Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs or Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

N
Since people were having a go at a combined team before, I'll have a go at one now. I know this team looks biased, but it's hard to say that any of the Port players I put in don't deserve their spots. This is an 'if everyone was fit to play' side.

B: D. Morris, J. Frawley, R. Murphy
HB: H. Hartlett, C. Garland, M. Broadbent
C: R. Griffen, N. Jones, B. Ebert
HF: C. Wingard, J. Schulz, A. Cooney
F: A. Monfries, M. Clark, J. Westhoff
R: W. Minson, T. Boak, T. Liberatore
Int: M. Lobbe, K. Cornes, C. Sylvia, O. Wines

11 Port players
6 Bulldog players
5 Demons players

Robbie Gray and Shaun Higgins' best football would have them in the side, but both are too inconsistent and injury prone to accurately gauge their worth.
no Jonas???? Wow.

As bad as we played last night, Melbourne were awesome (last 15 minutes aside). Their pressure was very good, I haven't seen them play like that for three years. Good stuff Melbourne.

We are s**t, only positive is we will get to watch Libba and Griffen be beasts while we are s**t.

Just need to keep drafting well and we'll get there. Expansion has hit us worse than any club.

Who is Jonas?

Do you mean Matt Jones?

Clearly a troll, but Jonas has been very solid all year, but in particular the last two weeks. Tough as nails, doesn't give his opponent an inch and his disposal coming out of the backline is good. You can keep your "Matt Jones".

Clearly a troll, but Jonas has been very solid all year, but in particular the last two weeks. Tough as nails, doesn't give his opponent an inch and his disposal coming out of the backline is good. You can keep your "Matt Jones".
Never heard of this Jonas you speak of.

Oh well, he hasn't put a foot wrong all year playing on and beating the likes of Taylor Walker and Josh Kennedy in particular. Dan Hannebery might know his name now too after being cleaned up by him last week. Your loss.

Oh well, he hasn't put a foot wrong all year playing on and beating the likes of Taylor Walker and Josh Kennedy in particular. Dan Hannebery might know his name now too after being cleaned up by him last week. Your loss.

Very good player is Tom Jonas. But we'll happily keep our Matt Jones too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah right. I'll have to keep an eye out for him. I've watched a couple of port games and never noticed him. I assume he's a KPP?

One of the most natural defenders I've seen, ice cold under pressure and sets up a heap of play coming out of defence.

His improvement has been a massive factor behind Port now having the 4th most miserly defence. You'll hear about him :thumbsu:

Thoughts on the Bulldogs future after Griffen, Cooney, Gia (your best forward), Boyd etc all call it quits?

Long way to go, the Doggies.

Looking forward to seeing the Dees side playing with confidence to hold out an entire game, with Viney, Clark, Grimes, Hogan etc coming into this side. Neil Craig hopefully can wipe out the trainwreck of Neeld in the last half of the year, and keep playing well to attract Roos to the job. Who the * wouldn't want to coach Jesse Hogan, seriously.

We'll be decent next year.

Unwarranted?

After years of putting up with the bullshit from the media and Melbourne supporters about what a powerhouse team they were building, and to witness the arrogance from your lot on this very forum, and now all of a sudden to see you in the position you are in brings no greater joy to me.

So forgive me for being a little arrogant, you better get used to it, the Tiger army is a ferocious one, what you are witnessing now is nothing, opposition supporters will soon remember why they hated us so much. :)

Win a final before you start bragging.

Thoughts on the Bulldogs future after Griffen, Cooney, Gia (your best forward), Boyd etc all call it quits?

Griffen is 27. We're not thinking he's calling it quits any time soon. Boyd - we have played better this year without him in the team. Liberatore has gone past him.

The others will be replaced by kids who are getting rotated through the side now.

We're alright. Last night was bad but wasn't totally unexpected.

Long way to go, the Doggies.

Looking forward to seeing the Dees side playing with confidence to hold out an entire game, with Viney, Clark, Grimes, Hogan etc coming into this side. Neil Craig hopefully can wipe out the trainwreck of Neeld in the last half of the year, and keep playing well to attract Roos to the job. Who the **** wouldn't want to coach Jesse Hogan, seriously.

We'll be decent next year.
Griffen is 26, that's like saying what about when Nathan Jones quits.

As good as Melbourne were last night, and as bad as we were, people are getting carried away with this game.

We've still beaten Port, St Kilda and Brisbane this year. Which are be no means top clubs but still good wins.

Melbourne supporters need to just relax, it was a good win but some are getting carried away with it.

We played a much more inexperienced side than Melbourne. We can expect improvement from Hunter (2nd game), Stringer (5/6th game) Hrovat (3rd Game), where will the improvement come from Melbourne - Rodan, Dawes, Brynes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back