Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just getting on with it" has resulted in us wearing the prison bars a handful of times in two decades
"Just getting on with it" would have seen us playing South Adelaide, not West Coast Eagles this week

If we don't call out injustice then it becomes the status quo. I personally count our blessings we have a financial and outspoken powerhouse like the Eagles in our corner on this fight.
They are only in their corner. They don’t give a stuff about Port.

So gets an irregular reading for a test, then a slight positive but is asymptomatic from next test, the AFL world, journos, fans, even non AFL media in great numbers say throw the fu**in' book at that little Irish git, then does a third test and is negative and will have to do a fourth test which probably will be negative.

This has been happening all around the world. The test kits aren't perfect. There have been many cases of false negatives and false positives all over the world and the antibody or serology tests are fu**in' useless and that's why you have not heard government officials talk about these types of tests for over a month, after they banged on about them as the country was approaching elimination across the nation by mid May.

People have to stop jumping to conclusions and prejudging everything when we work in an environment where the medical experts don't have perfect info about the virus, it does strange things, is inconsistent with effects on people in different cities and environments around the world, and the overwhelming majority of positives are mild or asymptomatic cases.

Mckenna should get a week for visiting family - a clear breach of the rules. But that's it, if he has 3 negatives out of 4.
Whether he is positive or negative is irrelevant.
It’s the rules broken that matter.

It’s the same flawed logic that got Burgoyne off for a sling tackle.

Last edited:

The crows are finally going to get another "first" and bring the first wooden spoon to the State.
And just for good measure, they're considering going back to back or even a threepeat.

I don’t understand why the AFL would even want to play any games in Vic anymore. Every other state will allow some type of crowd at games generating $ for the league. It’s a common sense business decision.
There is an underlying issue that blocks any argument based on common sense: in the AFL House, they understand football as a Victorian institution.

Moving the game away from Melbourne is something unthinkable for them. It is not an option.

The 8 teams from other states are in the league out of necessity, but they aren't welcome. We are suppose to simply be thankful for the opportunity of LOSING to the Vitorian clubs.

It is as sad as ridiculous, but that's the way it is.

As many games as would be commensurate with the Wines suspension. McKenna is guilty of multiple breaches of AFL COVID-19 guidance and for the AFL to be consistent a hefty penalty is appropriate.

Its Essendon so McKenna will get suspended for the rest of this season but then the Bombers will get the no 1 draft pick handed to them.

Hugh Greenwood left the Crows at the end of the 2019 season and joined the Suns, playing a key role in the weekend’s one-sided victory.

“Hugh Greenwood, that was as much our call. He’s 28 this year and not going to be playing in our next premiership side,” Ricciuto said

It was those words that Cornes took issue with and floated a theory as to why the group has been so despondent week in, week out.

“If that’s the precedent from Mark Ricciuto, if you’re 28 years of age - he’s basically saying you can’t win a flag at the Adelaide Football Club,” Cornes said on Footy Classified.

“You are wondering why there is a lack of effort from the Adelaide Football Club, particularly the elder players, it is because they believe their club doesn’t think they’ll win a flag.

“If I’m Brad Crouch (27 years old), Brodie Smith (28), Paul Seedsman (28), Daniel Talia (29), Tom Lynch (30), Taylor Walker (30), Rory Sloane (30) and Bryce Gibbs (31), I now know that my football club thinks I cannot win a flag because I’m 28.

“Perhaps that’s why you are seeing the effort they’re giving on the field because what’s the motivation for them to rock up and play if their club and their most famous name does not think they can win a flag?”

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but on Monday night, there was some footage on Fox Footy's On The Couch of Don Pyke smirking during the last quarter of last year's game against the Suns at Metricon. Apparently the Gold Coast players used that footage as motivation on the weekend, and went out and smashed the Crows accordingly. The comment from Gerard Healy was telling, "He who laughs last, laughs longest."

I think it'll be quite some time before anyone else from the Crows is seen laughing in public!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these medianpersonalities apologising about commenting on MCKenna now that jis last test is negative.
Surely it’s not the positive test theybwere knocking him for but his flouting the rules, like Ollie did?
Also, still awaiting SPP’s apology from a certain tv program in cahoots with Crows media monolith.

Ugh, Marshall on Sunrise this morning talking about his beloved 'Port Power.' That name seems to have stuck whether we like it or not. It is probably a rod of our own making for using it in the first place. It does however show what a shallow supporter Marshall is. Any true believer Port supporter would not use the Port Power tag.

On the subject of Steven Marshall this morning's press says it all. Premier announces 25,000 crowds at AO but SA teams stuck in a hub and the Premier's comments on the weekend re an Adelaide hub probably means we will be stuck in a hub somewhere in Australia for a while yet. Why would you send negative signals to the AFL re an AFL hub in Adelaide on Sunday then 48 hrs later announce crowds of 25.000 to be allowed into AO ?

According to the Monopoly Mail, Premier Steven Marshall said he had discussed the Essendon COVID case with AFL boss Gillon McLachlan, but no offer for SA to become a hub had been requested or given.

Mr Marshall said, 'the risks of being a hub outweighed any economic benefits to SA, and we are more intent on safely firing up our wider economy.
Our focus is on opening up business in SA, not putting our hand up to be the next AFL hub.'

If Covidtoria is stuck in a containment vacuum for the next six weeks but States like SA and WA are allowing crowds of 25- 30,000 surely the AFL has to relocate Victorian teams outside of Melbourne? If SA had a football league pushing the case and not a Premier who has no detailed knowledge of game we might get somewhere. A hub of six teams in SA does not mean these teams play all their games in Adelaide. With the approval of State and Territory Governments they could fly to any part of Australia bar Melbourne. Teams relocated to a hub would train in that city and fly about as programmed. As I see it the SA teams are owed around six or seven games at AO and having a hub in Adelaide with the prospect of 25,000 spectators makes that more likely.

Last edited:
All these medianpersonalities apologising about commenting on MCKenna now that jis last test is negative.
Surely it’s not the positive test theybwere knocking him for but his flouting the rules, like Ollie did?
Also, still awaiting SPP’s apology from a certain tv program in cahoots with Crows media monolith.

OGC on the turps at 7am :oops:

Ugh, Marshall on Sunrise this morning talking about his beloved 'Port Power.' That name seems to have stuck whether we like it or not. It is probably a rod of our own making for using it in the first place. It does however show what a shallow supporter Marshall is. Any true believer Port supporter would not use the Port Power tag.

On the subject of Steven Marshall this morning's press says it all. Premier announces 25,000 crowds at AO but SA teams stuck in a hub and the Premier's comments on the weekend re an Adelaide hub probably means we will be stuck in a hub somewhere in Australia for a while yet. Why would you send negative signals to the AFL re an AFL hub in Adelaide on Sunday then 48 hrs later announce crowds of 25.000 to be allowed into AO ?

According to the Monopoly Mail, Premier Steven Marshall said he had discussed the Essendon COVID case with AFL boss Gillon McLachlan, but no offer for SA to become a hub had been requested or given.

Mr Marshall said, 'the risks of being a hub outweighed any economic benefits to SA, and we are more intent on safely firing up our wider economy.
Our focus is on opening up business in SA, not putting our hand up to be the next AFL hub.'

If Covidtoria is stuck in a containment vacuum for the next six weeks but States like SA and WA are allowing crowds of 25- 30,000 surely the AFL has to relocate Victorian teams outside of Melbourne? If SA had a football league pushing the case and not a Premier who has no detailed knowledge of game we might get somewhere. A hub of six teams in SA does not mean these teams play all their games in Adelaide. With the approval of State and Territory Governments they could fly to any part of Australia bar Melbourne. Teams relocated to a hub would train in that city and fly about as programmed. As I see it the SA teams are owed around six or seven games at AO and having a hub in Adelaide with the prospect of 25,000 spectators makes that more likely.
I’d imagine the requirements SA would be asking Vic clubs to adhere to if they were in a SA hub would be the sticking point. Precious Victorian teams wouldn’t like it (but it’s okay for the SA and WA teams up in Queensland).

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but on Monday night, there was some footage on Fox Footy's On The Couch of Don Pyke smirking during the last quarter of last year's game against the Suns at Metricon. Apparently the Gold Coast players used that footage as motivation on the weekend, and went out and smashed the Crows accordingly. The comment from Gerard Healy was telling, "He who laughs last, laughs longest."

I think it'll be quite some time before anyone else from the Crows is seen laughing in public!!!!
They had the same footage on Footy Classified. Also had Brandon Ellis talking about percentage boosts for Richmond during the half time interview. I wonder if they'll use that as motivation against Richmond. And send new recruit Brandon Ellis to wipe the smirk off that Brandon Ellis's face.

I don’t think the Crows are anywhere near as bad as their current “form” indicates. There is no way thy are the worst team in the competition. They are tanking. As such, the only fair and reasonable solution is to strip them of their 1st and 2nd picks for the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back