Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon We had two years with Burgess and performed better than expected with heaps of run
then we dropped back into the pack . . Could be the same for the Crows because without elite team running they’re way ordinary. Thilthorpe will help when he comes back but they’re not looking too ggood, we might actually beat them this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowe mentioned the untennable comment in the wash up tonight too lol, saying the crows can turn it around.

We didnt turn it around. We ******* ruined everything. We were this close.

Every time a caller names a player who went badly, Cornes defends them. If they were all so good, why did they lose?

5AA, where irate fans are forbidden from calling for the head of your Ian Perries, David Mackays, and Brodie Smiths…

And the news of a certain coach’s sacking was withheld and withheld and withheld until Caroline Wilson got wind of it over in Melbourne and broke the news instead…

But the ‘on-air talent’ can gleefully relay the fake news that Port are getting shipped down the Derwent…

And play crying baby sound effects over a departing club Chairman’s press conference.

Fruchoctopia!

Bring back Jordan Gallucci. Stiff that this guy gets delisted and all the other dud first rounders get to stick around forever

I know the tingles just aren't that good as a list and were always unlikely to beat Freo in Perth, but you have to ask as well whether all that bitching and whinging over that Sydney game last year has hurt them.

It should have been as simple as "Yep some things go our way some don't and we failed to win enough games earlier in the season to get in so we take responsibility for not playing finals"... then get on with it. Collingwood in 2022 a great example of that.

Instead they've spent months creating this big victim mentality about how they were so hard done by because one call didn't go their way in a season they were never gonna do anything more than make up numbers in finals anyway. You lose focus when you let that sort of nonsense talk go on, and feel entitled to play finals. If you expect things to happen you're going to get ****ed in the ass by clubs that are making things happen and are 100% focused on beating you in that week, which is exactly what the Cats, SUNS and Dockers have done.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it but I just think this mentality stuff is underrated sometimes.

I know the tingles just aren't that good as a list and were always unlikely to beat Freo in Perth, but you have to ask as well whether all that bitching and whinging over that Sydney game last year has hurt them.

It should have been as simple as "Yep some things go our way some don't and we failed to win enough games earlier in the season to get in so we take responsibility for not playing finals"... then get on with it. Collingwood in 2022 a great example of that.

Instead they've spent months creating this big victim mentality about how they were so hard done by because one call didn't go their way in a season they were never gonna do anything more than make up numbers in finals anyway. You lose focus when you let that sort of nonsense talk go on, and feel entitled to play finals. If you expect things to happen you're going to get ****ed in the ass by clubs that are making things happen and are 100% focused on beating you in that week, which is exactly what the Cats, SUNS and Dockers have done.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it but I just think this mentality stuff is underrated sometimes.
IMHO if they win the spoon, it'll be well deserved. There were calls for taking the decision in that Sydney game to court, and amusingly there was a thread over yonder that suggested forfeiting their game against West Coast as a protest. Focus on getting better - not the perception that the world is against you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back