Gee Dubya

Senior List
Dec 9, 2010
Land of the felafel
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Western Suburbs AFC Est.1926
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lliams-wish-list/story-e6frf9jf-1226011658653
PORT Adelaide does not want a repeat of the Nathan Krakouer walkout and could demand a decision from Greater Western Sydney target Alipate Carlile later in the season.

Still reeling at Krakouer's decision to quit Port for the Gold Coast at the end of last year without even telling the club, coach Matthew Primus and captain Domenic Cassisi say they will let contract negotiations "take their course" until mid-season before starting to eyeball potential targets, including full-back Carlile. Cassisi fears his former coach Mark Williams has Carlile, who is out of contract at the end of this season, and Danyle Pearce, who is contracted until the end of 2011, in his sights at the Giants.

"He's always been a big fan of those two (Carlile and Pearce) and we would be naive to think he's not calling those guys to get them up there. They are still only young so to lose one would be shattering. Hopefully Alipate will re-sign in the next couple of months, but if he doesn't then we might have to sit down and have a chat with him to see where he's at."

Carlile, 23, has denied being contacted by the Giants, but there has been plenty of speculation linking him to the AFL's 18th club
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lliams-wish-list/story-e6frf9jf-1226011658653

Speculation? Where could that have come from? ;)

Ferkin lol @ 'reeling from Krakouer...' - i'm sure the Dogs are still reeling from Jordan McMahon's defection too.

Losing Bobby would indeed be a massive blow, howevs. =(

Ferkin lol @ 'reeling from Krakouer...' - i'm sure the Dogs are still reeling from Jordan McMahon's defection too.

Losing Bobby would indeed be a massive blow, howevs. =(

I can deal with losing Krakouer (I didn't dislike him as much as other port fans did) I can deal with losing Motlop. Carlile on the other hand is a quality key position defender, a full back that we immediately blooded when Wakelin left the post. He is and should continue to be our #1 full back for the next 7/8 years. We cannot lose him...

Getting some solid KPP might be a better strategy than targetting the elite midfielders everyone is talking about. There's an abundance of good midfielders in every draft, but KPP seem to be more of a lottery.

Maybe we should get Watts instead of Scully. :p

We've got 2 years to get all the players we want.. So if players resign this year for just 1 more year, we can totally target them for next year!

'PORT Adelaide does not want a repeat of the Nathan Krakouer walkout'

Disagree. I for one would be thrilled if you guys took someone as soft and useless as Nathan Krakouer.

I was laughing when I read that line for exactly the same reason. I would have been stoked if the GC only took someone Krakouer-esque from Brisbane rather than the right royal shafting we got.

I have to say i fear for the club, if the suns keep going like they are who would join us I'm concerned about the lack of quality we will end up with.If we start of poorly no crowds and the young stars we can draft will leave as soon as there contracts are up, I may sound pessimistic but what do you guy's think. This has to be successful we will only get one shot at it and every thrashing the suns get is one less star player that will want to join us.

I have to say i fear for the club, if the suns keep going like they are who would join us I'm concerned about the lack of quality we will end up with.If we start of poorly no crowds and the young stars we can draft will leave as soon as there contracts are up, I may sound pessimistic but what do you guy's think. This has to be successful we will only get one shot at it and every thrashing the suns get is one less star player that will want to join us.
follow the swans.:thumbsu:

We won't know until the end of this year for certain, or until probably about June when the rumours will really get concrete. Until then I'm not going to be hugely concerned because about a third of the league is out of contract in any given year, including many stars and very good players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back