POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What opportunities are they lacking in this day and age?

They have the same access to public schooling as other ethnicities. Hell, they even have special scholarships as well as affirmative action to ensure they get more opportunity over white people.

You can give people all the opportunity in the world but you can't force them to take it, e.g, "you can lead a horse to water..."

A lot of black communities in poor areas simply do not have the same access to quality public schooling as others, as a result of a number of historical (explicitly racist) laws, such as redlining, which ghettoised black communities in poor areas which we not able to adequately fund their schooling system, and then inadequate attempts to redress this imbalance.

Why did you assume that they were black? They just said they weren't white.

Why are you so insistent that they are angry? They have repeatedly indicated that they are amused, not angry...
So they are brown? White? Black? Does it matter.
You seem to be the racist one on here Robbie, totally obsessed with identity politics aren't you.
Everything is linked to colour isn't it with you.
You're angry at something in life,what is it?? Let it out. Tell us all your feelings.

So they are brown? White? Black? Does it matter.
You seem to be the racist one on here Robbie, totally obsessed with identity politics aren't you.
Everything is linked to colour isn't it with you.
You're angry at something in life,what is it?? Let it out. Tell us all your feelings.
So much projection.

They have the same access to public schooling as other ethnicities. Hell, they even have special scholarships as well as affirmative action to ensure they get more opportunity over white people.

You can give people all the opportunity in the world but you can't force them to take it, e.g, "you can lead a horse to water..."

Sadly none of what you said in that post is true. So maybe go read some facts and educate yourself

Why did you assume that they were black? They just said they weren't white.

Why are you so insistent that they are angry? They have repeatedly indicated that they are amused, not angry...

Try not to stress too much about it man. They just are not that smart around here

A lot of black communities in poor areas simply do not have the same access to quality public schooling as others, as a result of a number of historical (explicitly racist) laws, such as redlining, which ghettoised black communities in poor areas which we not able to adequately fund their schooling system, and then inadequate attempts to redress this imbalance.

Pretty old article but gives those who weren't aware of redlining information about what it was.

You should read the below article for a more accurate current assessment of 'redlined' neighbourhoods and who inhabits them.

No denying there were racist policies but eventually there will come a time when they are no longer relevant and can no longer be used as an excuse.

You are acting a lot like an angry racist who doesn't like being challenged. You are saying other people are the angry racists. Seems like a pretty clear case of projection to me.

Why do you feel that?
Hahahahahahaha, go play your identity politics and don't you forget to tell the world how you feel....

Why do you feel that?
Hahahahahahaha, go play your identity politics and don't you forget to tell the world how you feel....
It is strange. These little "Why do you feel that?" meme came about because I was the one asking someone with "feelings" to justify them with some evidence. Why don't you direct your comments about feelings to those that were having them, not those that were questioning them? Seems a bit misdirected...

It is strange. These little "Why do you feel that?" meme came about because I was the one asking someone with "feelings" to justify them with some evidence. Why don't you direct your comments about feelings to those that were having them, not those that were questioning them? Seems a bit misdirected...
Move on Robbie and tell us why do you feel that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest factor in success is economics and black people are coming from a position of poverty in larger numbers precisely because policies in the past dictated so. There’s no point saying a child of the Stolen Generations had the same access to university as white people when an institutional policy destroyed their family unit and created the problems inherent in that. And the consequences are felt down the generations.

C'mon mate don't ruin the narrative for them
So you’d be happy to swap places then? Take on the incarceration rate, lower life expectancy, judgement from others, just for a chance to get some of that sweet sweet slightly higher rate of study income? Which is intended to address precisely the generational consequences we are talking about.

Not supporting it is an interesting one.

It's like you haven't thought about the cause at all and are willingly proclaiming to be racist.

binary answers like that are what put people off

One can equally support anti-racism measures and oppose an organisation with “contentious” ideaologies

i support #allblacklivesmatters - I just don’t support the black lives matters organisation

binary answers like that are what put people off

One can equally support anti-racism measures and oppose an organisation with “contentious” ideaologies

i support #allblacklivesmatters - I just don’t support the black lives matters organisation

Yeah that was my point if you keep reading. It's a s**t poll, a s**t thread and a s**t OP.

The biggest factor in success is economics and black people are coming from a position of poverty in larger numbers precisely because policies in the past dictated so. There’s no point saying a child of the Stolen Generations had the same access to university as white people when an institutional policy destroyed their family unit and created the problems inherent in that. And the consequences are felt down the generations.
In relation to indigenous Australians (I was solely talking about African Americans in my previous posts), they have a great many pathways to help them succeed.

I have experience running the indigenous liaison program for Accor hotels in Brisbane a number of years ago and through that you are required to hire 2-3 people per hotel, regardless of experience/attitude etc. I actually met and hired one of my now best mates through that program and over the years I have learnt of all the other programs and government assistance there is available to them to help them get ahead, so there's definitely opportunities provided by the government to help them.

Could more be done? Probably, and I don't dispute that. But it's not as if they're left to their own devices with no support.

Yeah mate, 2 scholarships for all those people.

Sorry that the support provided doesn't suit your agenda.

What support? A scholarship?

Can I eat a scholarship? Will it provide an income?

Dude, educate yourself and realise the privilege that you have

Back