Port Talked the talk - Geelong walked the walk

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Gee how much egg does Mark Williams have on his face now. All week he talked up Port and made light hearted jibes at the Cats and Bomber Thompson and on the day they didn't even turn up to play:cool:

The coaches press conference was unreal, Williams joking and ribbing Thompson and Bomber looked a tad stressed.

Well done Geelong, best team all year by a mile.

After the last couple of heart stoppers it shows how much we were spoilt with close finishes.

Mark Williams doesn't have egg on his face.

After the way he's turned his team around this year, he is rightly considered one of the top coaches in the AFL.

There are plenty of sides who would kill for a coach that could get them into the top four, let alone a grand final.

He was entertaining in the media this week, it's what he does - to be honest, he probably knew that Geelong were a better side than Port and knew that playing mind games all wee was worth a shot. In the end, it didn't work, but it was worth a shot.

Geelong were good enough to ignore this type of thing, and good on them - Congratulations - I know the feeling, and I hope all Geelong supporters savour it - you have always been my favourite Victorian team!

Port will be in the top four again next year, and I'm sure there would be plenty of fans on here who could only dream of their team achieving that next season.

Willaims did what he had to do - good on him. When it works you're a genius whan you lose - well its Choking , sorry i meant Shocking!

Mark Williams doesn't have egg on his face.

After the way he's turned his team around this year, he is rightly considered one of the top coaches in the AFL.

There are plenty of sides who would kill for a coach that could get them into the top four, let alone a grand final.

He was entertaining in the media this week, it's what he does - to be honest, he probably knew that Geelong were a better side than Port and knew that playing mind games all wee was worth a shot. In the end, it didn't work, but it was worth a shot.

Geelong were good enough to ignore this type of thing, and good on them - Congratulations - I know the feeling, and I hope all Geelong supporters savour it - you have always been my favourite Victorian team!

Port will be in the top four again next year, and I'm sure there would be plenty of fans on here who could only dream of their team achieving that next season.

Sorry mate, your squad was a flat out joke! No justification related to the regular season can change that.

Sorry mate, your squad was a flat out joke! No justification related to the regular season can change that.

you're missing my point - even though we were terrible today, there are probably at least 10-14 clubs in the league who would love Mark Williams as coach, after what he's done this year. There is no egg on his face.

choco doesn't have egg on his face.

he's made it clear that he played those mind games for a bit of fun as the media would lap it up, anyone who thinks he was being 100% serious and underestimated geelong is on crack.

you're missing my point - even though we were terrible today, there are probably at least 10-14 clubs in the league who would love Mark Williams as coach, after what he's done this year. There is no egg on his face.

Screw your point, you're missing THE point. Smashed like no other team to EVER, EVER, play a grand final!

There well might be 14 teams that entertain MW as head coach, but make no mistake he has egg, as far as the cows come home, all over his face right now!

Screw your point, you're missing THE point. Smashed like no other team to EVER, EVER, play a grand final!

There well might be 14 teams that entertain MW as head coach, but make no mistake he has egg, as far as the cows come home, all over his face right now!

THE point of this thread is to discuss whether or not MW has been significantly embarassed today.

There is no egg on his face as everyone in the AFL world would understand the reasons for Mark Williams comments this week - an attempt to put doubt into Geelong's minds, to entertain - which is what he does.

He is well respected for his achievements this year, and has no 'egg on his face'.

Perhaps you should read this interview with Mark after the game

http://portadelaidefc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6038/Default.aspx?newsId=51941

Might clear things up... He basically says he knew Geelong were the best team in the country by a fair margin, and that Port were always going to struggle to win this game, and knew that Geelong could destroy Port.

He basically said that mind games were our only real chance, and that if Geelong were mentally weak, Port could exploit it, but otherwise they would struggle.

Kudos to Bomber Thompson, who didn't play into Choco's hands, and made sure his boys were 100% switched on.

I think the AFL need to have a look at the set-up of the finals, so as to not let dud clubs like Port Adelaide take part.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did all he could.
The players and the club have egg on their faces. No one will remeber who coached the pathetic side that got pumped by 100+ in the granny. They will remeber Pathetic Power, Not Mark Williams.

He should quit, they were an embarrasment. Who would want to coach them after that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back