, uncontested, tackles etc?
KK looks as fit as he has been, so for 375k presents great value

thats your opinion.

Shaz looked terrible on Thursday, KK from all reports was great.

KK is a class player and he wont have 2 down years in a row

He only played nearly 2 Qtrs in the opening Pre Season game.

If you want KK take him and who am i to say what will happen but i see to much risk around KK and little upside.

I see Scharenberg scoring nearly identical to KK from what i mentioned above and only 1 of these players is making you cash as KK will stagnate or maybe get to 400k at some stage MAX!

why is he on your never again list? Did you have him last year? It sounds like you've just put a line through him because he burnt you

Last year he had no preseason and had to miss round 1, obviously came into the season underdone, thus the huge drop in scoring. Pretty sure he played a more defensive role because of this.

I'm not going to pick him unless he gets 20 touches and scores 90+ over the entire JLT, but I think he could easily go back to that high 80s average

How do think the hawks will use burgoyne.
In the mitchell role?
i dont think his role will change. will probably float around in defence for the most part with a license to do whatever the hell he pleases when the game is in the balance.

fair enough

general question, how do you think the Hawks will go this year? What's the general consensus among supporters?
im not really the best one to ask...i honestly take more interest in SuperCoach than i do in AFL.

that said i'm a lot more upbeat about this season than i normally am. something new and fresh always feels good until it fails miserably.

from what i can gather the general consensus seems to be that if everything goes right we can push for top 4 but somewhere between 8 and 5 is probably where we're at.

People writing of KK are pretty silly FYI. The only bad season he has had has been based on an unknown illness which he has resolved through a change in dietary requirements and managing these intakes accordingly. There is no reason for him to be overlooked this season, apart from probably questions over the make up of the Suns team and his ongoing role in it, and the Round 9 Bye.

Back on topic, these comparisons likely make or break my premos for my starting team..

Selwood (POD atm) v Treloar (raging favourite for elite premo status)

and...

M.Murphy and Sandilands v Goldstein and mid rookie v Witts and any mid premo under $604k

(The last comparison is obviously highly impacted by the health of the 3 rucks..)

People writing of KK are pretty silly FYI. The only bad season he has had has been based on an unknown illness which he has resolved through a change in dietary requirements and managing these intakes accordingly. There is no reason for him to be overlooked this season, apart from probably questions over the make up of the Suns team and his ongoing role in it, and the Round 9 Bye.

Back on topic, these comparisons likely make or break my premos for my starting team..

and...

M.Murphy and Sandilands v Goldstein and mid rookie v Witts and any mid premo under $604k

(The last comparison is obviously highly impacted by the health of the 3 rucks..)

Not Treloar

and...

Jelwood. But either are real good starting options.

Murphy and Sandilands but the safest option that I'd go with is Goldy and a MID rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back