2nds Port Melbourne v Geelong Sunday 28 August @ Whitten Oval, Footscray 11:40am

Remove this Banner Ad

How was Cockatoo?

Pretty ordinary (and im a fan). Had one in the 3rd with the whole fwd 50 to himself dropped the ball then was caught holding it-another time went on a slashing run then dropped the ball had time to kick to a free teammate inside 50 and tried to burn another tackle and got caught. Has the ability but needs to take first option more.

Finishing 5th and in form at least has the bankers playing every week so long as we can keep winning. Gotta help. Or do the VFL have a week off now as well?

No finals start next week for the vfl.

Pretty ordinary (and im a fan). Had one in the 3rd with the whole fwd 50 to himself dropped the ball then was caught holding it-another time went on a slashing run then dropped the ball had time to kick to a free teammate inside 50 and tried to burn another tackle and got caught. Has the ability but needs to take first option more.

Just watching the VFL now. Pretty impressive first 50 minutes (where I'm up to so far).

Horlin-Smith and Smedts both impressive but have liked a few others too. Reckon Cockatoo hasn't been too bad considering the footy he's missed. Kersten has done a couple of nice things. Parsons looks a player for sure. Luxford is getting better. Sexton and Floyd are lively.

AFL players

GHS - best on ground. Great work rate. Kept fronting up and clearing the ball to better placed teammates.
Lang. Did ok. Good tackling pressure.
Buzza. Shared the ruck duties. Didn't do a lot to talk about.
Parsons. Some good penetrating runs through the centre.
Bates. Quick and dangerous. One of the better games I've seen him play.
Vardy. Shared the ruck duties. Some good work around the ground for his first game back.
Cockatoo. Some good pressure with tackles. But plenty of bad decisions too.
Kersten. Contributed. Nothing special.
Murdoch. Put in a lot of effort, some good runs. Put his hand up for first team selection.
Luxford - ok, nothing special.
Delaney - solid game.
Billie - got a lot of touches, a few cheapies but no clangers.
Cornell - ok, nothing special.
Lucey - shared the ruck, competitive, has much more game awareness than last year.
Hayball- ok, nothing special.

VFL players

Floyd - skinny young top up kid did great.
Edwards - looked class at the back.
Tsitas - busy as usual.
Atkins - a tackling machine.
Sexton - quieter than normal - potential draft pickup - shadapayaface loose lips sinks ships.
Hickey, House, McLachlan - all very good.

v3CRKHB.png

GXW6J4r.png

Was super impressed by Billy's game. Wasn't put under huge pressure, but was super clean and every time he had the ball I was confident he was going to do something good with it.

GHS & Lang both played solid games as you would expect. Step above at this level.

Cocky was good and finished well, but still has those fumbles more than he would like and try's to take on the tackler and gets caught too often. I love him and the potential and pressure he brings playing in the 1sts, but given our depth I just feel he stays down and his time will be next season.

Murder and Kersten played typical games, flashes of dominance and then unfortunately they go out of the game for too long.

I've said it earlier, but again unfortunately I think Vards time at the Cats is almost over. As much as I would love to see him reach his potential clunking big marks, kicking goals and dominating in second ruck, I think he has peaked at the Cats and I don't think we lose anything if he moves on. Couldn't get into the game.

Of the young guys Hayball was great and really clean off halfback, but like Smedts largely unaccountable. Started slowly and really improved as the game went on.

Thought Delaney was solid, especially his marking and gives confidence he can improve again next season.

Lucey did well and has improved a heap. Unsure he can step up enough to take the next step, but good on him for his upward curve.

Bates did play a good game and uses his pace well. I just think injuries and competition for spots will cost him a list spot come seasons end.

Buzz didn't have a great game. Like Lucey just a work in progress and learning year so no expectations for me.

"My Boy" Parsons had a quiet day and you could tell early on things weren't going to go his way. When he did get it he did some beautiful things. Keeping the faith.

His mate Cornell also was fairly quiet, but for me this is were I think he's at. Unsure he will take the next step up. Hope I'm wrong.

Have said previously Luxford is a good VFL player and that is probably his ceiling. Think Lux will be out at the end of the season.

Of the VFL guys, not sure why people love House so much. I'd be surprised to see him picked up. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Atkins is a quality player, but was surprised to hear O'Bree say if he worked hard he could be a good "VFL Player" next year, so not sure he gets a chance based on that. McLachlan has had better games this season.

GO CATS!!!

Was super impressed by Billy's game. Wasn't put under huge pressure, but was super clean and every time he had the ball I was confident he was going to do something good with it.

Yeah he was really clean on the transition from defence. The new style of play out of the backline might suit him more than the old run and carry style where he would try to do too much and get caught. I guess his kicking style was another knock and it might not transition as well to AFL under more pressure. I haven't given up hope he can add something to the AFL side yet.

So Floyd is the kid from Colac who walked out on the Falcons after a disagreement with Turner and returned to Colac to play senior footy. Apparently the Falcons were not happy that the Bankers allowed him to train and play with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back