Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You feel that Foggarty should almost be a veteran by now for the Crows, and a top three leader. Once in a while ripping a game apart.

Yet he's only ok pulling the boots on for Weeroona Bay A's in Whyalla.

He wouldn't last long there

Mind you Weeroona Bay Oval is John Matthews Oval and John was a huge cows fan

Ladhams Has been offered a 1 game suspension for the hit on Wines. Intentional, medium impact to the body….

Should have been 2
Surprised it was “medium impact”. Unless Wines went off for a couple of quarters, or was genuinely distressed by the impact. Seemed to me that he just brushed it off and kept going as if nothing happened.

Surprised it was “medium impact”. Unless Wines went off for a couple of quarters, or was genuinely distressed by the impact. Seemed to me that he just brushed it off and kept going as if nothing happened.

Was a bit surprised Ollie didnt get up and flatten him. Mustnt have hurt much.

They are further away than they’ve ever been.
You may be right but when you consider we were in the last 2 prelims and were supposed to be entrenched in the top 4 we are only 2 games ahead them with the list we have, we are not much better, although we have a handy cap with the brilliant mind of Ken Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladhams Has been offered a 1 game suspension for the hit on Wines. Intentional, medium impact to the body….

Should have been 2

Meanwhile Braydon Proust has been given one week for his third suspension this year for his head slam tackle on English.

Meanwhile Braydon Proust has been given one week for his third suspension this year for his head slam tackle on English.
I'll have you know that it is only a first offence, my friend:

"Braydon Preuss, GWS Giants, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Tim English, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Round 14 match between GWS Giants and the Western Bulldogs played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday, June 18 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a one-match suspension with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match suspension as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match suspension with an early plea."

The AFL have short memories when it comes to prior infractions :rolleyesv1:

"Braydon Preuss, GWS Giants, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Tim English, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Round 14 match between GWS Giants and the Western Bulldogs played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday, June 18 2022.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match suspension as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match suspension with an early plea."

The AFL have short memories when it comes to prior infractions :rolleyesv1:

Similar to bloody Lynch a couple of years(?) ago - I reckon if the offences/charges are different they allow a first offence of each type.

EDIT: Scrub that theory - suspension #1 was also for a dangerous tackle, on Grundy in the pre-season (maybe they wipe the slate clean once the real stuff starts :drunk: )

The VFL have short memories when it comes to prior infractions :rolleyesv1:

The VFL have short memories when it comes to prior infractions

Depending on the player or club involved

Yep.

Just heard Rowe say 'At least they try each week. All credit to Nicksy for that"

The crows and that s**t of a radio station were made for each other"
Had to smile at a comment in their autopsy thread, "The bye was tough on our older players."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back