Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, but corruption is a different beast these days.
And connections wear thin.

Not to mention having scrutiny from outside the state could be an issue.

It's not as if he doesn't do all he can for the bastards anyway.

Great summary. By the way I took a more careful read of that Advertiser article that was linked to the Olsen story, it includes this line:

"Business, political and legal types – apart from Port Adelaide supporters focused on finals - .."

How's that for arrogance and partisanship from our State's only daily newspaper?

One of the state's 2 AFL teams are about to embark on a finals campaign after winning the minor Premiership in extraordinary circumstances and it is already allocated to a footnote in The Advertiser because, according to the Advertiser, the state's leaders are more focussed on how the Crows rebuild for 2021.

The fact that three of the Advertiser's rapidly diminishing staff to write the article - Michael McGuire, Paul Starick and Cameron England -tells me one thing with certainty. That not one of them wants to assume sole responsibility for writing this rubbish.

I note that the article includes an 'unofficial market' with the odds of potential Presidents of the Crows. On that point, surely there must be a market somewhere where I can put money on who dies first - The Advertiser, or the person who used it as their springboard to a much hated global media empire, Rupert Murdoch.:drunk:

Could there be a more appropriate person to lead them. An absolute corrupt w***er of the highest order
I went to see Port play in Shanghai a couple of years ago. Spoke to some-one who knew the Olsen family quite well back in Kadina. He'd agree with your assessment of him.

He was interviewed only the other day on aa and said he wouldn't turn down any offers
Yep....Choco wouldn't turn down a role if it meant being part of the AFL again, even if it was the Camries.

"learnings" and "going forward" are two bits of corporate wank that trigger me when used by management in my workplace.

Why can't they just use "lessons" and "in future" like my generation? :(
“Reaching out” does it for me, half the time they've sent someone a text message ffs.

cRowie suggesting they've secured Balme as well. That would be a decent get... seems to have the Midas touch.

cRowie suggesting they've secured Balme as well. That would be a decent get... seems to have the Midas touch.

The guy is nearly 70, is looking tired, has had success and has a hard road ahead of him at a club that is bottoming out.

Not sure what he can do for them and whether he would have the energy to stick out a rebuild.

Maybe they could get Kerls back too ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy is nearly 70, is looking tired, has had success and has a hard road ahead of him at a club that is bottoming out.

Agree. But the one thing the Adelaide Football Corporation is not short of is cash.

And who wouldn't be tempted to build a nice investment portfolio for the kids in your retirement years? Define the job in your terms to suit your needs and take the cash knowing your level of accountability and public visibility as Assistant/Mentor on a club already at the bottom is next to zero. Take the reflected glory if Nicks takes them to the finals again and shift the blame elsewhere if he doesn't. It's the way it rolls in Adelaide as Balme knows full well.

Don't think Balme will be too keen on taking on that dumpster fire this close to 70.
A
I think he is more wishing. Turd polishing at its best. What a dream run the corporation gets in the media, baffling considering how they are dragging down footy in SA.
Apparently Aish senior has spoken to Balme and assured them that Balme wants the job, wife desperate to return to SA, according to fiveaa.

A

Apparently Aish senior has spoken to Balme and assured them that Balme wants the job, wife desperate to return to SA, according to fiveaa.
Just to clarify, is that Balme's wife who is desperate to return to SA or Aish's wife who is desperate for Balme to return to SA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back