Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmmm like clockwork

Normally I'd agree with you but I don't think he is pulling the mental health card at all. Seeing your own poor behaviours plastered across the media and the threat of losing your livelihood and/or potential charges against you because of it would be enough to send anyone off the edge.

Normally I'd agree with you but I don't think he is pulling the mental health card at all. Seeing your own poor behaviours plastered across the media and the threat of losing your livelihood and/or potential charges against you because of it would be enough to send anyone off the edge.

Yeah, wonder how the outrage crowd would feel if Patton was found hanging from a tree this morning.

They'd probably say he deserved it to be honest.

I just expected it but I'll let TeeKray turn it into a song and dance

I just expected it but I'll let TeeKray turn it into a song and dance

I wasn't referring to your post. The way the media/social media handle these types of stories creates a genuine suicide risk. It's just a statement of fact.

I wasn't referring to your post. The way the media/social media handle these types of stories creates a genuine suicide risk. It's just a statement of fact.
Runaway train it's been that way forever in other countries we've just caught up to british tabloid levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows lock up rising star with new contract
Adelaide has re-signed a second player in three days, extending emerging midfielder Harry Schoenberg’s contract for two years.

Whow-wee, boy oh boy! The Tingles' culcha is booming ... Now able to re-sign & hold on to their stars! Look out here we come.

Yeah, wonder how the outrage crowd would feel if Patton was found hanging from a tree this morning.

They'd probably say he deserved it to be honest.
So you can't call anyone out on being an a-hole just in case they commit suicide?

Jesus christ on a bike!

So you can't call anyone out on being an a-hole just in case they commit suicide?

Jesus christ on a bike!

When it's someone with a public profile and the media/social media go to absolute town on it, there's a point where it probably crosses the line to bullying.

He's obviously a dickhead but no greater a dickhead than probably tens of thousands of other young guys who do the same (the girls in question actually made this point).

The news value in reporting the story in the first place is lost on me.

When it's someone with a public profile and the media/social media go to absolute town on it, there's a point where it probably crosses the line to bullying.

He's obviously a dickhead but no greater a dickhead than probably tens of thousands of other young guys who do the same (the girls in question actually made this point).

The news value in reporting the story in the first place is lost on me.

Public figures used to get overcompensated for their abilities and under-punished for their transgressions. I'm fine with the latter undergoing an adjustment.

Public figures used to get overcompensated for their abilities and under-punished for their transgressions. I'm fine with the latter undergoing an adjustment.

So we punish this generation harder because their predecessors got off scott free?

There has to be a balance man.

So we punish this generation harder because their predecessors got off scott free?

There has to be a balance man.

It's more that fame used to help you get away with s**t, and now it's verging toward the opposite, and the opposite is better on balance.

Which is not to say TeeKray's point about bullying is without merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back