Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Richmond benefited more than Hawthorn and the quality of the League was weakest 6-10 years after the expansion drafts when those players should have been peaking. Richmond drafted Dusty in 09 and bottomed out hard around that time.

That would mean West Coast or maybe a team yet to bottom out - I bloody hope it isn’t Geelong or Richmond again.
Richmond got a big chunk of their star players in the 2006 to 2009 drafts, and it took a decade for those guys to peak.

#13 Riewoldt
#26 Edwards
#2 Cotchin
#18 Rance

#8 Ty Vickery left at end of 2016 for Hawks under free agency

#3 Dustin Martin
#35 David Astbury - played in all 3 flags
PSD #2 Dylan Grimes

GC took 10 x U/17 players in 2009 so they would have been eligible for the 2010 draft.

Where the Hawks took advantage was that their main challengers probably missed out on 2 or 3 top 10 type picks and maybe a couple of others. Both new teams had extended squads and zone concessions but around 90 players were sucked out of the pool over 2 drafts. So if the Hawks' main challengers were able to pick up a couple of top 10 players and a couple of other solid types, they would have found the going harder. They Hawks won each of their 3 PFs between 2012 and 2014 by less than a kick and finally the old boys won the 2015 PF by 4 goals and cruised past WCE in 2015 GF, as they were battle hardened by then.

They designers really went above and beyond with that gurnsey

A BF member (fargothegreat) created this mock-up design a few years back. Think it looks way better than the one they've gone with:

1710749716598.png

But, as happened with us and Freo - I'm sure they will change their jumper design once they get up and running.

Last edited:
Team song: Better The Devil You Know
kylie minogue gif bubbles pop GIF

The state shirt is a smart idea. It will unite the state and break any shackles connecting fans to Hawthorn or Norths.

It looks horrible, but so did a couple of Port’s early designs.

Tassie Colours, no surprise - Mrtyle (green), rose, primrose (yellow) state guernsey colours since 1908.
Nickname - Devils, nothing adventerous on that front.
Logo - as per below. There is going to be a public comp to give him/her a name.

INXS' Devil Inside to be their run on song??????????????????????????????/

View attachment 1931865

View attachment 1931907

And the Map of Tassie gets a good go.

View attachment 1931885
Credit to the AFL - They've managed to manufacture something less souless than GWS and Gold Coast, even with an already established brand and colour scheme!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But, as happened with us and Freo - I'm sure they will change their jumper design once they get up and running.

I’ve been waiting 13 years for them to do this with the generic crapola SNUS guernsey/logo

Colours are OK.

Maybe a Tasmanian Devil graphic on the jumper if you want something contemporary?

Maybe hoops if you want something traditional?

Not what they currently have and I'd be surprised if they run out in that game one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back