Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the best players tend to go ott with their celebrations every now & then in the heat of the moment, *though I agree about Hawkins*.

9rke8l.jpg

Warren-Tredrea-5668220.jpg

The two most misinterpreted moments in Port Adelaide history.

1) MEDIA INTERPRETATION: Warren Tredrea arrogantly hammers home the message to Nick Stevens, who it was rumoured had received nasty post-premiership text messages from ex-teammates!

TREDDERS' EXPLANATION:
I go for Arsenal and am a big fan of Thierry Henry who recently did the 'WASSAAAAP!! phonecall' celebration. A mate of mine was in London and said he'd be watching at The Walkabout. He asked me to give him a big celebration, so I did.

2) MEDIA INTERPRETATION:
Oh. My. God. Warren Tredrea takes a big steaming s**t on North Melbourne by bowing at Glenn Archer/Adam Simpson/Ron Casey's ghost in the ultimate show of disrespect to everyone involved with the game from VicKick to Andrew Demetriou's urologist.

TREDDERS' EXPLANATION:
I had no right to kick that goal. If you look at the vision I was looking to centre to the top of the square, but when I looked up there was no-one there. So I gave it a bit more air and it spun the other way and went in. It was our biggest crowd of the year, the Mexican Wave was going round and I just decided to give a bow to the fans as a thankyou for coming out and getting behind us.

CONCLUSION:
Tredders is the devil.

Was just asking the question. After a quick start he appears to have dropped off. Maybe i'm confusing him with one of the number of fair haired players in the cats team. I dont remember hearing his name too mch tho

Not that it matters now, but I think it was BT who decided to call him Guthrie all night.

Guthrie is also a very nice player.

Sorry to deflate you but even according to some of our fans right here on BF Tredrea was barely avearge.

An average of around 2 goals per game is the bare minimum pass mark for a KPF.

Sorry to deflate you but even according to some of our fans right here on BF Tredrea was barely avearge.

An average of around 2 goals per game is the bare minimum pass mark for a KPF.

Brown: 247 Games, 579 Goals - 2.34 gpg
Riewoldt: 261 Games, 578 Goals - 2.21 gpg
Tredrea: 255 Games, 549 Goals - 2.15 gpg

Still compares scoreboardwise to the two forwards he's always left out of the conversation with - which isn't bad considering he was cut down in his prime and spent the last five seasons of his career on one leg.

Brown: 247 Games, 579 Goals - 2.34 gpg
Riewoldt: 261 Games, 578 Goals - 2.21 gpg
Tredrea: 255 Games, 549 Goals - 2.15 gpg

Still compares scoreboardwise to the two forwards he's always left out of the conversation with - which isn't bad considering he was cut down in his prime and spent the last five seasons of his career on one leg.
I want his goal assist stats, I bet he has those two covered

I still dream about War Machine. Hhnnngggg

Stat Sunday - Warren Tredrea before his knee was destroyed in the 2006 preseason

Games: 179
Disposals: 2703 @ 15.10 pg
Marks: 1293 @ 7.22 pg
Goals: 409 @ 2.28 pg
Goal Assists (since 2003-2005): 72 @ 1.00 pg
All-Australian Guernseys: 4 (all CHF)
Best & Fairests: 3 (inc. Premiership Year)
Other: 2004 AFLCA MVP, 2004 Premiership Captain, 2004 Precount Brownlow Favourite

Tredrea has maintained consistently elite numbers for a key forward for five consecutive seasons.

There has been little variance in his disposals, marks and goals average in that time and if anything, he is still improving. In 2005, Tredrea averaged a career-high nine marks (the most in the competition), had more effective kicks than any other key forward, and led Port Adelaide in these statistics as well as contested possessions - an amazing feat for a player of his size and role.

In each of the past five seasons, he has ranked top-6 in the competition in both marks and contested marks. His tally of 968 marks since the beginning of 2001 is 147 more than any other player and his tally of 303 goals in that time ranks third.

Tredrea is also adept at ground level or on the lead. He won more ball gets at ground level inside 50 than any other key forward, and led the competition in marks on a lead.

Another thing that separates Tredrea from other players is his remarkable durability. Since the beginning of 2000, he has played 141 of a possible 145 games. He has been maligned for his shooting for goal and after peaking at an above average 65% in 2004, his accuracy dropped back to 59% in 2005, which was below average. In particular, from long range his accuracy of 40% is poor.

- 2006 AFL Prospectus Profile

Calm down tribey, even crows fans acknowledge Tredrea can be mentioned in the same breath as Matthew Robran. Just.

Aaaaargh Robran.... Either he or Vardy would cut us up every time we'd play them

Party Vardy even hurt us when he was at Melbourne. Did a Port player run over his dog when he was a kid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down tribey, even crows fans acknowledge Tredrea can be mentioned in the same breath as Matthew Robran. Just.

Apparently from 2006-onwards he just plumb forgot how to play - had nothing to do with his knee being so damaged the club doctor actually advised him to retire (hence the one-year rolling contracts).

Party Vardy even hurt us when he was at Melbourne. Did a Port player run over his dog when he was a kid?

Being on the receiving end of the Magpie Machine in the '95 and '96 Grand Finals couldn't have helped.

Being on the receiving end of the Magpie Machine in the '95 and '96 Grand Finals couldn't have helped.

It didn't fire up Mark Conway, Jarrad Cotton and Nathan Steinberner like Alan 'Best spotter of junior talent in the known universe' Stewart would have hoped.

CONCLUSION:
Tredders is the devil.
Would've posted Cornes' goose step but couldn't find it in pic, gif or video form :p

My point was players sometimes celebrate in ways they normally wouldn't & all 3 instances were relatively harmless & got blown up massively in the media even though Tredders said the bow wasn't his finest moment.

Tredders can do no wrong in my eyes ;)

Taken from that thread...

Except for the fact that Impey plays a shutdown defender role, smashed a decent player in Garlett & kept one of the better small forwards in the comp in Betts relatively quiet before a dodgy free kick helped get him into the game.

Also lol at this bloke seriously thinking Brad Crouch had a better 2013 than Wines. Didn't realise Crouch was playing a big role in helping his team knock Collingwood out of the finals last year.. :rolleyes:
The mods have removed all my posts about Matty crouch in that thread! Also removed the majority of the crow posters posts who somewhat agreed with me. The mod has also bragged about removing 50 crows v power posts! I never mentioned anything about crow v power, a crow poster decided to bring wines in to it so I responded. So much denial over there and they truly are a pathetic bunch!

The two most misinterpreted moments in Port Adelaide history.

1) MEDIA INTERPRETATION: Warren Tredrea arrogantly hammers home the message to Nick Stevens, who it was rumoured had received nasty post-premiership text messages from ex-teammates!

TREDDERS' EXPLANATION:
I go for Arsenal and am a big fan of Thierry Henry who recently did the 'WASSAAAAP!! phonecall' celebration. A mate of mine was in London and said he'd be watching at The Walkabout. He asked me to give him a big celebration, so I did.

2) MEDIA INTERPRETATION:
Oh. My. God. Warren Tredrea takes a big steaming s**t on North Melbourne by bowing at Glenn Archer/Adam Simpson/Ron Casey's ghost in the ultimate show of disrespect to everyone involved with the game from VicKick to Andrew Demetriou's urologist.

TREDDERS' EXPLANATION:
I had no right to kick that goal. If you look at the vision I was looking to centre to the top of the square, but when I looked up there was no-one there. So I gave it a bit more air and it spun the other way and went in. It was our biggest crowd of the year, the Mexican Wave was going round and I just decided to give a bow to the fans as a thankyou for coming out and getting behind us.

CONCLUSION:
Tredders is the devil.

And one of the men who lead the charge..... David King.

Responsible for some of the most offensive goal celebrations in history.

But yeah "great bloke" so.....

The mods have removed all my posts about Matty crouch in that thread! Also removed the majority of the crow posters posts who somewhat agreed with me. The mod has also bragged about removing 50 crows v power posts! I never mentioned anything about crow v power, a crow poster decided to bring wines in to it so I responded. So much denial over there and they truly are a pathetic bunch!

Not worth worrying about mate. I don't argue with other members on their own boards. The only time I write on other boards, is when I have something good to say, like on the Bulldogs forum yesterday.

Wines is inferior to Crouch. Because Cameron Ling had a brainfade and completely forgot him on his Rising Star ballot. So nyeh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back